GOP leader told Obama ‘I cannot even stand to look at you’

Anyone post this one yet?

White House: Durbin quote a 'misunderstanding' - Carrie Budoff Brown and Burgess Everett - POLITICO.com
The White House issued a statement Thursday saying “we regret the misunderstanding” about Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin’s account of a meeting between House Republicans and President Barack Obama.

“While the quote attributed to a Republican lawmaker in the House GOP meeting with the President is not accurate, there was a miscommunication when the White House read out that meeting to Senate Democrats, and we regret the misunderstanding,” a White House official said in an email.

It was not immediately clear who delivered the readout. The White House declined to further elaborate on the issue Thursday.

Harry Reid Told Caucus That Pete Sessions Was Behind Obama Insult, Senators Say
The alleged incident took place in the throes of the government shutdown, when Obama was meeting with different factions of lawmakers to try to find a resolution to the debacle. [A] White House aide told Democratic leaders that the lawmaker who couldn’t stand to look at the president was Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the chairman of the House Rules Committee, the two senators told HuffPost.

So a White House aid makes up the quote and lies to Reid, who then tells Durbin (neither of who were present). Now the WH is apologizing, but wont finger the rat. They act like a bunch of 6th graders.

Just another day in the politics of deceit by the White House.

Wouldn't it be common sense that whatever White House "aide" spread that lie needs to be looking for a new career? How can someone make up a statement like that and still have their job? Am I missing something?

Just your assumption that anything resembling common sense exists in this administration.

LOL...what can I say, Percy. That's such a "no-brainer" that I would assume even a managerially challenged Administration like this one would grasp that White House aides can't be making up lies about what high ranking members of the opposition party said at meetings with the President. I'm sorry but if you ARE doing that...then you need to be fired IMMEDIATELY!!! Then someone needs to call a press conference and announce that "Joe Blow" was fired today because he misled members of the Senate. NOT doing that is simply absurd.

I didn't say it's helped millions. I said it hasn't taken effect yet so how can TK claim it as a colossal failure.

Other people say it has already helped millions.

Part already has taken effect. Part has been anticipated and the changes which have been put into place in preparation for what will soon go into effect have been devastating to many. Will it be devastating enough to affect the broader economy? We have to wait to see that. However, we already know that it has taken a toll on many.

Good Lord! Are you all referring to 'Obamacare'?

Christ, it's only been a few weeks, give it a little more time before you all declare it officially a disaster and dead on arrival already.

What? You all afraid that Obamacare's rollout may be fixed with time and that the ACA may workout for millions of Americans after all?

We shall see, indeed, we shall see.

Ah, Kid? This Administration had 3 YEARS to get this web site ready and failed miserably. The next thing that's going to fail is that the millions of young healthy people they have to have signing up for this simply aren't because the cost is too high and THAT is going to push the costs for ObamaCare through the stratosphere. Wait until you see the strain that puts on the economy when Barry and the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" try to figure out how to PAY for this nonsense.

I didn't say it's helped millions. I said it hasn't taken effect yet so how can TK claim it as a colossal failure.

Part already has taken effect. Part has been anticipated and the changes which have been put into place in preparation for what will soon go into effect have been devastating to many. Will it be devastating enough to affect the broader economy? We have to wait to see that. However, we already know that it has taken a toll on many.

Christ, it's only been a few weeks, give it a little more time before you all declare it officially a disaster and dead on arrival already.

What? You all afraid that Obamacare's rollout may be fixed with time and that the ACA may workout for millions of Americans after all?

A few weeks since the website roll out. A lot longer since other changes went into effect.

Sure it will probably help some people. Maybe millions as you say. However, I know that it has already hurt a lot of people. And those numbers may add up to millions too or they might only number in the hundreds of thousands and be written off by Democrats.

I have a friend who can't get pain management therapy anymore because ACA requirements raised her out of pocket cost for the therapy to $600 per month, which isn't affordable for her. Her plight may only be a drop in the ocean and maybe the people ground under the steamroller won't add up to enough hurt the economy but their pain is real and it was caused by ACA.

Wouldn't it be common sense that whatever White House "aide" spread that lie needs to be looking for a new career? How can someone make up a statement like that and still have their job? Am I missing something?

Just your assumption that anything resembling common sense exists in this administration.

LOL...what can I say, Percy. That's such a "no-brainer" that I would assume even a managerially challenged Administration like this one would grasp that White House aides can't be making up lies about what high ranking members of the opposition party said at meetings with the President. I'm sorry but if you ARE doing that...then you need to be fired IMMEDIATELY!!! Then someone needs to call a press conference and announce that "Joe Blow" was fired today because he misled members of the Senate. NOT doing that is simply absurd.

They can't fire an aide because in all likely hood Reid told Durbin about it. And Obama can not have Reid held accountable.

Uh, it didn't actually happen Rottweiler, that's been established for all to see, except for you I guess.

But, and I'm being hypothetical here, if it had occurred I'm sure that most here, Republican and Democrat, would consider that bad form and surely disrespectful to the Prez and the Office.

I responded to your first post [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION] - so how could I have known that you had lied at that point?

But that aside, where exactly is it written that anyone has to show "respect" towards the servant known as the president? Especially one who has been exceedingly rude and disrespectful to anyone on the right - including his boss, the people.

Respect: It's not written mandatory as a law but I'll bet you anything Rottweiler that you would hold your tongue if you happened to cross paths with Obama personally somehow. I'll bet you would. Am I right?

What's your definition of "respect"? Would I scream and spit in his face? Absolutely not. Would I tell him what a marxist piece of shit he is? You better fucking believe it.

A few weeks since the website roll out. A lot longer since other changes went into effect.

Sure it will probably help some people. Maybe millions as you say. However, I know that it has already hurt a lot of people. And those numbers may add up to millions too or they might only number in the hundreds of thousands and be written off by Democrats.

I have a friend who can't get pain management therapy anymore because ACA requirements raised her out of pocket cost for the therapy to $600 per month, which isn't affordable for her. Her plight may only be a drop in the ocean and maybe the people ground under the steamroller won't add up to enough hurt the economy but their pain is real and it was caused by ACA.

Your friends plight was not caused by Obamacare, it was caused by greed by the pain management people who were overcharging her to begin with... ripping her off.

Obamacare is not responsible for the private sectors outlandish, mismanagement overpriced policies. Obamacare is here to check and balance such behavior by those private sector thieves.

But not without a fight from the nationwide scoundrels it seems.

Your friends plight was not caused by Obamacare, it was caused by greed by the pain management people who were overcharging her to begin with... ripping her off.

Obamacare is not responsible for the private sectors outlandish, mismanagement overpriced policies. Obamacare is here to check and balance such behavior by those private sector thieves.

Obamacare has brought many affordable policies to an end.

Including my friend's.

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, are going to be paying more for their insurance though Obama promised they would pay significantly less. And they're going to be paying more for their healthcare beyond the insurance premiums. Or they're simply going to go without because they can't afford Obama's version of affordable.

Including my friend's.

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, are going to be paying more for their insurance though Obama promised they would pay significantly less. And they're going to be paying more for their healthcare beyond the insurance premiums. Or they're simply going to go without because they can't afford Obama's version of affordable.

Obamacare. You don't get it, do you? Give it time, you will. I promise.

Including my friend's.

People are hurting because of the ACA. Losing insurance. Losing health care. Losing wages. Losing jobs. Anticipating tapping into their savings to pay for higher rates. Deciding not to seek care beyond the basics if they can avoid it because they can't afford the out of pocket. None of your deflection or cryptic answers changes the facts that as one group of people finally is able to purchase insurance, another is suffering. Obama's promises are broken.

If you are any sign then these people will not find relief. If Democrats won't even acknowledge the suffering, then these people are SOL.

Um, excuse [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION], but who the fuck are you to decide that something is "over priced"?

Furthermore, who the fuck is Obama or the Dumbocrats to "check and balance" any behavior in the private sector? Where exactly do they derive that power? Certainly not in the U.S. Constitution. And since that is the authority which governs the behavior of our federal government, I'd say you are pretty much screwed trying to answer this question.

Um, excuse [MENTION=35116]kidrocks[/MENTION], but who the fuck are you to decide that something is "over priced"?

Furthermore, who the fuck is Obama or the Dumbocrats to "check and balance" any behavior in the private sector? Where exactly do they derive that power? Certainly not in the U.S. Constitution. And since that is the authority which governs the behavior of our federal government, I'd say you are pretty much screwed trying to answer this question.

The bizarre thing is that kidrocks is talking as if he considers increased prices a fix for what he deems overpricing. Obama's check and balance for high prices is higher prices? WTH?

Policies which were affordable before have been cancelled or become unaffordable.

Last edited:

I don't know what is more appalling - the profound ignorance of this statement or the profound arrogance.

Obamacare has already been proven to make healthcare costs skyrocket (almost 200% increase in Georgia), to strip the American people of their liberties, and to cost tons of jobs for the American people. It's so bad, even the Dumbocrat who was the architect behind - Max Baucus - has called it a "train wreck" (direct quote there chief).

I don't know what is more appalling - the profound ignorance of this statement or the profound arrogance.

Obamacare has already been proven to make healthcare costs skyrocket (almost 200% increase in Georgia), to strip the American people of their liberties, and to cost tons of jobs for the American people. It's so bad, even the Dumbocrat who was the architect behind - Max Baucus - has called it a "train wreck" (direct quote there chief).

I don't think it's a given that he will. The denial in his statements so far sounds like his defenses might be impenetrable.

The bizarre thing is that kidrocks is talking as if he considers increased prices a fix for what he deems overpricing. Obama's check and balance for high prices is higher prices? WTH?

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

That's the problem with the immature and uneducated. They can be sold any bill of good by the Dumbocrats. I can't imagine the laughs the Dumbocrats have up on the hill over little obedient serf's like kidrocks here.

Furthermore, for Dumbocrats, Obamacare was never about costs. It was about getting someone else to pick up the tab for them. They are greedy, but they are also lazy. Which means they can't fill that greed themselves. They need someone else to do it for them.

I don't think it's a given that he will. The denial in his statements so far sounds like his defenses might be impenetrable.

Fidel Castro recently admitted that communism is a failure. If that hard core radical mother-fucker can finally see the light (albeit it took 60 years of severe poverty to do it), then even a buffoon like kidrocks here will realize it someday (granted, it will be after the nations producers are all gone and he has no one left to mooch off of).

So a program that hasn't even taken effect yet is a colossal detriment to our nation? Voters voted Obama back in office after Obamacare became law and sanctioned by the supreme court so I guess the voters didn't see your post on what a colosall failure this yet to be tried program is.

It's interesting how people who defend the ACA alternate between saying that it's already helping millions and it hasn't taken effect yet.

You mean other than the fact that it has cost millions of jobs already, cost millions of others to lose their health insurance in their jobs, and cost still millions of others to have their hours cut back? You mean other than the fact that Obama lies to the American people and said it would cost "$800 billion" when in fact he knew it would cost $2 trillion?

You mean other than those things? Gee, I don't know how anyone could determine it is a "colossal failure" other than those things.

It's interesting how people who defend the ACA alternate between saying that it's already helping millions and it hasn't taken effect yet.

You mean other than the fact that it has cost millions of jobs already, cost millions of others to lose their health insurance in their jobs, and cost still millions of others to have their hours cut back? You mean other than the fact that Obama lies to the American people and said it would cost "$800 billion" when in fact he knew it would cost $2 trillion?

You mean other than those things? Gee, I don't know how anyone could determine it is a "colossal failure" other than those things.

TBH, I don't know if the affected people have reached the millions yet. It might only be in the 100's of thousands. I don't want to exaggerate this. The reality is bad enough. By the time it's all over it could be in the millions.

(If you have seen estimates of millions already, I would like to see. I just know that I've only seen 100's of 1000's so far.)

Obama does not lie as much as you do... not even close! Liar! :eusa_liar:

Including my friend's.

People are hurting because of the ACA. Losing insurance. Losing health care. Losing wages. Losing jobs. Anticipating tapping into their savings to pay for higher rates. Deciding not to seek care beyond the basics if they can avoid it because they can't afford the out of pocket. None of your deflection or cryptic answers changes the facts that as one group of people finally is able to purchase insurance, another is suffering. Obama's promises are broken.

If you are any sign then these people will not find relief. If Democrats won't even acknowledge the suffering, then these people are SOL.
No they are not.

TBH, I don't know if the affected people have reached the millions yet. It might only be in the 100's of thousands. I don't want to exaggerate this. The reality is bad enough. By the time it's all over it could be in the millions.

(If you have seen estimates of millions already, I would like to see. I just know that I've only seen 100's of 1000's so far.)

If they've lost their insurance, it was the insurance company that refused to comply with the requirements of ACA. You saying you don't want to exaggerate this especially in discussion with Rot is downright laughable.

Which is more distasteful to you, not allowing big insurance to bankrupt you into oblivion when you have a loved one with a catastrophic illness or losing your insurance when you lose your job? You all are good ones for complaints regarding paying for a poor person to be treated and yet big insurance made you pay over and over again for everyone elses misfortune.

Affordable care was desperately needed. Whether you and Rot agree is of no consequence anymore. It is law and it is fair.

Forum List

Back