GOP Blocks Pay Equity: Sen. Mikulski Calls On Women To Start New American Revolution

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Annie-Rose Strasser

Immediately after the Paycheck Fairness Act failed to get enough votes to avoid a filibuster in the Senate today, Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), clearly fed up, gave a rousing speech aimed at women across the country who are equally angry at being under-paid and treated as unequal citizens.

I say to the women out there in America, let’s keep this fight going. Put on your lipstick, square your shoulders, suit up, and let’s fight for a new American revolution where women are paid equal pay for equal work, and let’s end wage discrimination in this century once and for all.​

More: After GOP Blocks Pay Equity, Sen. Barbara Mikulski Calls On Women To Start A 'New American Revolution' | ThinkProgress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMROA14ZHA&feature=player_embedded]Mikulski Rallies The Female Troops - YouTube[/ame]

By Annie-Rose Strasser

Immediately after the Paycheck Fairness Act failed to get enough votes to avoid a filibuster in the Senate today, Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), clearly fed up, gave a rousing speech aimed at women across the country who are equally angry at being under-paid and treated as unequal citizens.

I say to the women out there in America, let’s keep this fight going. Put on your lipstick, square your shoulders, suit up, and let’s fight for a new American revolution where women are paid equal pay for equal work, and let’s end wage discrimination in this century once and for all.​

More: After GOP Blocks Pay Equity, Sen. Barbara Mikulski Calls On Women To Start A 'New American Revolution' | ThinkProgress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMROA14ZHA&feature=player_embedded]Mikulski Rallies The Female Troops - YouTube[/ame]

we already have 3 laws on the books, this is just a sop to the trial lawyers...hello...did you know that the law automatically lists women as plaintiffs in class actions if lawyers file suit?

the 1964 Civil Rights Act, 1963 Equal Pay Act—that prohibit gender-based pay discrimination AND Obama not ot be outdone, Lilly Ledbetter Act of 2009.

This does bring to mind another area of discrimination, in SOME states; residence of children when couples no longer live together. Florida did not abolish the 'tender years' doctrine untill 1982. Bias is bias, fairness in pay goes hand in hand with fairness in parenting, to me at least. Fathers may STILL get the short end of the stick when it comes to young children.

This does bring to mind another area of discrimination, in SOME states; residence of children when couples no longer live together. Florida did not abolish the 'tender years' doctrine untill 1982. Bias is bias, fairness in pay goes hand in hand with fairness in parenting, to me at least. Fathers may STILL get the short end of the stick when it comes to young children.

hello, what does that, have to do, with this?

How can women complain about anything with all the affirmative action programs giving them special treatment?

Have you ever seen a Party divide the American people like the Democrat party has become?

So it's give us our way or we call for a Revolution?

This party has become SICK and twisted.

Slow reader I see; fairness goes both ways.

Slow reader I see; fairness goes both ways.

And so do you probably.
Go ahead and explain to us what they have to do with each other.

Forum List

Back