GOP blocks Obama on security

Not attacking you but i am attacking your source. Salon?? Yea there's a real credible and unbiased source. Salon hates Republicans and loves Democrats. Wow how shocking. With Salon you know it's always gonna come back to being all the Republican's fault. Pretty predictable stuff from them. The GOP hasn't had enough votes to block anything the Democrats wanted to do. A Super Majority says it all. Can't blame the Republicans for the Democrats being such a horrific failure. Shame on Salon for their disingenuous spin.

read the article again and explain in detail (using facts) how it's disengenuous.....:eusa_whistle:

the Democrats are only doing what Bush and Cheney did.
//

And that is why the republicans hate Obama so.

Bush and Cheney halted all enhanced interrogations? They promised to close down Gitmo? They insisted on mirandizing enemy combatants?

I'd have to see some proof of that.

I was thinking more along the lines of continuing the wars.
Spending like drunken sailors.
Kissing corporate ass.

Bush and Cheny didn't continue any wars, they started them. And yes they spent money as if they were liberals or drunken sailors (not much difference). But you'll have to provide evidence that they kissed corporate ass.

Jay, the manchild who speaks in cartoons. Aren't your buddies waiting for you to finish your Dungeons and Dragons game?

Loser.

Why are you surprised? The neoCONS are praying and wishing and hoping for a few more 9-11s so they can say it is PRESIDENT Obama's fault.... would in fact destroy the whole country to satisfy their temper tantrums, if they could!

That is a such disgusting thing to say about people, but so expected from the lefties who are losing it..:eusa_hand:

Too bad it is true. Sad. Pathetic... The country doesn't matter, the people do not matter, doing something besides having temper tantrums and pitching hissy fits does not matter.

As for us ON THE COUNTRY'S SIDE, WE stand to LOSE THE COUNTRY while eejits, morans and maroons play infantile games! You all are CONTEMPTIBLE.

yeah right, you Lefties ON THE COUTRIES SIDE means pass everything that the Progressives and the Obama throw out there or you are not on the side of the country and you also be a RACIST..we know how that works.:lol:

Bush and Cheney halted all enhanced interrogations? They promised to close down Gitmo? They insisted on mirandizing enemy combatants?

I'd have to see some proof of that.

I was thinking more along the lines of continuing the wars.
Spending like drunken sailors.
Kissing corporate ass.

Bush and Cheny didn't continue any wars, they started them. And yes they spent money as if they were liberals or drunken sailors (not much difference). But you'll have to provide evidence that they kissed corporate ass.

Hate the US Navy, do ya? Nice way to feel about those mostly young souls doing their best to protect your armchair warrior ass!

Jay,i know all about Salon. I have followed them in the past. Everything is always the Republican's fault according to them. The Republicans be the bad guys and the Democrats be the good guys. Salon always pushes that shyte. Just can't trust them anymore.

Excerpt:
It's astonishing how many Republicans, and even some Democrats, have decided that controversial Bush-Cheney detention and interrogation policies didn't go far enough. Although would-be shoe bomber Richard Reid was read his Miranda rights in 2001, the Obama team is being trashed for doing the same with would-be underpants bomber -- who is now providing useful information to interrogators. The Bush bastards tried Reid, as well as Zacarias Moussaoui, in federal criminal court, and convicted both; Obama's plan to try 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Muhammed in New York is being attacked by most Republicans as well as some New York Dems, who should know better. Has anyone else noticed that the once-fierce GOP lately seems like a bunch of bed-wetters, afraid to let our Democratic institutions work to keep us safe? We've tried hundreds of terrorists in criminal court and convicted them, and they sit in supermax American prisons. Not one has gotten out to terrorize again. But now Republicans are claiming that the policies pursued by Bush and Cheney regarding criminal trials for terrorists aren't enough. We have to be kept even safer! But if we agree to be terrorized by the thought of using our institutions to protect us from terror, well, haven't the terrorists won? I'm confused. Link

the Democrats are only doing what Bush and Cheney did.

The Zacarias Moussaoui resembled a circus as much as it did a criminal trial.

As far as the terrorists who Obama wanted tried in NYC, we all understand that he was counting on this to be nothing but a political show. He was to gain points for showing the New Yorkers that he was prosecuting the people who had attacked them. But what is the facts? They had already started the military tribunals on these guys and they were ready to plead Guilty. Need i remind you that these tribunals were set up by congress and blessed by the supreme court? Yet Obama needed political points and this is where he tried to gain them. Shows his inexperience, he lost political ground and is losing more every day. I thought his first executive order was to close Gitmo within a year? 13 months and counting.

hey........here's the poop s0ns.................

If America takes another bonafide hit from the terror bad guys, the politics of the left in America is going to be enshrined in a museum, displayed in a big glass case like a relic of a former era.........100% certainty.

11-1.jpg

Not attacking you but i am attacking your source. Salon?? Yea there's a real credible and unbiased source. Salon hates Republicans and loves Democrats. Wow how shocking. With Salon you know it's always gonna come back to being all the Republican's fault. Pretty predictable stuff from them. The GOP hasn't had enough votes to block anything the Democrats wanted to do. A Super Majority says it all. Can't blame the Republicans for the Democrats being such a horrific failure. Shame on Salon for their disingenuous spin.

Treu Salon did unveil a republican scandal or two didn't they?
They are therefore unreliable?
I wonder how truthful their site is? Disregarding the slant and emphasis of course. Just the facts. What is their accuracy?
I used to read them from time to time and they seemed pretty reliable.
At least as good as fox?

The Salon kooks always blame everything on the Republicans. Par for the course for them. Anyone who still has any common sense left understands that the Republicans couldn't have blocked anything the Democrats wanted to do for a long time. That's what a Super Majority is all about. Blaming Republicans for everything is just pathetic and desperate. I guess we'll see if the electorate buys that stuff in coming elections this year. Personally i feel they wont.

Jay,i know all about Salon. I have followed them in the past. Everything is always the Republican's fault according to them. The Republicans be the bad guys and the Democrats be the good guys. Salon always pushes that shyte. Just can't trust them anymore.

so you can't take the message on at all.......better luck next time sonny.:eusa_whistle:

[SIZE=+1]Republicans VS. The Military[/SIZE]
Link Excerpt:
For much of the Bush-Cheney era, Republican leaders characterized themselves as more than just allies of the military establishment, but also deferential to the military's judgment on national security matters. "Listen to the commanders on the ground" became a common adage in GOP circles. But over the last year or so, it's become increasingly apparent that it's President Obama and his team that are aligned with the military establishment, leaving Republicans at odds with the brass they used to revere... Obama has spent a year following the guidance of military leaders, and Republicans have spent a year breaking with the judgment of the military establishment.It's a fascinating dynamic. On everything from civilian trials to Gitmo to torture, we have two distinct groups -- GOP leaders, the Cheneys, Limbaugh, and conservative activists on one side with Obama, Gen. Petraeus, Secretary Gates, Colin Powell, etc. on the other...McConnell and his Republicans cohorts are reluctant to admit it, and political insiders have been slow to acknowledge it, but what we're witnessing is exceedingly rare
-- the Republican establishment openly rejecting the judgment of the military establishment.

[SIZE=+1]Republicans VS. The Military[/SIZE]
Link Excerpt:
For much of the Bush-Cheney era, Republican leaders characterized themselves as more than just allies of the military establishment, but also deferential to the military's judgment on national security matters. "Listen to the commanders on the ground" became a common adage in GOP circles. But over the last year or so, it's become increasingly apparent that it's President Obama and his team that are aligned with the military establishment, leaving Republicans at odds with the brass they used to revere... Obama has spent a year following the guidance of military leaders, and Republicans have spent a year breaking with the judgment of the military establishment.It's a fascinating dynamic. On everything from civilian trials to Gitmo to torture, we have two distinct groups -- GOP leaders, the Cheneys, Limbaugh, and conservative activists on one side with Obama, Gen. Petraeus, Secretary Gates, Colin Powell, etc. on the other...McConnell and his Republicans cohorts are reluctant to admit it, and political insiders have been slow to acknowledge it, but what we're witnessing is exceedingly rare
-- the Republican establishment openly rejecting the judgment of the military establishment.

LOL the Washington Monthly no less. I guess that Obama waiting for over 2 months to decide what happens next in Afghanistan is working with the Military leadership. The commander in Afghanistan even went to the press to try to put some pressure on the White House. What was it he said? that he hadn't talked to Obama but one time since assuming command.......LOL that story is hilarious if it weren't such a tragic spin.

Why are you surprised? The neoCONS are praying and wishing and hoping for a few more 9-11s so they can say it is PRESIDENT Obama's fault.... would in fact destroy the whole country to satisfy their temper tantrums, if they could!

What a stupid ascertion...how about you back that up with some proof.

Forum List

Back