GOP lawmaker: Americans Should Rely On Jesus For Healthcare

Should Christians buy health insurance?

Here is a question:

The reason I ask this is because the statement that Jesus makes in Mark 11:24 is so simple:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
So is what he says in John 14:14:

If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Escaping Christian Fundamentalism Should Christians buy health insurance

No this isn't satire

'Gordon Klingenschmitt is excited about a recent Fox News poll that claims that 58 percent of Americans want to repeal Obamacare, declaring on his “Pray In Jesus Name” program recently that people ought to be relying on God for their healthcare.

Citing a passage from Exodus 15, Klingenschmitt asserted that God will protect people from disease so long as they obey His commands and said that Americans “ought to look to the Lord for our healthcare.”

GOP lawmaker Americans Should Rely On Jesus For Healthcare

Cunto, aka batshit spewing liberal drone, is a one note symPHONY of dull.

He finds one conservative or one Republican who says some silly shit, and he always tries to paint all of his opposing numbers with that same brush.

Cunto can't seem to grasp that if the intelligent folks (i.e., all of us who dispute his endless mindless liberal spew) did the same thing to him and his side (i.e., other mindless liberal hack drones) we could mock the frequent imbecile commentary of MANY Dumbocrap politicians and attrivute that kind of ignorance and vile snarky dishonesty to ALL liberals.

Cunto would cry, however.

Not that I'd enjoy mocking any mentally challenged Dumbocrap politician:

Just ask any CORPSE-MAN.

"Stand up," said Joe Biden to a wheel chair bound supporter!

He finds one conservative or one Republican who says some silly shit, and he always tries to paint all of his opposing numbers with that same brush.

thats because his mentor dean does that too...

Faith in Christ is the best cure in getting well.

How about this plan, everyone would receive health care at government expense just like what everyone receives in the counties with the highest quality health care systems. Christians and believers of other nutty absurdities would automatically be placed on the Prayer Care Plan. This plan would not cost the government (or anyone else) anything at all. When believers got sick, they would pray for recovery. It's really that simple.

This should be quite appealing to the large number of conservative Christians who oppose any step toward universal health care because it would save large sums of money. If they really believe in prayer, as they so often claim, then they would have nothing to worry about on the Prayer Care Plan. In fact, their health care should be better than that received by the rest of us!

You know as well as I do that Christians are not going to be lining up for such a plan. They are not interested in opting out of their current health insurance or failing to seek medical treatment. The question is why. The seemingly inescapable answer is that most Christians do not believe what they so often claim to believe.
wow....that was eye-opening....thanks....

3w1ej.gif

u8awa.gif

No this isn't satire

'Gordon Klingenschmitt is excited about a recent Fox News poll that claims that 58 percent of Americans want to repeal Obamacare, declaring on his “Pray In Jesus Name” program recently that people ought to be relying on God for their healthcare.

Citing a passage from Exodus 15, Klingenschmitt asserted that God will protect people from disease so long as they obey His commands and said that Americans “ought to look to the Lord for our healthcare.”

Cunto can't seem to grasp that if the intelligent folks (i.e., all of us who dispute his endless mindless liberal spew) did the same thing to him and his side (i.e., other mindless liberal hack drones) we could mock the frequent imbecile commentary of MANY Dumbocrap politicians and attrivute that kind of ignorance and vile snarky dishonesty to ALL liberals.

Just ask any CORPSE-MAN.

from a christian web site

Do Christians Need Insurance?

Reasons Why Insurance is Unscriptural :uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

Having insurance is contrary to at least four scriptural principles: Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Do not share a common purse with sinners. Be content with food and raiment. And, trust God to provide all your needs.

1. Insurance is an unequal yoke. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)

Scripture says, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers. . . . Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing."

With insurance, your funds are pooled together with those of unbelievers. You agree to let an insurance agent settle your disputes according to company policy, not according to the word of God. The insurance company may require that you participate in lawsuits, swearing of oaths, and other activities that Jesus speaks against.

"Come out of her (the world system), my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Revelation 18:4)

2. Forces common purse with sinners. (Proverbs 1:10-11, 14-15)

It is God's will to provide for the needs of His people through the local church, not from the common purse of the world's insurance schemes. God warned us through the Spirit-inspired wise man of long ago, "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. If they say, . . . Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:my son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path.

3. Promotes Discontent with necessities. (1 Samuel 2:7)

Both riches and poverty come from God, but many Christians go to great lengths to avert God's working in their life. They are in league with the insurers of this world system so that they will not have to risk doing without their possessions or risk paying on a settlement against them.

We need to have a healthy detachment from all the temporal things of this world. The apostle Paul said, "I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ. . . . I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." (Philippians 3:8; Philippians 4:11).

4. Fosters distrust in God.

God is in control of all events in the world from eternity past, to eternity future. He upholds "all things by the word of His power." (Hebrews 1:3) "In Him we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17:28) And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. (Colossians 1:17) "The righteous, and the wise and their works, are in the hand of God." (Ecclesiastes 9:1)

The Lord, in whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind, is the Sovereign One who controls the minutest details of our lives. (Job 12:10) "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9) "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil [calamity]: I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

Do Christians Need Insurance

Last edited:
That's a dumb thing to say. We should rely on 21st century medicine and r&d for a better tomorrow.

Some of the shit that comes from people really is sad.

We should also rely on standard market mechanisms to make health care affordable.
That worked great, allowing the highest costs in the world by basically 100%, 45k deaths a year, many uncovered with no preventive care. 2014 had the lowest cost rise ever, and many blue states that are cooperating with ACA are seeing insurance rates going DOWN next year. The GOP is a corrupt disgrace and you have a RW news blackout, dupe.
many blue states that are cooperating with ACA are seeing insurance rates going DOWN next year

mine is going up 110.00 a month Frankie....and im not getting anything more but im getting less coverage in some areas....

No this isn't satire

Just ask any CORPSE-MAN.

from a christian web site

Do Christians Need Insurance?

Reasons Why Insurance is Unscriptural :uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

Having insurance is contrary to at least four scriptural principles: Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Do not share a common purse with sinners. Be content with food and raiment. And, trust God to provide all your needs.

1. Insurance is an unequal yoke. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)

Scripture says, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers. . . . Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing."

With insurance, your funds are pooled together with those of unbelievers. You agree to let an insurance agent settle your disputes according to company policy, not according to the word of God. The insurance company may require that you participate in lawsuits, swearing of oaths, and other activities that Jesus speaks against.

"Come out of her (the world system), my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Revelation 18:4)

2. Forces common purse with sinners. (Proverbs 1:10-11, 14-15)

It is God's will to provide for the needs of His people through the local church, not from the common purse of the world's insurance schemes. God warned us through the Spirit-inspired wise man of long ago, "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. If they say, . . . Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:my son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path.

3. Promotes Discontent with necessities. (1 Samuel 2:7)

Both riches and poverty come from God, but many Christians go to great lengths to avert God's working in their life. They are in league with the insurers of this world system so that they will not have to risk doing without their possessions or risk paying on a settlement against them.

We need to have a healthy detachment from all the temporal things of this world. The apostle Paul said, "I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ. . . . I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." (Philippians 3:8; Philippians 4:11).

4. Fosters distrust in God.

God is in control of all events in the world from eternity past, to eternity future. He upholds "all things by the word of His power." (Hebrews 1:3) "In Him we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17:28) And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. (Colossians 1:17) "The righteous, and the wise and their works, are in the hand of God." (Ecclesiastes 9:1)

The Lord, in whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind, is the Sovereign One who controls the minutest details of our lives. (Job 12:10) "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9) "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil [calamity]: I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

for a guy who hates Christians you sure as hell do a lot of quoting from that phony book of theirs.....

No this isn't satire

Just ask any CORPSE-MAN.

Did ya ever notice that cunto and rderp never seem to be online together at the same time?

Medical Insurance

"If it is God's will for one of His own to use the services of a physician or hospital, then He will provide the money to pay them without borrowing and without insurance. But a Christian should always go to the Lord first. The Scriptures have a few things to say about this subject: "Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not the Lord, but to the physicians." (2 Chronicles 16:12)

Luke recorded the following incident: "A woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any." (Luke 8:43)It was only when she went to Jesus that she was healed.

God has provided a remedy for His people with health problems: "Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. . . . Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up. . . . Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed." (James 5:13-16)

It is not always God's will to heal our infirmities. The apostle Paul apparently had a problem with his eyes because of a messenger of Satan that was sent to buffet him to keep him from being proud. (2 Corinthians 12:7)

After Jesus refused to heal him, Paul said, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:7-9) And Timothy was told by Paul to use a little wine for his stomach and frequent infirmities. (1 Timothy 5:23) Another case in which God chose not to heal was that of Trophimus whom Paul left at Miletum sick. (2 Timothy 4:20)

Many Christians think they have a "right" to partake of the services offered by medical corporations. Again, if it is God's will for one of His own to spend thousands of dollars on hospital and doctor bills, He will provide the money without borrowing and without insurance." :cuckoo:

That's a dumb thing to say. We should rely on 21st century medicine and r&d for a better tomorrow.

Some of the shit that comes from people really is sad.

We should also rely on standard market mechanisms to make health care affordable.
That worked great, allowing the highest costs in the world by basically 100%, 45k deaths a year, many uncovered with no preventive care. 2014 had the lowest cost rise ever, and many blue states that are cooperating with ACA are seeing insurance rates going DOWN next year. The GOP is a corrupt disgrace and you have a RW news blackout, dupe.
many blue states that are cooperating with ACA are seeing insurance rates going DOWN next year

mine is going up 110.00 a month Frankie....and im not getting anything more but im getting less coverage in some areas....
None of which may be due to ACA, and that was the way things were going anyway, and I doubt you know some benefits, like free preventive tests, no chance of losing it when the PO finds out what you're really up to lol. Congrats on your successful career.

The OP is a lie. He is not a GOP lawmaker.
WHat else did anyone expect? Guano is just a big lying sack of shit.

Gordon James Klingenschmitt (born c. 1968) is a former American military chaplain, television host of PIJN News and politician. A Republican, he is the member-elect to the Colorado House of Representatives for the 15th district.
Someone needs to review what "member elect" means.

weaseling again?

The OP is a lie. He is not a GOP lawmaker.
WHat else did anyone expect? Guano is just a big lying sack of shit.

Gordon James Klingenschmitt (born c. 1968) is a former American military chaplain, television host of PIJN News and politician. A Republican, he is the member-elect to the Colorado House of Representatives for the 15th district.
Someone needs to review what "member elect" means.

weaseling again?
Is the man making law right now?
No.
It is a simple issue of definition. You are lying. That is not subject to debate. It is simply truth.

Forum List

Back