GOP Labor Shortage Solution: CHILDREN

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
646fc26123000059008faa09.jpeg

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Lawmakers in several states are embracing legislation to let children work in more hazardous occupations, for more hours on school nights and in expanded roles, including serving alcohol in bars and restaurants as young as 14.

The efforts to significantly roll back labor rules are largely led by Republican lawmakers to address worker shortages and, in some cases, run afoul of federal regulations.

Child welfare advocates worry the measures represent a coordinated push to scale back hard-won protections for minors.

“The consequences are potentially disastrous,” said Reid Maki, director of the Child Labor Coalition, which advocates against exploitative labor policies. “You can’t balance a perceived labor shortage on the backs of teen workers.”

Lawmakers proposed loosening child labor laws in at least 10 states over the past two years, according to a report published last month by the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute. Some bills became law, while others were withdrawn or vetoed.

Legislators in Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa are actively considering relaxing child labor laws to address worker shortages, which are driving up wages and contributing to inflation. Employers have struggled to fill open positions after a spike in retirements, deaths and illnesses from COVID-19, decreases in legal immigration and other factors.

The job market is one of the tightest since World War II, with the unemployment rate at 3.4% — the lowest in 54 years.

Much more at the link below...

Sounds sad to me! What do you think?

From the OP:

Twenty-four children died from work injuries in in 2021, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Around half of deadly work incidents happened on farms, according to a report from the Government Accountability Office covering child deaths between 2003 and 2016.

“More children die working in agriculture than in any other sector,” Wurth said. “Enforcement isn’t going to help much for child farm workers unless the standards improve.”

Job training is always good. People have to learn sometime how to bring home the bacon.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Lawmakers in several states are embracing legislation to let children work in more hazardous occupations, for more hours on school nights and in expanded roles, including serving alcohol in bars and restaurants as young as 14.

The efforts to significantly roll back labor rules are largely led by Republican lawmakers to address worker shortages and, in some cases, run afoul of federal regulations.

Child welfare advocates worry the measures represent a coordinated push to scale back hard-won protections for minors.

“The consequences are potentially disastrous,” said Reid Maki, director of the Child Labor Coalition, which advocates against exploitative labor policies. “You can’t balance a perceived labor shortage on the backs of teen workers.”

Lawmakers proposed loosening child labor laws in at least 10 states over the past two years, according to a report published last month by the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute. Some bills became law, while others were withdrawn or vetoed.

Legislators in Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa are actively considering relaxing child labor laws to address upworker shortages, which are driving up wages and contributing to inflation. Employers have struggled to fill open positions after a spike in retirements, deaths and illnesses from COVID-19, decreases in legal immigration and other factors.

The job market is one of the tightest since World War II, with the unemployment rate at 3.4% — the lowest in 54 years.

This is absolute BULLSHIT. Mods take this crap down, some smear piece from HuffPo does not belong upstairs.

Legislators in Wisconsin, Ohio and Iowa are actively considering relaxing child labor laws to address worker shortages, which are driving up wages and contributing to inflation. Employers have struggled to fill open positions after a spike in retirements, deaths and illnesses from COVID-19, decreases in legal immigration and other factors.

The HuffingPaintPost? :laughing0301:

From the OP:

Twenty-four children died from work injuries in in 2021, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Around half of deadly work incidents happened on farms, according to a report from the Government Accountability Office covering child deaths between 2003 and 2016.

“More children die working in agriculture than in any other sector,” Wurth said. “Enforcement isn’t going to help much for child farm workers unless the standards improve.”

Children?
Just how old were these children?
And why didnt you link your findings?

Oh look a

huff n puff.jpg

article.

Maybe you can speak to this then:

Kids under 16 need to work when they are out of school, it builds character, goals, and a sense of responsibility.

Are you trying to say the Left cares about children? They exploit children.

Oh look a

View attachment 788813

article.

Kids under 16 need to work when they are out of school, it builds character, goals, and a sense of responsibility.
You also know where they are.

Yea, we don’t want teenagers to work and learn some trades. We want them all to grow up to be useless twats that collect welfare.

Oh look a

View attachment 788813

article.

When I was 16, I spent the summer working for The California Department of Forestry fighting fires.

No doubt that girl in the picture was an immigrant, snapped up by a Democrat labor broker and sent to work instead of given a chance to be educated.

What is happening on our border used to happen on Ellis Island, enabled by the same political party.

I lied about my age at fifteen to fry chicken and french fries in a vat of oil that would have turned my hand into a useless mass of scars if I made a single slip-up. Didn't do me any harm, and I had a truck by the time I was old enough to get a license.

I think you’re a libtarded bot.

When I was 16, I spent the summer working for The California Department of Forestry fighting fires.
I worked odd jobs I could handle when I was 12. At 13 I was earning a weekly paycheck at a local eatery. Back then the parents just had to sign off on it.

I saved my money and that got me through the leaner school months when I could only put in a few hours on weekends.....School work first.

LOL.....My mom always said I was the cheapest kid to raise because I never asked for anything.

Forum List

Back