GOP could care less about jobs!

I'm guessing most Americans would like to pay into the government, who operates Medicare at about a 3% overhead, as opposed to a for profit whose CEO makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

Well in 2010 there was no guessing. The voters ousted those who supported Obamacare in favor of harder conservatives.
I doubt many Americans would want to pay into the fraud-riven waste called Medicare. Fewer will want to be enrolled in a system that reimburses doctors at such low rates many doctors will not accept them.

Actually, a large number of Obama supporters DID NOT VOTE in 2010 as protest over his many capitulations to the neocon/teabagger agenda. They are now paying the price with the likes of Gov. Walker and his counter parts in Michigan and New Jersey.

Medicare can be fixed and rid of fraud....the alternative is paying much HIGHER rates to competing private industries....and we all know how well that worked out with the proto-type HMO's! :doubt:

I know that the far left "line" is that people didn't support Democrats in the midterms because Obama's "capitulations" to the teabaggers turned them off but if you look at the poll numbers it's obvious that the voting block that Obama lost wasn't the far left but the independents and they didn't vote Republican because Obama wasn't liberal enough...they voted that way because they didn't like having Obamacare shoved down their throats nor the threatened Cap & Trade and Card Check. Face it...Obama took the country too far to the left when he let Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid run the show. That wasn't what the country elected him to do. They thought they were electing "Hope and Change" but instead they got "Nancy and Harry".

As for the "fixing" of Medicare? Wasn't that something Obama promised he would do to pay for Obamacare? Eliminating waste and fraud in Medicare? Has anyone heard a peep about any savings from the elimination of waste and fraud since Obamacare was passed because I sure haven't. That was just one more empty promise by a man who has a habit of promising the world if you'll give him money to spend on his pet entitlements but then never delivers.

Notice folks, that this Oldstyle bullshit artist COULD NOT deal with my point-for-point counter in the previous response, so instead he just parrot squawks the neocon/teabagger mantra.

Bottom line: only a complete neocon/teabagger jackass would claim that a candidate debate that was NOT held on national commerical television or radio was more important than the President addressing a joint session of Congress on the dire economic issues of our time.... an address that the very same GOP clamored for months for.
:doubt:

Well, they got their way, and Obama has put them in check.....hence Cantor and Boehner adopting a more concillatory mode, because no way can they explain to the American that the GI bill was a bad thing, or how taxing everyone who can't afford millionaire tax loopholes and breaks is a good thing.

Boehner and crew don't give a shit about Oldstyle lap dogs too proud and stubborn to acknowledge they're being sold down the river. Now let's see if Obama's plan will be up to snuff and whether he'll have the stones to draw the line in the sand for the neocon/teabagger.

And only a naive fool would think that the choice of that particular night by the Obama Administration was accidental.

It's was the first night when everyone was back from vacation, and only prefunctory actions of no consequence were taking place. The GOP had been screaming for such an address for months, and when they get it, they blow it off and bitch about it? :confused:

Only a complete fool or willfully ignorant partisan toadie would view the GOP's actions as anything but hypocritical.

As for the address itself? I'm sorry but you don't convene a Joint Session of Congress to try and get another half a trillion version of the same trillion dollar stimulus that didn't work last time. Really? Because given that the prior stimulus BAILED OUT OUR BANKING SYSTEM and THE AUTO INDUSTRY, ESSENTIALLY SAVING THIS COUNTRY'S ASS, I would dare say that you are either a stubborn partisan hack or just plain ignorant as to what's going on around you. That "jobs plan" wasn't worthy of a White House briefing. Says who? YOU? :lol: Your opinion and a metro card will only get you on the bus, Rabbi. Given that Boehner, Cantor and even DeMint are changing their tunes to more acquiesent tells a different tale. Obama doesn't HAVE a plan...he has a repeat of a failed plan. Fascinating bit of clairvoyance on your part, Rabbi..as the details will be delivered next week. :doubt: And that whole line about how this new stimulus is "paid for"? That's laughable. Even with general descriptions, he gave more details than the Shrub & company did with their prescription drug plan or when they kept 2 wars off the main budget. It's only paid for when you show where the money will be coming from. Which is coming next week....or weren't you paying attention? Barry didn't do that. He passed the buck to the super committee and says that THEY will figure out how to come up with those cuts at the same time they are figuring out the cuts for the debt ceiling compromise. THAT is the most irresponsible bit of leadership I've ever seen.

Newsflash for ya, bunky....YOUR LORD & MASTERS IN THE GOP SIGNED OFF ON THE SUPER COMMITTEE. And again, since the details of the plan isn't available until next week, all your bluff and bluster is just that.

You want to know why we're in big trouble? Look no further than how Barack Obama is handling this. We need leadership...we got a repeat of failed policy and a refusal to make the tough calls on how we pay for what he's proposing. We WAITED WEEKS for that joke of a plan? Seriously? If I was someone that was unemployed and desperate for a job and I saw the dog and pony show that took place in the Capital building last night I would have been throwing something through my TV screen.

Ahhh, the Rabbi is parroting the SOS....no matter what Obama does, it's not working...even when he agrees with and implements GOP ideas. Bottom line: the Rabbi thinks his personal BS, supposition and conjecture makes up for facts and logic.....but the change in attitude from the GOP leadership after Obama's speech indicates that the Rabbi is just full of it as usual.

As I said, next week will tell the tale as to whether Obama's plan can pan out and if it does, will he draw the line in the sand.

I hate to break this to you, Sparky...but the stimulus didn't bail out the banking or the auto industries...that was TARP. Nice try though. No wonder you don't understand why this latest stimulus won't work just like the last one didn't work....you don't even know what the last stimulus DID.

As for the date of Obama's speech to Congress? I'm amused that you think there was any rush to deliver THAT jobs plan. Like I said before..."Stimulus Lite" didn't deserve a White House press conference. Giving that speech in front of a Joint Session of Congress was farce of the highest order.

Last edited:
Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

Interesting how this buffoon keeps making these claims, but has YET to provide a link to the very pages of the sources she mentions that corroborates her assertions.

Bottom line: yet another intellectually dishonest neocon/teabagger who prefers their supposition and conjecture over facts and the logic derived from them.
Yet you provide ANY proof or lack of?

Oh no you didn't....

Do the research yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to the Poverty Guidelines and Poverty

I am kind enough to include a definition and a quote for you as well, since it appears that one is sorely lacking.
buffoon - Definition of buffoon at YourDictionary.com

•A man so various that he seemed to be Not one, but all mankind's epitome. Stiff in opinions, always in the wrong; Was everything by starts, and nothing long: But, in the course of one revolving moon, Was chemist, fiddler, statesman, and buffoon.
-Dryden, John

Notice I responded without calling you names? Betcha' can't do that yourself!

In the meantime, here's a hat for you to wear.

Your welcome!!

Attachments

• $buffoon hat.gif
    $buffoon hat.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
:confused: Maybe this neocon/teabagger toadie was asleep during all those filibusters and stone walling tactics by the GOP for the last 3 years?

And since when does a fucking debate for candidacy (one of many) is SO much more important than a President presenting an economic plan to a joint session of Congress in the midst of a near depression state?

People like Full-Auto are shooting blanks mentally (as ususal). Boehner's bullshit further demonstrates he and his party don't give a damn about this country beyond the corporations and the 1-3% wealthy....but fools like Full-Auto just drape themselves over the nearest armchair and beg for another. Sad.

Oh really? Democrats couldn't get anything done because of Republican fillibuster tactics? Can you explain how Obama's Health Care Reform Bill passed a FILLIBUSTER PROOF vote of 60-39 in the senate on December 24, 2009 with all Republicans voting against? Maybe you need to do just a little more research next time.

Source:
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First off, please become aware of a long known FACT that wikipedia is NOT a reliable source of information, as ANYONE can access it and CHANGE/EDIT the information contained without the burden of valid documentation.

Secondly, I never said that they couldn't get anything done, but

Oh really??

:confused: Maybe this neocon/teabagger toadie was asleep during all those filibusters and stone walling tactics by the GOP for the last 3 years?

Looks like just tried to sell the lie that Democrats couldn't get anything done (with repect to an economic plan for jobs) because of Republican "filibusters" during the last 3 years, while Democrats held a majority in the Senate during a vast majority of that time.

Did you happen to overlook this small piece of information below? . . .

Franken Gives Democrats Filibuster-Proof Vote

Written by Thomas R. Eddlem
Wednesday, 01 July 2009 15:00
It’s not funny, but former Saturday Night Live comedian Al Franken is officially the new senator from Minnesota. Franken was recently declared the winner in the long-contested Senate race by a mere 312 votes over incumbent liberal Republican Norman Coleman. Franken will become the 60th Democrat in the United States Senate, which will give congressional Democrats a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

source: Franken Gives Democrats Filibuster-Proof Vote

Just this once, I'll show you how to do proper research. Here's how the Health Care Reform Bill got passed...note the independents who helped get that vote as well.

. . . . and how exactly does THIS change my previous statement?

Can you explain how Obama's Health Care Reform Bill passed a FILLIBUSTER PROOF vote of 60-39 in the senate on December 24, 2009 with all Republicans voting against? Maybe you need to do just a little more research next time.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 111th Congress - 1st Session

Vote Summary

Question: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3590 as Amended )
December 24, 2009, 07:05 AM

Measure Number: H.R. 3590 (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act )

Vote Counts: YEAs 60
NAYs 39

Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---60
Akaka (D-HI) . . . . . Baucus(D-MT) . . . . . Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK) . . . . .Bennet (D-CO) . . . . Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA) . . . . . Brown (D-OH) . . . . . Burris (D-IL)
Byrd (D-WV) . . . . . .Cantwell (D-WA) . . . Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE) . . . . .Casey (D-PA) . . . . . .Conrad (D-ND)
Dodd (D-CT) . . . . . . Dorgan (D-ND) . . . . Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI) . . . .Feinstein (D-CA) . . . Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY) . . .Hagan (D-NC) . . . . . Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI) . . . . .Johnson (D-SD) . . . . Kaufman (D-DE)
Kerry (D-MA) . . . . . .Kirk (D-MA) . . . . . . .Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI) . . . . . . .Landrieu (D-LA) . . . .Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT) . . . . . . Levin (D-MI) . . . . . .Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR) . . . . . McCaskill (D-MO) . . .Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR) . . . . .Mikulski (D-MD) . . . .Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL) . . . . . .Nelson (D-NE) . . . . .Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI) . . . . . . . Reid (D-NV) . . . . . . Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT) . . . .Schumer (D-NY) . . . .Shaheen (D-NH)
Specter (D-PA) . . . . .Stabenow (D-MI) . . . Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO) . . . . . . .Udall (D-NM) . . . . . .Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA) . . . . . . Whitehouse (D-RI) . .Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---39
Alexander (R-TN) . . . .Barrasso (R-WY) . . . .Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO) . . . . . . .Brownback (R-KS) . . .Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA) . . . Coburn (R-OK) . . . . . Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME) . . . . . . Corker (R-TN) . . . . . .Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID) . . . . . . . DeMint (R-SC) . . . . . Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY) . . . . . . . .Graham (R-SC) . . . . .Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH) . . . . . . .Hatch (R-UT) . . . . . . Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK) . . . . . . Isakson (R-GA) . . . . .Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ) . . . . . . . . .LeMieux (R-FL) . . . . . Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ) . . . . . .McConnell (R-KY) . . . .Murkowski (R-AK)
Risch (R-ID) . . . . . . . Roberts (R-KS) . . . . . Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL) . . . . . . Snowe (R-ME) . . . . . .Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA) . . . . . . . Voinovich (R-OH) . . . .Wicker (R-MS)

Not Voting - 1
Bunning (R-KY)

Source:
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Oh really? Democrats couldn't get anything done because of Republican fillibuster tactics? Can you explain how Obama's Health Care Reform Bill passed a FILLIBUSTER PROOF vote of 60-39 in the senate on December 24, 2009 with all Republicans voting against? Maybe you need to do just a little more research next time.

Source:

First off, please become aware of a long known FACT that wikipedia is NOT a reliable source of information, as ANYONE can access it and CHANGE/EDIT the information contained without the burden of valid documentation.

Oh really??

Looks like just tried to sell the lie that Democrats couldn't get anything done (with repect to an economic plan for jobs) because of Republican "filibusters" during the last 3 years, while Democrats held a majority in the Senate during a vast majority of that time.

Did you happen to overlook this small piece of information below? . . .

. . . . and how exactly does THIS change my previous statement?

Can you explain how Obama's Health Care Reform Bill passed a FILLIBUSTER PROOF vote of 60-39 in the senate on December 24, 2009 with all Republicans voting against? Maybe you need to do just a little more research next time.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 111th Congress - 1st Session

Vote Summary

Question: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3590 as Amended )
December 24, 2009, 07:05 AM

Measure Number: H.R. 3590 (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act )

Vote Counts: YEAs 60
NAYs 39

Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---60
Akaka (D-HI) . . . . . Baucus(D-MT) . . . . . Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK) . . . . .Bennet (D-CO) . . . . Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA) . . . . . Brown (D-OH) . . . . . Burris (D-IL)
Byrd (D-WV) . . . . . .Cantwell (D-WA) . . . Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE) . . . . .Casey (D-PA) . . . . . .Conrad (D-ND)
Dodd (D-CT) . . . . . . Dorgan (D-ND) . . . . Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI) . . . .Feinstein (D-CA) . . . Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY) . . .Hagan (D-NC) . . . . . Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI) . . . . .Johnson (D-SD) . . . . Kaufman (D-DE)
Kerry (D-MA) . . . . . .Kirk (D-MA) . . . . . . .Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI) . . . . . . .Landrieu (D-LA) . . . .Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT) . . . . . . Levin (D-MI) . . . . . .Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR) . . . . . McCaskill (D-MO) . . .Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR) . . . . .Mikulski (D-MD) . . . .Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL) . . . . . .Nelson (D-NE) . . . . .Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI) . . . . . . . Reid (D-NV) . . . . . . Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT) . . . .Schumer (D-NY) . . . .Shaheen (D-NH)
Specter (D-PA) . . . . .Stabenow (D-MI) . . . Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO) . . . . . . .Udall (D-NM) . . . . . .Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA) . . . . . . Whitehouse (D-RI) . .Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---39
Alexander (R-TN) . . . .Barrasso (R-WY) . . . .Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO) . . . . . . .Brownback (R-KS) . . .Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA) . . . Coburn (R-OK) . . . . . Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME) . . . . . . Corker (R-TN) . . . . . .Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID) . . . . . . . DeMint (R-SC) . . . . . Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY) . . . . . . . .Graham (R-SC) . . . . .Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH) . . . . . . .Hatch (R-UT) . . . . . . Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK) . . . . . . Isakson (R-GA) . . . . .Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ) . . . . . . . . .LeMieux (R-FL) . . . . . Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ) . . . . . .McConnell (R-KY) . . . .Murkowski (R-AK)
Risch (R-ID) . . . . . . . Roberts (R-KS) . . . . . Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL) . . . . . . Snowe (R-ME) . . . . . .Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA) . . . . . . . Voinovich (R-OH) . . . .Wicker (R-MS)

Not Voting - 1
Bunning (R-KY)

Source:

Don't worry they will overlook this and continue with the lie. That is all they have.

Yep, because YOU left out his positions on the death penalty, wiretaps, his support of the DC repeal of it's handgun ban.....hardly stuff of the diehard liberal.

Now that we've settled that, when are you going to just acknowledge the hypocrisy of Boehner and crew regarding the request date for a joint session address?

"Hypocrisy"? Because he nipped Obama's childish attempt to preempt the Republican debate in the bud? Sorry but I don't see hypocrisy in that. What I did see was Obama trying to play hardball politics and getting his skinny little butt handed to him by someone who played it better.

Just one more example of why this guy isn't up for the job he has...

Notice folks, that this Oldstyle bullshit artist COULD NOT deal with my point-for-point counter in the previous response, so instead he just parrot squawks the neocon/teabagger mantra.

Bottom line: only a complete neocon/teabagger jackass would claim that a candidate debate that was NOT held on national commerical television or radio was more important than the President addressing a joint session of Congress on the dire economic issues of our time.... an address that the very same GOP clamored for months for.

What this shows is a disorganized "Commentator-in-Chief" (to use the word Commander would imply "leadership" of a President who would much rather FOLLOW behind Congress, polls, etc. as opposed to taking up the responsibility to lead. Passing the buck to created Congressional "committees".) who failed to use his advisors to inquire whether there was a previous event already scheduled in advance far before Obama's desire to pick that particular date in September to hold an address before Congress.

Again, you want whine over ONE NIGHT that Obama had to delay his jobs speech, compared to several MONTHS in 2009 when Democrats exchanged jobs and the economy for "political Ideology" (a.k.a. Health Care Reform)? Sounds pretty pathetic wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
"Hypocrisy"? Because he nipped Obama's childish attempt to preempt the Republican debate in the bud? Sorry but I don't see hypocrisy in that. What I did see was Obama trying to play hardball politics and getting his skinny little butt handed to him by someone who played it better.

Just one more example of why this guy isn't up for the job he has...

What this shows is a disorganized "Commentator-in-Chief" (to use the word Commander would imply "leadership" of a President who would much rather FOLLOW behind Congress, polls, etc. as opposed to taking up the responsibility to lead. Passing the buck to created Congressional "committees".) who failed to use his advisors to inquire whether there was a previous event already scheduled in advance far before Obama's desire to pick that particular date in September to hold an address before Congress.

Again, you want whine over ONE NIGHT that Obama had to delay his jobs speech, compared to several MONTHS in 2009 when Democrats exchanged jobs and the economy for "political Ideology" (a.k.a. Health Care Reform)? Sounds pretty pathetic wouldn't you say?

Yeah, that one night is really going to affect Obama's "jobs bill" aka "Stimulus II"! The fact that he made the American people wait weeks for that watered down version of his original stimulus and then had to convene a Joint Session of Congress to present what is in essence a call to repeat the same measures that failed over the past two years is farce at it's best.

And then for him to stand up there and pompously declared that "my" bill is paid for? Sorry, Barry but it's only "paid for" when you find and pass the cuts to make it so. Saying that it IS paid for and then announcing that the super committee will be tasked with coming up with the cuts is a joke. That committee hasn't come up with the 1.5 trillion in cuts it needs to satisfy the debt ceiling deal and Obama is going to give them an additional 500 billion to cut as well? I don't think anyone in Washington REALLY believes the super committee is going to agree on cuts...not with the make up of the committee. I used to not like Barack Obama because of his policies. I'm now beginning to loathe him because he's deliberately misleading the American public to try and stay in office. This isn't a man who has the best interests of the country in mind. He's concentrated like a laser beam on just one thing and that's getting reelected.

CON$ are still trying to sell the GOP hate radio lie that the Dems had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate for years even though they know that, first of all the GOP did everything to block Frankin's taking office and shortly after he finally took his set, Brown was seated. That gave the Dems only 7 months with 60 votes if you count the two independents. However Kennedy was too sick to attend most of that time, so the Dems only had 59 votes present for most votes until Kirk took Kennedy's place after he died, so that cuts the 7 months down to 4.

But in CON$ervative fuzzy math, which exaggerates everything in CON$ favor, 4 months = 3 years. :cuckoo:
But hey, no one can expect a CON$ervative to remember the history they lived through when GOP hate radio tells them that the Dems had 60 votes for years.

Last edited:
CON$ are still trying to sell the GOP hate radio lie that the Dems had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate for years even though they know that, first of all the GOP did everything to block Frankin's taking office and shortly after he finally took his set, Brown was seated. That gave the Dems only 7 months with 60 votes if you count the two independents. However Kennedy was too sick to attend most of that time, so the Dems only had 59 votes present for most votes until Kirk took Kennedy's place after he died, so that cuts the 7 months down to 4.

But in CON$ervative fuzzy math, which exaggerates everything in CON$ favor, 4 months = 3 years. :cuckoo:
But hey, no one can expect a CON$ervative to remember the history they lived through when GOP hate radio tells them that the Dems had 60 votes for years.

You know, people might take you serious if you didn't have to throw your silly obsession over radio shows into you rants.

And what jobs bills did the Democrats pass during those 4 months, Ed? Boy they must have been chomping at the bit...raring to go once those doggone Republican's couldn't filibuster all of the many bills they were trying to pass...right? So what was it again that they passed?

What's amusing...is that even with all your excuses as to why the Democrats didn't actually have a super majority? You still have no excuse as to why they didn't get ANYTHING done to fix jobs or the economy when they DID control the whole shooting match. Kind of blows your whole argument right out of the water...know what I mean?

. . . . and how many job creation bills DID Harry Reed bring before the Senate during 2009 for a vote? Ok, what about 2010 then? Can you back up your statement with a few links connected to job creation and this economy?

I'm guessing most Americans would like to pay into the government, who operates Medicare at about a 3% overhead, as opposed to a for profit whose CEO makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

Well in 2010 there was no guessing. The voters ousted those who supported Obamacare in favor of harder conservatives.
I doubt many Americans would want to pay into the fraud-riven waste called Medicare. Fewer will want to be enrolled in a system that reimburses doctors at such low rates many doctors will not accept them.

Actually, a large number of Obama supporters DID NOT VOTE in 2010 as protest over his many capitulations to the neocon/teabagger agenda. They are now paying the price with the likes of Gov. Walker and his counter parts in Michigan and New Jersey.

Medicare can be fixed and rid of fraud....the alternative is paying much HIGHER rates to competing private industries....and we all know how well that worked out with the proto-type HMO's! :doubt:
And they won't be voting again in 2012 either.
Many college age people who were motivated to vote for perhaps the first time in their lives have acquired a bad taste in their mouths due to the lack of results based on promises made by Obama and the then democrat dominated Congress.
Additionally ,independent and moderate voters have soured on Obama's handling of the economy. Lastly history shows that the current party in the White House ALWAYS is either rewarded for good economic conditions or punished for poor economic conditions.
So if the economy, employment and housing markets do not recover, we will not have an incumbent in the White House after Jan 20,2013.
Those are the facts. They are not in dispute. Period.

Wishful thinking on your part.

Many college age people who were motivated to vote for perhaps the first time in their lives have acquired a bad taste in their mouths due to the lack of results based on promises made by Obama and the then democrat dominated Congress.

Many college age people who have witnessed first hand the disasterous results by GOP mayors enacting teabagger initiatives realize that NOT voting for Obama would increase that horror ten fold! They also witnessed the filibuster crazy GOP that didn't give a damn about American jobs.

Additionally ,independent and moderate voters have soured on Obama's handling of the economy. Only if they totally ignore the filibusters and stone walling by the GOP in order to maintain tax breaks and outsourcing for the rich.
Lastly history shows that the current party in the White House ALWAYS is either rewarded for good economic conditions or punished for poor economic conditions. Really? Because that logic applied so well to Bill Clinton.So if the economy, employment and housing markets do not recover, we will not have an incumbent in the White House after Jan 20,2013.

And the GOP has made damned sure that won't happen...or they sure as hell tried to.

Those are the myopic revisions of teabagger flunkies....the WHOLE TRUTH makes them look foolish. Period.

Many college age people who have witnessed first hand the disasterous results by GOP mayors enacting teabagger initiatives realize that NOT voting for Obama would increase that horror ten fold! They also witnessed the filibuster crazy GOP that didn't give a damn about American jobs.

Additionally ,independent and moderate voters have soured on Obama's handling of the economy. Only if they totally ignore the filibusters and stone walling by the GOP in order to maintain tax breaks and outsourcing for the rich.
Lastly history shows that the current party in the White House ALWAYS is either rewarded for good economic conditions or punished for poor economic conditions. Really? Because that logic applied so well to Bill Clinton.So if the economy, employment and housing markets do not recover, we will not have an incumbent in the White House after Jan 20,2013.

And the GOP has made damned sure that won't happen...or they sure as hell tried to.

Those are the myopic revisions of teabagger flunkies....the WHOLE TRUTH makes them look foolish. Period.

That whole filibuster thing is all you've got...isn't it, Taichi? Between you and me? I don't think the electorate is going to buy it.

It's been obvious for the past six months that Barack Obama has run out of ideas on how to fix the economy. His latest attempt at a "jobs bill" illustrates that perfectly. When the people in charge start counting on things that have already been tried and failed, then you know it's time for a change.

All those young voters that grew up being told by their teachers and the mainstream media how bad W. was? They voted for Barack in huge numbers. Now they've seen the alternative. They won't be turning out in big numbers this time around.

What you refer to as stone walling is simply the GOP elected officials doing the job they elected to do. That is stopping the onslaught of liberal policies which to date have kept this country in the economic malaise we now experience.
Umm, Clinton was brilliant in one regard. He listened to his economic advisors who told him to stay out of the way of the economy and it would grow on it's own. Which is precisely what occurred. For that he won a second term, genius.

Your insults( Teabagger flunkies) in lieu of ideas and facts leave you absent of credibility.
Case closed.

That whole filibuster thing is all you've got...isn't it, Taichi? Between you and me? I don't think the electorate is going to buy it.

It's been obvious for the past six months that Barack Obama has run out of ideas on how to fix the economy. His latest attempt at a "jobs bill" illustrates that perfectly. When the people in charge start counting on things that have already been tried and failed, then you know it's time for a change.

All those young voters that grew up being told by their teachers and the mainstream media how bad W. was? They voted for Barack in huge numbers. Now they've seen the alternative. They won't be turning out in big numbers this time around.
Here's the best part....THERE IS NO JOBS BILL.
Sen Jim De Mint (R-SC) said best. He stated that if there were a jobs bill, we'd have seen it and we'd be debating it right now.
This is another stimulus which Obama and his people refuse to refer to as a stimulus.
Essentially, Obama is saying "yes I know we borrowed eight hundred billion for stimulus but THIS time it will be different. Trust me!

I have already asked previously just how many "job bills" DID Harry Reed bring to the Senate floor. All I hear is the same empty rhetoric about filibusters and stone wall tactics. Still waiting on a response on these "job bills" back in 2009 or even 2010. I am sure individuals like taichiliberal and edthecynic will continue to ramble on without providing an answer with links, as if they are trying to convince THEMSELVES they are right.

Last edited:

. . . . and how many job creation bills DID Harry Reed bring before the Senate during 2009 for a vote? Ok, what about 2010 then? Can you back up your statement with a few links connected to job creation and this economy?

Why don't you first acknowledge the FACT that you were WRONG regarding the alleged Dem filibuster proof Senate? When you do that, then maybe we can all honestly move onto the next subject.

Source:

Just this once, I'll show you how to do proper research. Here's how the Health Care Reform Bill got passed...note the independents who helped get that vote as well.

In the House

House Democrats pass historical health-care legislation washingtonpost.com

In the Senate

That the GOP had all but exhausted the filibuster to the point where the public perception was that they were just obstructionist lent greatly to this version of the Healthcare Reform bill passing (remember, the earlier versions were killed by the GOP with Bluedog help).

So you're trying to say that Obama had the votes to pass a controversial bill like Obamacare...but he couldn't come up with the votes to pass legislation to create jobs? You really expect anyone to buy that line? The truth is Obama spent his first year in office chasing Obamacare to the exclusion of job creation. Jobs were never his first priority...you know it and so does anyone else who looks at that first year with a honest eye.

I don't expect a willfully ignorant and stubborn partisan hack like you to understand anything that doesn't parrot your half assed knowledge of what went on. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, and you'll see EXACTLY what was the House/Senate make-up during the attempts to pass legislation regarding jobs. Before, during and after the healthcare reform debate. I've already schooled you and your fellow neocon/teabagger flunkies on part of this issue, and I'm damned tired of doing your homework for you. [FONT]

Forum List

Back