GOP Establishment Braces for Trump

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This article from BuzzFeed shows just how much House and Senate leaders are concerned about Trump and his position as the party's presidential nominee. Seems they think it's a foregone conclusion that Shrillary's already all washed up and The Donald just might end up in the White House.

If Trump or Cruz end up being the nominee, what will it do to House and Senate races? Interesting to think about. I personally wonder if my own representative would support or shy away from either.

Read more @ Congressional GOP Tries To Build A Policy Shield Against Trump

Exclusive: RNC member urges party to rally against Trump @ Exclusive: RNC member urges party to rally against Trump

CYwAfmBW8AAJd-P.jpg

A Trump nomination might work to the GOP's advantage as part of some sort of triangulation strategy: Repubs, Dems and Trump all putting a check on each other.

This article from BuzzFeed shows just how much House and Senate leaders are concerned about Trump and his position as the party's presidential nominee. Seems they think it's a foregone conclusion that Shrillary's already all washed up and The Donald just might end up in the White House.

If Trump or Cruz end up being the nominee, what will it do to House and Senate races? Interesting to think about. I personally wonder if my own representative would support or shy away from either.

Read more @ Congressional GOP Tries To Build A Policy Shield Against Trump

Exclusive: RNC member urges party to rally against Trump @ Exclusive: RNC member urges party to rally against Trump

CYwAfmBW8AAJd-P.jpg
I don't think that article factors in that Bernie doesn't do well with blacks, and Hillary will deploy Bill. So, I think Hillary's still the odds on choice for the nomination. Hillary will win Tex and Calif, as well as all of the south, with the possible exception of Fla ... because of the jewish vote there, but there are also a lot of black voters.

I continue to have hope that the vast maj of Americans will reject a campaign of fear and nativism. It hasn't worked in over 200 years, and that trend hopefully will continue regardless of who runs in opposition to it. I'd probably vote for W if he were the option. LOL

Here's the thing.

Cruz was never going to win New York. Not in the primaries, not in the general.

So he can use New York as a punching bag to score points with the electorate in other states. The more pissed off New York reacts to him, the more points he scores with the hicks.

It's a brilliant tactic.

When asked to explain his comments, Cruz initially insisted, “People in South Carolina know what New York values are.”

Cruz makes the values sound sinister. But he hasn’t specified what he actually means. All he’s said is that New York values are “not Iowa values” and “not New Hampshire values”
What’s wrong with ‘New York values’? Cruz’s charge against Trump misplaced

Last edited:

Here's the thing.

So he can use New York as a punching bag to score points with the electorate in other states. The more pissed off New York reacts to him, the more points he scores with the hicks.

It's a brilliant tactic.

I like the guy, but he got his ass handed to him on this issue.

hate to break it to all of you Trump fans, but when it boils down to him being able to do everything he says he's going to do, guess what ?

There's this checks and balance thingie called Congress .. unless he writes an EO on EVERY piece of legislation he has on his CAMPAIGN mind he wont get much of anything done if congress doesn't want him to ...

reality is a bitch.

hate to break it to all of you Trump fans, but when it boils down to him being able to do everything he says he's going to do, guess what ?

There's this checks and balance thingie called Congress .. unless he writes an EO on EVERY piece of legislation he has on his CAMPAIGN mind he wont get much of anything done if congress doesn't want him to ...

reality is a bitch.
Trump would create a bipartisan spirit in the senate if not in congress. LOL

Here's the thing.

It's a brilliant tactic.

Nope. It was a comment for the consumption of the people of Iowa. I'm sure Iowans sneered with derision at the idea of "New York values".

Look at the important primary states he named when asked to elaborate:

When asked to explain his comments, Cruz initially insisted, “People in South Carolina know what New York values are.”
Cruz makes the values sound sinister. But he hasn’t specified what he actually means. All he’s said is that New York values are “not Iowa values” and “not New Hampshire values”.

I watched it live . I took Cruz as being anti Semitic. Total dog whistle "you know what I mean" bullshit .

Here's the thing.

It's a brilliant tactic.

Nope. It was a comment for the consumption of the people of Iowa. I'm sure Iowans sneered with derision at the idea of "New York values".

Look at the important primary states he named when asked to elaborate:

Cruz makes the values sound sinister. But he hasn’t specified what he actually means. All he’s said is that New York values are “not
Iowa values” and “not New Hampshire values”.

Trump was stumping to the country, Rafael was aiming at the bible thumpers in Iowa. They could smell the sin boiling off NYC.

"New York Values™"

Cruz should circulate the following:

Here is New York's Donald Trump with his version of some vestal virgins and a high priest:

29cm2co.jpg

Forum List

Back