GOP blocks Obama on security

Jay Canuck

by Crom you'll pay!
Jul 30, 2009
Excerpt:
It's astonishing how many Republicans, and even some Democrats, have decided that controversial Bush-Cheney detention and interrogation policies didn't go far enough. Although would-be shoe bomber Richard Reid was read his Miranda rights in 2001, the Obama team is being trashed for doing the same with would-be underpants bomber -- who is now providing useful information to interrogators. The Bush bastards tried Reid, as well as Zacarias Moussaoui, in federal criminal court, and convicted both; Obama's plan to try 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Muhammed in New York is being attacked by most Republicans as well as some New York Dems, who should know better. Has anyone else noticed that the once-fierce GOP lately seems like a bunch of bed-wetters, afraid to let our Democratic institutions work to keep us safe? We've tried hundreds of terrorists in criminal court and convicted them, and they sit in supermax American prisons. Not one has gotten out to terrorize again. But now Republicans are claiming that the policies pursued by Bush and Cheney regarding criminal trials for terrorists aren't enough. We have to be kept even safer! But if we agree to be terrorized by the thought of using our institutions to protect us from terror, well, haven't the terrorists won? I'm confused. Link

the Democrats are only doing what Bush and Cheney did.

//

And that is why the republicans hate Obama so.

Why are you surprised? The neoCONS are praying and wishing and hoping for a few more 9-11s so they can say it is PRESIDENT Obama's fault.... would in fact destroy the whole country to satisfy their temper tantrums, if they could!

gop-treason-2010.jpg

The GOPs criticism that Obama waited too long to say something to the U.S about Capt Underpants when Bush took longer with the shoe bomber feels the same way.

Why are you surprised? The neoCONS are praying and wishing and hoping for a few more 9-11s so they can say it is PRESIDENT Obama's fault.... would in fact destroy the whole country to satisfy their temper tantrums, if they could!

That is a such disgusting thing to say about people, but so expected from the lefties who are losing it..:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
gop-watching-tv.jpg

Ken Starr spent over $80 million of taxpayer cash and had 700 FBI agents combing thru Arkansas trying to find women who would say they screwed Clinton.
Hmmmm if he had been using those resources to go after Bin Laden.........

gop-watching-tv.jpg

Ken Starr spent over $80 million of taxpayer cash and had 700 FBI agents combing thru Arkansas trying to find women who would say they screwed Clinton.

actually that figures into why I think the Clowntoon years were good for the average joe in America. Both sides of congress were too occupied to mess with us too much.

gop-watching-tv.jpg

actually that figures into why I think the Clowntoon years were good for the average joe in America. Both sides of congress were too occupied to mess with us too much.

:cool: I would have to agree.

That is a such disgusting thing to say about people, but so expected from the lefties who are losing it..:eusa_hand:

She is a disgusting bitch. Get used to it.

lol! The GOP hasn't had enough votes to block anything the Democrats want to do. A Super Majority isn't enough for them i guess. Yikes! This just sounds like more tired "Blame BOOOOOOOOOOSH" stuff. Blaming Republicans for the awful Democratic failures just isn't going to resonate with sane & rational voters this year. Make 2010 count people.

lol! The GOP hasn't had enough votes to block anything the Democrats want to do. A Super Majority isn't enough for them i guess. Yikes! This just sounds like more tired "Blame BOOOOOOOOOOSH" stuff. Blaming Republicans for the awful Democratic failures just isn't going to resonate with sane & rational voters this year. Make 2010 count people.

that's just the whining sniveling nature of democrats! :lol:

Excerpt:
It's astonishing how many Republicans, and even some Democrats, have decided that controversial Bush-Cheney detention and interrogation policies didn't go far enough. Although would-be shoe bomber Richard Reid was read his Miranda rights in 2001, the Obama team is being trashed for doing the same with would-be underpants bomber -- who is now providing useful information to interrogators. The Bush bastards tried Reid, as well as Zacarias Moussaoui, in federal criminal court, and convicted both; Obama's plan to try 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Muhammed in New York is being attacked by most Republicans as well as some New York Dems, who should know better. Has anyone else noticed that the once-fierce GOP lately seems like a bunch of bed-wetters, afraid to let our Democratic institutions work to keep us safe? We've tried hundreds of terrorists in criminal court and convicted them, and they sit in supermax American prisons. Not one has gotten out to terrorize again. But now Republicans are claiming that the policies pursued by Bush and Cheney regarding criminal trials for terrorists aren't enough. We have to be kept even safer! But if we agree to be terrorized by the thought of using our institutions to protect us from terror, well, haven't the terrorists won? I'm confused. Link

Salon? :lol::cuckoo::eusa_liar:

//

Bush and Cheney halted all enhanced interrogations? They promised to close down Gitmo? They insisted on mirandizing enemy combatants?

I'd have to see some proof of that.

//

Bush and Cheney halted all enhanced interrogations? They promised to close down Gitmo? They insisted on mirandizing enemy combatants?

I'd have to see some proof of that.

I was thinking more along the lines of continuing the wars.
Spending like drunken sailors.
Kissing corporate ass.

oh the oldest play in the drooling GOP troll playbook - don't attack the message or even pretend to aknowledge the message ....go after the messenger.

oh the oldest play in the drooling GOP troll playbook - don't attack the message or even pretend to aknowledge the message ....go after the messenger.

We're all going to play on the same field. That's what you all do, so will we. Yeah, you do, so do I.

Not attacking you but i am attacking your source. Salon?? Yea there's a real credible and unbiased source. Salon hates Republicans and loves Democrats. Wow how shocking. With Salon you know it's always gonna come back to being all the Republican's fault. Pretty predictable stuff from them. The GOP hasn't had enough votes to block anything the Democrats wanted to do. A Super Majority says it all. Can't blame the Republicans for the Democrats being such a horrific failure. Shame on Salon for their disingenuous spin.

Too bad it is true. Sad. Pathetic... The country doesn't matter, the people do not matter, doing something besides having temper tantrums and pitching hissy fits does not matter.

As for us ON THE COUNTRY'S SIDE, WE stand to LOSE THE COUNTRY while eejits, morans and maroons play infantile games! You all are CONTEMPTIBLE.

Forum List

Back