GOP is Courting Gov. Christie

Seems you have an issue with the Mormons?
I really doubt that Christies weight will be the factor with him not winning if he decides to run.

Actually, I hate to say it, but in this celebrity driven world, it might be an issue, if subconsciously.

If unemployment is still high and the economy is anemic, people will overlook the weight issue.

I hope so. But if the medium is the message, an overweight guy preaching discipline may distort his message.

I just saw Christie with his suit jacket off. The contrast of his white shirt and dark colored pants was a very bad visual. His belt looked like the equator circling the earth. He won't win and neither will a Mormon like Romney. Presidential politics is what it is.

I really doubt that Christies weight will be the factor with him not winning if he decides to run.

Actually, I hate to say it, but in this celebrity driven world, it might be an issue, if subconsciously.

Well...should I...Yeah...it's been a couple days...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0"]CULT OF PERSONALITY[/ame]

Christie is a bully for not letting the Unions bankrupt the state LOL

Let's have that debate...oh wait, we're already having it, that's why we have the Tea Party and why the Dems are losing

If unemployment is still high and the economy is anemic, people will overlook the weight issue.

Christie makes Obama look like a light-weight. In every respect.

Let's have that debate...oh wait, we're already having it, that's why we have the Tea Party and why the Dems are losing

Same as Governor Walker of Wisconsin...a BULLY for wanting to be fiscally responsible to the people...Governor Scott Of Florida...Same thing...

The Statists can't stand it.

The minute it appears he's even considering it, the media jackals will start spewing and endless river of sleaze at him.

The already tried it with that petty crap about his expenses when he was a U.S. attorney.

I just saw Christie with his suit jacket off. The contrast of his white shirt and dark colored pants was a very bad visual. His belt looked like the equator circling the earth. He won't win and neither will a Mormon like Romney. Presidential politics is what it is.

Real Americans love underdogs............his weight will be an advantage like Obama's color was an advantage.

Lets face it..........the lefty k00ks are shitting thinking about Christie getting in the race because the Messiah is hanging by a thread. Not quite what they envisioned just 2 short years ago..........:boobies::fu:

Tea Party and Democrat party approval ratings are about the same.

fivethirtyeight-330-teaparty-blog480.png

Poll Shows More Americans Have Unfavorable Views Tea Party - NYTimes.com

Same as Governor Walker of Wisconsin...a BULLY for wanting to be fiscally responsible to the people...Governor Scott Of Florida...Same thing...

Rick Scott's approval ratings plummet.

A group called Public Policy Polling recently asked 500 Florida voters whether they approved or disapproved of the governor’s performance.

And so, three months into Gov. Rick Scott’s term, we now have numbers to confirm what people on Internet forums and in baseball stadiums already know: Floridian’s don’t much care for Scott’s gut-education/attack-workers/slash-and-burn strategy.

More than half of those polled – 52 percent – disapprove of Scott’s performance. While less than a third — 32 percent — approve.

Even among Republicans, only 57 percent approve of how Scott is doing his job. Less than half — 48 percent — of those who characterize themselves as “somewhat conservative” approve. And among “moderates,” a whopping 72 percent disapproved.

Three months ago, only 60 percent of Democratic voters disapproved of the new governor. Now that number is 81 percent.

Rick Scott’s Approval Ratings Plummet | Florida Center for Investigative Reporting

It took Gov. Rick Scott just three months to amass some of the worst approval ratings for any elected official in Florida over the last 10 years.

After just three full months on the job, about 48 percent of Floridians polled said they disapprove of the way the new governor is doing his job, according to a new poll released by the Quinnipiac Polling Institute in Connecticut.

And just 35 percent of the 1,499 people polled said they approve of the job Scott, a Republican, is doing.

“Today, Scott is a four-letter word to many Florida voters, but political popularity can change with time,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant polling director for the Quinnipiac Polling Institute.

To understand just how bad those numbers are, consider that Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist, Bill Nelson, Mel Martinez, Bill McCollum and Alex Sink never had more than 44 percent disapprove of their job performances.

During the toughest stretch in Gov. Jeb Bush’s tenure, his disapproval rating never got past 44 percent, and his approval ratings never dipped below 45 percent in Quinnipiac Polling.

The contrast with Charlie Crist is even more stark. Crist never had his disapproval rating get beyond 43 percent, despite near record unemployment through most of his final two years in office. And his approval rating never slipped below 50 percent during his four years in office.

Even Sen. Mel Martinez, a Republican, who many thought had no chance at re-election because of his low approval ratings in the face of his proposed immigration reform legislation, never saw them drop below 40 percent.

Brown said the good news for Scott is that it is very early in his tenure and public opinion can change fast. He pointed out that Crist once had an approval rating of 70 percent.

Rick Scott

A group called Public Policy Polling recently asked 500 Florida voters whether they approved or disapproved of the governor’s performance.

And so, three months into Gov. Rick Scott’s term, we now have numbers to confirm what people on Internet forums and in baseball stadiums already know: Floridian’s don’t much care for Scott’s gut-education/attack-workers/slash-and-burn strategy.

More than half of those polled – 52 percent – disapprove of Scott’s performance. While less than a third — 32 percent — approve.

Even among Republicans, only 57 percent approve of how Scott is doing his job. Less than half — 48 percent — of those who characterize themselves as “somewhat conservative” approve. And among “moderates,” a whopping 72 percent disapproved.

Three months ago, only 60 percent of Democratic voters disapproved of the new governor. Now that number is 81 percent.

Rick Scott’s Approval Ratings Plummet*|*Florida Center for Investigative Reporting

It took Gov. Rick Scott just three months to amass some of the worst approval ratings for any elected official in Florida over the last 10 years.

After just three full months on the job, about 48 percent of Floridians polled said they disapprove of the way the new governor is doing his job, according to a new poll released by the Quinnipiac Polling Institute in Connecticut.

And just 35 percent of the 1,499 people polled said they approve of the job Scott, a Republican, is doing.

“Today, Scott is a four-letter word to many Florida voters, but political popularity can change with time,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant polling director for the Quinnipiac Polling Institute.

To understand just how bad those numbers are, consider that Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist, Bill Nelson, Mel Martinez, Bill McCollum and Alex Sink never had more than 44 percent disapprove of their job performances.

During the toughest stretch in Gov. Jeb Bush’s tenure, his disapproval rating never got past 44 percent, and his approval ratings never dipped below 45 percent in Quinnipiac Polling.

The contrast with Charlie Crist is even more stark. Crist never had his disapproval rating get beyond 43 percent, despite near record unemployment through most of his final two years in office. And his approval rating never slipped below 50 percent during his four years in office.

Even Sen. Mel Martinez, a Republican, who many thought had no chance at re-election because of his low approval ratings in the face of his proposed immigration reform legislation, never saw them drop below 40 percent.

Brown said the good news for Scott is that it is very early in his tenure and public opinion can change fast. He pointed out that Crist once had an approval rating of 70 percent.

Rick Scott

Of course they plummet. I would expect nothing less. Hard choices and tough cuts upset our me, me, me society.

Same thing happened with Daniels in Indiana. His popularity landed in the crapper. Guess what? What he did worked and his ratings went way up and he won another term no problem.

I expect the same will happen with Rick Scott. If what he does works he will be re-elected. If not. He won't.

As for Barry?? 2012 will depend on the economy. If its drastically improved OL'BO will be re-elected. If not then he will be a one termer.

Christie?? I think its a moot point since he's already stated he won't be running in 2012. 2016?? Now thats another chapter.

Tea Party and Democrat party approval ratings are about the same.

fivethirtyeight-330-teaparty-blog480.png

Poll Shows More Americans Have Unfavorable Views Tea Party - NYTimes.com

Pretty sure every election since 09 tells a totally different story, but you have you chart.

That's right. And all those polls in 09 & 10 that had the Dems tanking were all dead wrong too.

Rick Scott’s Approval Ratings Plummet*|*Florida Center for Investigative Reporting

Rick Scott

Of course they plummet. I would expect nothing less. Hard choices and tough cuts upset our me, me, me society.

Same thing happened with Daniels in Indiana. His popularity landed in the crapper. Guess what? What he did worked and his ratings went way up and he won another term no problem.

I expect the same will happen with Rick Scott. If what he does works he will be re-elected. If not. He won't.

As for Barry?? 2012 will depend on the economy. If its drastically improved OL'BO will be re-elected. If not then he will be a one termer.

Christie?? I think its a moot point since he's already stated he won't be running in 2012. 2016?? Now thats another chapter.

Sure. It's early. If the economies in 2014 are doing well, then the governors have a good chance of being reelected. But the popularity of the Tea Party has declined significantly. So people aren't running into the arms of the Tea Party.

Here in Florida, Scott got a fraction of what he wanted. That's because the Republican legislature read the polls as well. It's interesting because many in the Republican legislature - despite what they may say in public -view Scott and the Tea Party as being a little "out there." So the Republican legislature is posturing itself as bring the moderates in touch with the average Florida voter with the extremists in the Tea Party and the governor on the Right and the out of touch liberal Democrats on the Left.

actually. what "upsets" people are extremists who hate government. most people like their government in the areas in which it works well... and don't want to see the budget balanced on the backs of the middle class.

perhaps if they didn't voluntarily cut income to the govt and then cry poverty?

or talk about jobs at election time and then start on a rabid social conservative agenda the minute they get elected???

people understand "hard choices". they don't like irrational idealogues... of any stripe.

LOL...Christie?!? Christie couldn't even beat President Obama in his own state...

Poll: President Obama Tops Gov. Christie In New Jersey

Keep scraping that barrel Repugs...

You realize your link does not support your statement, right?

How do you figure?

A Quinnipiac University Poll out Wednesday finds that six out of 10 residents don’t believe Christie when he says he could beat President Obama.

Christie also trails Obama on a question that combines job approval and likeability. About 46 percent say they like Obama and his policies, while 38 percent say the same about Christie.

Presidential candidate Christie, were that event to occur, would lose his own state to President Obama. :lol:

LOL...Christie?!? Christie couldn't even beat President Obama in his own state...

Poll: President Obama Tops Gov. Christie In New Jersey

Keep scraping that barrel Repugs...

You realize your link does not support your statement, right?

How do you figure?

A Quinnipiac University Poll out Wednesday finds that six out of 10 residents don’t believe Christie when he says he could beat President Obama.

Christie also trails Obama on a question that combines job approval and likeability. About 46 percent say they like Obama and his policies, while 38 percent say the same about Christie.

Presidential candidate Christie, were that event to occur, would lose his own state to President Obama. :lol:

Right, that doesn't support your statement. You see that now, right?

Forum List

Back