GOP lining up against jobs plan

*shrugs*, if a trillion got us this, whats a half trillion going to get us? half as fast non growth?

I' guess all will be made clear after the CBO scores his plan...right?

"That isn't a plan to put people back to work NOW..."

Not according to him- these are jobs held up at the last stage by bloody minded no compromise a-hole Pubs...

The jobs were held up? How? The truth is...as Barry admitted..."the shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought."

So explain to me how the jobs that weren't ready LAST time and were abandoned for rushed road repavings just to get SOMETHING out the door will magically be ready this time? You guys that actually buy this happy horse shit kill me. You're all like Charlie Brown...lined up to try and kick the football one more time!

Last edited:

Not according to him- these are jobs held up at the last stage by bloody minded no compromise a-hole Pubs...

The jobs were held up? How? The truth is...as Barry admitted..."the shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought."

So explain to me how the jobs that weren't ready LAST time and were abandoned for rushed road repavings just to get SOMETHING out the door will magically be ready this time? You guys that actually buy this happy horse shit kill me. You're all like Charlie Brown...lined up to try and kick the football one more time!

Well, he was honest about that, so he's probably honest about this...or you can listen to the republicants, and do the Banana Republic thing...BRILLIANT!!.

Political showdown shaping up over Obama's 'American Jobs Act' - CNN.com

Of course they are! The worse thing in the world for the GOP would be for the economy to improve before November 2012. They are very happy with high unemployment.

All we got tonight was another perfectly pronounced campaign speech. IOW--Obama DOESN'T HAVE a Job's plan. No details--in fact he just assigned his JOBS plan tonight--to the 12 member debt commission committee--who I am certain didn't want this one dumped in their laps.

$shovel-ready.gif

Well, he was honest about that, so he's probably honest about this...or you can listen to the republicants, and do the Banana Republic thing...BRILLIANT!!.

Obama doesn't have a JOBS PLAN--that was obvious when he assigned the 12 member debt commission to come up with a PLAN.

All Obama has is SPEECHES--that the CBO can't score.

$donkey stimulus.jpg

Because if it helped the economy, you might not be able to get rid of Barry in 2012. Your goal should be to keep the economy in the dumpster. Excellent job so far.

The Republicans will be doing Barry a favor when they vote this piece of shit down.

What are you talking about? They've compromised multiple times. Heck, they gave President Obama what he wanted with the debt ceiling discussion. What the heck do you want?

That's what counts as Obama getting what he wants?

I wouldn't exactly call more "Free Trade Agreements" reasonable, rational OR affordable. That'll be the death nell of American Manufacturing.

What is our trade deficit with nations in which we have free trade agreements? How does that compare to before the agreement?

I do find it ridiculous that you see tons of Japanese cars in America, but very, very few non-Japanese cars in Japan. But free trade agreements help America in general. It doesn't help everyone equally, however.

What are you talking about? They've compromised multiple times. Heck, they gave President Obama what he wanted with the debt ceiling discussion. What the heck do you want?

That's what counts as Obama getting what he wants?

I wouldn't exactly call more "Free Trade Agreements" reasonable, rational OR affordable. That'll be the death nell of American Manufacturing.

What is our trade deficit with nations in which we have free trade agreements? How does that compare to before the agreement?

I do find it ridiculous that you see tons of Japanese cars in America, but very, very few non-Japanese cars in Japan. But free trade agreements help America in general. It doesn't help everyone equally, however.

That's true. Not everyone is helped. When the gov't raises import tariffs on steel, as Bush did, the steel companies were helped tremendously. Companies that made automobiles and appliances were hurt. So a few people benefitted a lot while the vast majority were hurt a little.
In free trade agreements it is the opposite: a few people are hurt a lot and everyone benefits some. In the aggregate there is net benefit.
How many of the "tons of Japanese cars" you see in AMerica were actually made here?

How many of the "tons of Japanese cars" you see in AMerica were actually made here?

Quite a large number (I wish I could find an exact percentage). I do know that Toyota owns five assembly plants in the U.S. Not every part is made in the U.S., but I don't think there is a high-tech device on this planet that was assembled entirely in one country.

Now, I wonder how many Fords were built in Mexico. (It's possible that these cars are intended for the Mexican market, since they buy Fords, though).

Toyota, Honda and Nissan all have American plants. As do Mercedes, BMW and now VW. There is plenty of auto manufacturing going on. Just not in unionized high wage high tax places like Detroit.

Toyota, Honda and Nissan all have American plants. As do Mercedes, BMW and now VW. There is plenty of auto manufacturing going on. Just not in unionized high wage high tax places like Detroit.

True, but being manufactured by non-union workers is not why Americans buy Asian cars. American cars tend to cost less, despite the higher labor costs.

True, but being manufactured by non-union workers is not why Americans buy Asian cars. American cars tend to cost less, despite the higher labor costs.

They buy Asian cars because they are better designed and more efficient, thus less costly in the long run.
But compare the Volt to the Prius and I thnk the Prius costs less.

Yea.

He was honestly laughing it up with his buddies about it.

He was honestly yucking it up that he hasn't been able to create jobs.

:lol:

(not funny, though)
:eusa_shhh:

I want to remind the new members of congress, the members voted in by the TEA PARTY, we did NOT send them there to spend more money we don't have. Stimulus lite will have no better effect that the first $800,000,000,000 did. Put the credit card away and vote no.

The stimulus ended the depression and the recession. This would get job recovery going faster. You are brainwashed.

Greenspan today: "If you have to add to the deficit to produce jobs, do it."

Last edited:
Anyone else catch those he said he wanted to help? Teachers, firefighters, etc. ALL UNION MEMBERS.

As for construction jobs. GUESS who will be getting THOSE JOBS.

So the GOP ran on jobs. Where is their plan? NOTHING....THEY HAVE SUMBITTED NOTHING. The word is in the GOP, no help for the economy until they get rid of Barry.

New Topics

Forum List

Back