GOP is Courting Gov. Christie

Branstad: Christie is ‘rock star’ | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

<excerpt>
Gov. Terry Branstad said today that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is “a rock star.” And, by the way, it’s too early to judge the GOP 2012 presidential field, he said.

He was asked to comment on the news from the Associated Press that some Iowa Republicans are courting Christie, possibly indicating some dissatisfaction with the current crop of candidates.

No let Christie do his thing in NJ, he is turning that state around. Let Herman Cain keep speaking, he will win the hearts and minds of the American people and be the a very successful AMERICAN president!

Of course they plummet. I would expect nothing less. Hard choices and tough cuts upset our me, me, me society.

Same thing happened with Daniels in Indiana. His popularity landed in the crapper. Guess what? What he did worked and his ratings went way up and he won another term no problem.

I expect the same will happen with Rick Scott. If what he does works he will be re-elected. If not. He won't.

As for Barry?? 2012 will depend on the economy. If its drastically improved OL'BO will be re-elected. If not then he will be a one termer.

Christie?? I think its a moot point since he's already stated he won't be running in 2012. 2016?? Now thats another chapter.

Sure. It's early. If the economies in 2014 are doing well, then the governors have a good chance of being reelected. But the popularity of the Tea Party has declined significantly. So people aren't running into the arms of the Tea Party.

Here in Florida, Scott got a fraction of what he wanted. That's because the Republican legislature read the polls as well. It's interesting because many in the Republican legislature - despite what they may say in public -view Scott and the Tea Party as being a little "out there." So the Republican legislature is posturing itself as bring the moderates in touch with the average Florida voter with the extremists in the Tea Party and the governor on the Right and the out of touch liberal Democrats on the Left.

Yo Toro. Where are you in Florida?? I'm in Melbourne. Lived here off and on since the 60's. I also lived 20 plus years in Northern NH almost on the Canadian border.

As for the TPer's. I've attended a couple and met some real nice folks of every party. I can't say that I met any radicals but just nice folks who are sick of the spending in DC.

I voted for Scott and so far I don't regret the vote. Will just have to wait and see if he can make any real changes for the better here in Florida.

Last edited:
Christie would be an interesting candidate.

He's a safe candidate to run..no doubt.

Moderate, doesn't really have much of a shot of winning..so either way it's a win for Republicans.

If he loses..it shows they are moving more to the center.

If he wins..well heck..happy day..no one expected that anyway.

Whats really unfortunate is not being able to get the Dem's to move to the center from the extreme left positions we find them in now.

Christie is a bully for not letting the Unions bankrupt the state LOL

Let's have that debate...oh wait, we're already having it, that's why we have the Tea Party and why the Dems are losing

Tea Party and Democrat party approval ratings are about the same.

fivethirtyeight-330-teaparty-blog480.png

Poll Shows More Americans Have Unfavorable Views Tea Party - NYTimes.com

Pretty sure every election since 09 tells a totally different story, but you have you chart.

Tea party candidates cost the GOP a chance to win the Senate, so no, the 2010 election doesn't tell a different story.

<excerpt>
Gov. Terry Branstad said today that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is “a rock star.” And, by the way, it’s too early to judge the GOP 2012 presidential field, he said.

He was asked to comment on the news from the Associated Press that some Iowa Republicans are courting Christie, possibly indicating some dissatisfaction with the current crop of candidates.

No let Christie do his thing in NJ, he is turning that state around. Let Herman Cain keep speaking, he will win the hearts and minds of the American people and be the a very successful AMERICAN president!

The Left won't vote for him because he's black.

I won't vote for him because he has no experience in government, and if Obama has taught anything it is that experience matters.

Pretty sure every election since 09 tells a totally different story, but you have you chart.

Tea party candidates cost the GOP a chance to win the Senate, so no, the 2010 election doesn't tell a different story.

What?? Did they serve up Green tea instead of rose Tea?

Yeah......we really need a President who's one ham away from a heart-attack.​

fat_man.jpg

:cuckoo:

tricycle.gif

Grow UP Shaman

I remember when the right wing was going nuts calling Surgeon General Regina Benjamin fat. The endless jokes. Well, she looks "weigh" less to me than Christie. Why doesn't the right wing ever "think ahead". The endless finger pointing followed up by the endless whining about "It's not fair"?
Exactly.....

cry_baby.jpg

Christie would be an interesting candidate.

Expect to see negative stories on this site about Christie, esp from Juniorbert. Maybe a re-hash of the charge that he charged motel rooms when he was a prosecutor.

The minute it appears he's even considering it, the media jackals will start spewing and endless river of sleaze at him.
Gee.....imagine that.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPJOQhXrak]YouTube - Racist McCain Supporter On The News Obama in Noose[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fieGfc6DL7k]YouTube - Racist McCain Supporters in Pottsville, Pennsylvania[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b5QeYV2d6s]YouTube - McCain/Palin supporters let their racist roots show[/ame]​

I will say it once more:

Starting with the NJ & VA Governorships, since the American people realized that Obama was not the clean, articulate fiscally Conservative Moderate he pretended to be, Democrats have not won a single election.

You lost the Kennedy Seat to a Republican.

And since then, Americans have been really loving the Republicans. The town halls prove that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfegLR6YxQg]YouTube - Paul Ryan Booed By Seniors At Town Hall Meeting in Milton, Wisconsin 4-2011[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

You keep riding that horse, Bucko, and we'll keep winning elections.

<excerpt>

Why would they want to court Christie???

Perhaps the media is trying to make the current crop appear less then competent or satisfactory, which is not the case.

Imagine the thought that every single one of the GOP candidates couldn't possibly be more qualified then a guy who's only leadership experience was causing trouble as a community organizer.

It's a pretty sad attempt to shape the political landscape.

Seems Obama still doesn't have any confidence in his chances unless he keeps pulling these little tricks.

I'd also disagree. The Tea Party was a net benefit to the GOP in 10. They may have cost them Senate seats in DE and NV but no way does the GOP when as many seats in the House without them.

I'd also disagree. The Tea Party was a net benefit to the GOP in 10. They may have cost them Senate seats in DE and NV but no way does the GOP when as many seats in the House without them.

From my point of view, we get to run against Reid, ObamaCare and Statism all over again, so I don't mind losing the one Senate seat that made no real difference anyway

I meant to say win as many seats.

Well, that and the fact that he is doing a horrible job in Jersey...other than that, he is perfect for your side....lol

You being a liberal, I have no doubt about what your opinion is about him. :lol:

YouTube - N.J. Bully Gov. Christie - Approval Rating Plummets

teehee
You're so sure because some dopey poll tells you so..
Ok...Tell ya what, if Christie is re-elected governor of NJ, you must not post any liberal idea or left wing opinion for as long as Christie holds office.
Polls are for the uninfomed and the lazy. People too friggin stupid to do their own thinking.

You libs stick with that cocky overconfident attitude. Good. Obaam will keep screwing up.
Today that genius goes to El Paso to talk to the illegals about amnesty. Obama's people are going after the Illegal alien vote. He really thinks these law breaking Latinos will vote him into office.
Obama is doing this because he knows his base is crumbling. He has borken every promise made to the far left wing of the democrat party. That is why he abandoning the one voting bloc that got him elected in 2008 ( white moderate suburbanites) because he knows they are thorugh with him. So is going after the Hispanic vote.
You guys keep it up. Go ahead.
As long as the economy stays in the shitter, gas stays above $3.50 per gallon and unemployment stays at 9% or worse, Obama will be blamed right into writing his memoirs.
Just think of this you spineless hypocritical leftists, with Obamacare the GOP is going to be in charge of your medical insurance.
That's rich....

Forum List

Back