GOP lining up against jobs plan

So the GOP ran on jobs. Where is their plan? NOTHING....THEY HAVE SUMBITTED NOTHING. The word is in the GOP, no help for the economy until they get rid of Barry.

They have submitted several things. Only to be placed on a shelf by the low life Harry Reid.

Why is it you think another union payoff will work this time?

So the GOP ran on jobs. Where is their plan? NOTHING....THEY HAVE SUMBITTED NOTHING. The word is in the GOP, no help for the economy until they get rid of Barry.

liar.

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Blog || Senator Reid Blocks Republican Jobs Bills

Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens:

H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

Introduced by Rep. Bob Gibbs (OH) on March 2, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 292-130 on March 31, 2011
Senate has taken no action to date

H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

Introduced by Rep. Fred Upton (MI) on March 3, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 255-172 on April 7, 2011

H.J.Res. 37, a Resolution of disapproval regarding the FCC’s regulation of the Internet and broadband industry practices

Introduced by Rep. Greg Walden (OR) on February 16, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 240 to 179 on April 8, 2011

H.Res. 72, a Resolution to direct committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and order from agencies of the Federal Government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth

Introduced by Rep. Pete Sessions (TX) on February 8, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 391 to 28 on February 11, 2011
The Senate has not directed their committees to take such action

Fix The Tax Code To Help Job Creators:

H.R. 4, the Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act

Introduced by Rep. Dan Lungren (CA) on January 12, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 314 to 112 on March 3, 2011
Passed the Senate by a vote of 87 to 12 on March 31, 2011
Signed into law by the President on April 14, 2011

Maximize Domestic Energy Production To Ensure An Energy Policy For The Twenty-First Century:

H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

Introduced by Rep. Doc Hastings (WA) on March 29, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 266-149 on May 5, 2011

H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

Passed the House by a vote of 263-163 on May 11, 2011

H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act

Passed the House by a vote of 243-179 on May 12, 2011

Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within Our Means:

H.Con.Res. 34, a Resolution establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021

Introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan (WI) on April 11, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 235-193 on April 15, 2011
Senate has not yet considered a budget of their own

The Dems have blocked all this.

GOP lining up against jobs plan.

The dishonest OP flat out lied when he submitted this thread.

- First of all Obama had not even given his campaign speech "Jobs Plan Address" to the joint session of congress when dishonest JimH52 created this thread.

- Second - Obama did not even have a "Jobs Plan" for the Republicans to line up against when this thread was made.

- Third - It's been 4 days since Obama made his "Jobs Plan Address". He still does not have a plan & has yet to submit it to congress.

Obama said pass this jobs bill over 13 times during his speech, yet there was & is no bill to pass. Does he want Congress to pass a bill before he will tell them what's in it? This kind of sounds like his healthcare plan.

Last edited:
He's waiting for his Committee to come up with a plan.

The CBO will no doubt score whatever they come up with.

- First of all Obama had not even given his campaign speech to the joint session of congress "Jobs Plan Address" when dishonest JimH52 created this thread.

- Second - Obama did not even have a "Jobs Plan" for the Republicans to line up against when this thread was made.

- Third - It's been 4 days since Obama made his "Jobs Plan Address" he still does not have a plan & has yet to submit it to congress.

Obama said pass this jobs bill over 13 times during his speech, yet there was & is no bill to pass. Does he want Congress to pass a bill before he will tell them what's in it? This kind of sounds like his healthcare plan.
We have to pass the bill before we can write it.

Political showdown shaping up over Obama's 'American Jobs Act' - CNN.com

Of course they are! The worse thing in the world for the GOP would be for the economy to improve before November 2012. They are very happy with high unemployment.

Are you under the delusional impression that government creates jobs? You do understand that the money to 'stimulate' must first come OUT of the economy, right? Then it must be run through corrupt and inefficient bureaucracies before the first dime can be spent. This is why so many Americans are against any government "jobs" plan that doesn't involve government getting the hell out of the way of the real job creators.

If your way worked, we could fix everything by paying working to dig ditches with spoons.

What are you talking about? They've compromised multiple times. Heck, they gave President Obama what he wanted with the debt ceiling discussion. What the heck do you want?

That's what counts as Obama getting what he wants?

I wouldn't exactly call more "Free Trade Agreements" reasonable, rational OR affordable. That'll be the death nell of American Manufacturing.

What is our trade deficit with nations in which we have free trade agreements? How does that compare to before the agreement?

I do find it ridiculous that you see tons of Japanese cars in America, but very, very few non-Japanese cars in Japan. But free trade agreements help America in general. It doesn't help everyone equally, however.

That's true. Not everyone is helped. When the gov't raises import tariffs on steel, as Bush did, the steel companies were helped tremendously. Companies that made automobiles and appliances were hurt. So a few people benefitted a lot while the vast majority were hurt a little.
In free trade agreements it is the opposite: a few people are hurt a lot and everyone benefits some. In the aggregate there is net benefit.
How many of the "tons of Japanese cars" you see in AMerica were actually made here?
With true free trade no one is hurt. Everybody benefits, some more than others, but everyone benefits. We do not practice free trade!

- First of all Obama had not even given his campaign speech to the joint session of congress "Jobs Plan Address" when dishonest JimH52 created this thread.

- Third - It's been 4 days since Obama made his "Jobs Plan Address" he still does not have a plan & has yet to submit it to congress.

Obama Pleads for Congress to Approve Jobs Bill - NYTimes.com

Mr. Obama, speaking in the Rose Garden, held up a copy of the American Jobs Act, which will be sent to Congress Monday evening.

Anyone else catch those he said he wanted to help? Teachers, firefighters, etc. ALL UNION MEMBERS.

As for construction jobs. GUESS who will be getting THOSE JOBS.

why you against jobs?
Because her MessiahRushie told her to hope for unemployment.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

So how come I'm watching the GOp applauding some of his plans? Does not look like their 'lining up' against anything that is rational, reasonable, and affordable.

Maybe after their constituents at home told them to work together across the isle, they have decided to compromise.
Flip flopper. Make up your mind. If obamaturd came up with the plan it surely is pure b.s.

Because if it helped the economy, you might not be able to get rid of Barry in 2012. Your goal should be to keep the economy in the dumpster. Excellent job so far.

Since when does big government help the economy?

besides giving out money and contracts for things??
For not letting people eat themselves with sensible regulations.

thats off the top of my head.

Sounds more like the top of your head fell off and your brain rolled out.... this is beyond stupid, even for you.

besides giving out money and contracts for things??
For not letting people eat themselves with sensible regulations.

thats off the top of my head.

Sounds more like the top of your head fell off and your brain rolled out.... this is beyond stupid, even for you.

well with this retort i understand how you got the nickname brains.....

You know, I apologize.... it indeed is the role of government to give out money and keep people from eating themselves... how could I, or anyone for that matter, miss such an essential role of government.

:lol:

well with this retort i understand how you got the nickname brains.....

You know, I apologize.... it indeed is the role of government to give out money and keep people from eating themselves... how could I, or anyone for that matter, miss such an essential role of government.

:lol:

give out money for defense, and other projects that eventually you end up using in everyday life.

Giving out money so we can fix roads and bridges etc.

Regulations are a part of government and are needed. Without key regulations people ( companies) would eat themselves. You would have monopolies and people doing whatever the fuck they wanted.

I understand you need to paint what i am saying in some extreme light in order to have a point, because you literally have nothing. I know you are also a liar and will lie your way out of this.

Proving your one brain cell is still functioning?
Monopolies occur as a result of gov't action, not inaction.

How much money has been given out for defense vs given out in transfer payments to people on SSI/disability, retirement, welfare etc etc etc?
The vast majority of regulations could disappear tomorrow and teh result is we'd all be better off.

Obama Pleads for Congress to Approve Jobs Bill - NYTimes.com

Mr. Obama, speaking in the Rose Garden, held up a copy of the American Jobs Act, which will be sent to Congress Monday evening.

:lol: edthecynic don't know the difference between a theatrical prop & a real jobs bill. :lol: As of your post Congress still never saw a "Jobs Bill" & it was not available online 4 days after Obama made his entire congressional address saying the phrase "pass this bill" 14 times.

Last edited:
God himself could come up with a jobs plan, and the GOP would shoot it down. They DO NOT want to see the economy improve. The GOP platform is Party before Country.

God himself could come up with a jobs plan, and the GOP would shoot it down. They DO NOT want to see the economy improve. The GOP platform is Party before Country.
Boiking could hold up a copy of the Sporting News, call it a "jobs bill" and zombie fluffers like you would fall to your knees and genuflect, as though he just descended from the Temple Mount. :lol:

I have never called anyone an outright liar on this board, but for you FireFly, I will make an exception. You are a fraud and a liar. Have you ever thought of seeking political office for the GOP? You have excellent credentials.

Forum List

Back