GOP leader told Obama ‘I cannot even stand to look at you’

lol, they are lecturing us on bad form

calling the people in this country teabaggers, hostage takers, terrorist, etc etc

ISN'T BAD FORM or what?

good grief, go lecture someone else with you bs

Well? Did he or didn't a House Republican say that to Obama's face? A spokesman for Durbin says he did and that Senator Durbin stands by his comments. Talk about disrespect. Shameful!

White House denies GOP leader told Obama ?I cannot even stand to look at you? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"Shameful"? Really [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION]? What is "shameful" about it? The fact that he didn't worship de fürher like the Dumbocrats do? The fact that he exercised his 1st Amendment rights? Which part exactly was "shameful"? Um, you do realize that the president is a servant of the American people, don't you? That's he's not a dictator to be bowed to?

Leave it to a Dumbocrat to call exercising your 1st Amendment rights "shameful". :bang3:

Uh, it didn't actually happen Rottweiler, that's been established for all to see, except for you I guess.

But, and I'm being hypothetical here, if it had occurred I'm sure that most here, Republican and Democrat, would consider that bad form and surely disrespectful to the Prez and the Office.

I responded to your first post [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION] - so how could I have known that you had lied at that point?

But that aside, where exactly is it written that anyone has to show "respect" towards the servant known as the president? Especially one who has been exceedingly rude and disrespectful to anyone on the right - including his boss, the people.

lol, they are lecturing us on bad form

calling the people in this country teabaggers, hostage takers, terrorist, etc etc

ISN'T BAD FORM or what?

good grief, go lecture someone else with you bs

I know. It's perfectly okay for Obama to say horrible things about legislators but if they returned the favor then GASP!

half of america cannot stand to look at the son of a bitch.

Wrong! If Obama ran for POTUS again tomorrow he'd win by a landslide even bigger than in 2012. Guaranteed!

Not a chance, obama has destroyed the dem party.

I wouldn't say "no chance" RF. I mean, there was no way in hell Obama was going to be re-elected in 2012 based on his atrocious performance. But we all failed to account for the Dumbocrats Chicago-style politics and voter fraud tactics (why the fuck you think they are horrified at the thought of voter ID?).

"Shameful"? Really [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION]? What is "shameful" about it? The fact that he didn't worship de fürher like the Dumbocrats do? The fact that he exercised his 1st Amendment rights? Which part exactly was "shameful"? Um, you do realize that the president is a servant of the American people, don't you? That's he's not a dictator to be bowed to?

Leave it to a Dumbocrat to call exercising your 1st Amendment rights "shameful". :bang3:

Uh, it didn't actually happen Rottweiler, that's been established for all to see, except for you I guess.

But, and I'm being hypothetical here, if it had occurred I'm sure that most here, Republican and Democrat, would consider that bad form and surely disrespectful to the Prez and the Office.

I responded to your first post [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION] - so how could I have known that you had lied at that point?

But that aside, where exactly is it written that anyone has to show "respect" towards the servant known as the president? Especially one who has been exceedingly rude and disrespectful to anyone on the right - including his boss, the people.

Respect: It's not written mandatory as a law but I'll bet you anything Rottweiler that you would hold your tongue if you happened to cross paths with Obama personally somehow. I'll bet you would. Am I right?

My sources say it was Michelle who said it. :lol:

Give it Carny, and I am pretty sure he can tie it to Breast Cancer Awareness month ...
ec0681c1ac4d53e235c487fe5ae969a2-1.gif

Dick Stergeon wasn't wearing his glasses, very nearsighted, what he actually witnessed was Al Gore telling Maxine Waters that she was the ugliest (fill in the blank) he has ever seen since he ran into Elizabeth Warren.

Respect: It's not written mandatory as a law but I'll bet you anything Rottweiler that you would hold your tongue if you happened to cross paths with Obama personally somehow. I'll bet you would. Am I right?

I definitely would not do anything to attract Secret Service attention.

Outside of the Judiciary (and possible "contempt") ... Respect cannot be legislated, because like Faith and other personal aspects ... You cannot force someone to Respect you.
You can punish them if your feelings get hurt ... But just like the fact that you can neither make someone worship God, nor stop someone from worshiping God ... You cannot force someone to actually Respect another person.

We have to earn respect ... And can only desire to achieve that goal ... Honor is a gift you give yourself.

Even if this were true, I wouldn't blame him to be quite honest. Obama has been a colossal detriment to our nation. The failure of Obamacare was the nail in the coffin for his presidency.

So a program that hasn't even taken effect yet is a colossal detriment to our nation? Voters voted Obama back in office after Obamacare became law and sanctioned by the supreme court so I guess the voters didn't see your post on what a colosall failure this yet to be tried program is.

Even if this were true, I wouldn't blame him to be quite honest. Obama has been a colossal detriment to our nation. The failure of Obamacare was the nail in the coffin for his presidency.

So a program that hasn't even taken effect yet is a colossal detriment to our nation? Voters voted Obama back in office after Obamacare became law and sanctioned by the supreme court so I guess the voters didn't see your post on what a colosall failure this yet to be tried program is.

It's interesting how people who defend the ACA alternate between saying that it's already helping millions and it hasn't taken effect yet.

Wrong! If Obama ran for POTUS again tomorrow he'd win by a landslide even bigger than in 2012. Guaranteed!

Not a chance, obama has destroyed the dem party.

I wouldn't say "no chance" RF. I mean, there was no way in hell Obama was going to be re-elected in 2012 based on his atrocious performance. But we all failed to account for the Dumbocrats Chicago-style politics and voter fraud tactics (why the fuck you think they are horrified at the thought of voter ID?).

Any proof at all about your ridiculous assertion that Obama won due to voter fraud? There is proof that repubs won congress this last time due to gerrymandering. Not illegal I know, but without republican gerrymandering the dems would control all three branches.

It's interesting how people who defend the ACA alternate between saying that it's already helping millions and it hasn't taken effect yet.

I didn't say it's helped millions. I said it hasn't taken effect yet so how can TK claim it as a colossal failure.

Last edited:
Anyone post this one yet?

White House: Durbin quote a 'misunderstanding' - Carrie Budoff Brown and Burgess Everett - POLITICO.com
The White House issued a statement Thursday saying “we regret the misunderstanding” about Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin’s account of a meeting between House Republicans and President Barack Obama.

“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding,” a White House official said in an email.

It was not immediately clear who delivered the readout. The White House declined to further elaborate on the issue Thursday.

Harry Reid Told Caucus That Pete Sessions Was Behind Obama Insult, Senators Say
The alleged incident took place in the throes of the government shutdown, when Obama was meeting with different factions of lawmakers to try to find a resolution to the debacle. [A] White House aide told Democratic leaders that the lawmaker who couldn’t stand to look at the president was Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the chairman of the House Rules Committee, the two senators told HuffPost.

So a White House aid makes up the quote and lies to Reid, who then tells Durbin (neither of who were present). Now the WH is apologizing, but wont finger the rat. They act like a bunch of 6th graders.

Just another day in the politics of deceit by the White House.

To be technical obamacare was never sanctioned by the supreme court or any court. Payment for obamacare was upheld as a tax. The merits were not under consideration.
When obama was reelected, obamacare was acceptable because it had not been implemented. All people knew were the lies obama told. Now they know.

White House: Durbin quote a 'misunderstanding' - Carrie Budoff Brown and Burgess Everett - POLITICO.com
The White House issued a statement Thursday saying “we regret the misunderstanding” about Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin’s account of a meeting between House Republicans and President Barack Obama.

“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding,” a White House official said in an email.

It was not immediately clear who delivered the readout. The White House declined to further elaborate on the issue Thursday.

The alleged incident took place in the throes of the government shutdown, when Obama was meeting with different factions of lawmakers to try to find a resolution to the debacle. [A] White House aide told Democratic leaders that the lawmaker who couldn’t stand to look at the president was Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the chairman of the House Rules Committee, the two senators told HuffPost.

So a White House aid makes up the quote and lies to Reid, who then tells Durbin (neither of who were present). Now the WH is apologizing, but wont finger the rat. They act like a bunch of 6th graders.

Wouldn't it be common sense that whatever White House "aide" spread that lie needs to be looking for a new career? How can someone make up a statement like that and still have their job? Am I missing something?

Wouldn't it be common sense that whatever White House "aide" spread that lie needs to be looking for a new career? How can someone make up a statement like that and still have their job? Am I missing something?

Just your assumption that anything resembling common sense exists in this administration.

I didn't say it's helped millions. I said it hasn't taken effect yet so how can TK claim it as a colossal failure.

Other people say it has already helped millions.

Part already has taken effect. Part has been anticipated and the changes which have been put into place in preparation for what will soon go into effect have been devastating to many. Will it be devastating enough to affect the broader economy? We have to wait to see that. However, we already know that it has taken a toll on many.

Other people say it has already helped millions.

Part already has taken effect. Part has been anticipated and the changes which have been put into place in preparation for what will soon go into effect have been devastating to many. Will it be devastating enough to affect the broader economy? We have to wait to see that. However, we already know that it has taken a toll on many.

Good Lord! Are you all referring to 'Obamacare'?

Christ, it's only been a few weeks, give it a little more time before you all declare it officially a disaster and dead on arrival already.

What? You all afraid that Obamacare's rollout may be fixed with time and that the ACA may workout for millions of Americans after all?

We shall see, indeed, we shall see.

Forum List

Back