GOP 2016 Dream Ticket?

I can give you three reasons Perry cannot be elected

1. He blew his first chance
2. Americans look at him as stupid
3. um......um.....can someone help me with this one?

Well, there's that Texas drawl which reminds some of W.
Or LBJ. :eusa_whistle:

I love Bushy.

I wish he could run again. He would handily best anyone ANYONE the Dems could run.

He was a better POTUS than most of you realize.

And much better than you libs deserve, based on your decision making ability shown in 2008 & 2012.

Walker-West-2016-Dream-Ticket.jpg

Well? Any reactions?

I read this on the Bookworm Room blog and it made me wonder. Why not? Walker has been an outstanding governor and West would be the first fully-black occupation of the office. The piece is at I have a dream Presidential ticket for 2016. What?s yours? and he asks the question; “What's yours?”

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

We already saw that movie it was called Dumb And Dumber.

Both men are outsiders.

Walker proved that cutting taxes and spending works. So the middle gop won't want him and dems will lie about his achievements so much no else can figure out what's going on.

West, is of course, a race traitor. As much as I would enjoy seeing the world learn just how hateful liberals are, I wouldn't want that to happen to another person like it happened to Palin.

Walker raised taxes on the poor and middle class.

Both men are outsiders.

Walker proved that cutting taxes and spending works. So the middle gop won't want him and dems will lie about his achievements so much no else can figure out what's going on.

West, is of course, a race traitor. As much as I would enjoy seeing the world learn just how hateful liberals are, I wouldn't want that to happen to another person like it happened to Palin.

Yes, Poor Caribou Barbie was a victim of evil liberals.

Not the fact that she couldn't even answer softball questions from Katie Freakin' Couric!

Well, there's that Texas drawl which reminds some of W.
Or LBJ. :eusa_whistle:

I love Bushy.

I wish he could run again. He would handily best anyone ANYONE the Dems could run.

And much better than you libs deserve, based on your decision making ability shown in 2008 & 2012.

Yeah... let's look at that Bush Record.

2 Wars
2 Recessions
A major disaster that depopulated a major city.
The worst Terrorist incident in history.
Doubled the national debt.

The guy couldn't best Al Gore in a fair fight, so he cheated.

Both men are outsiders.

Link or it didn't happen.

Perry is probably a non-starter, because you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
Except if your name is Nixon, or Reagan, or Bush. :rolleyes:

Except none of those guys really embarrassed themselves.

Nixon damned well near won in 1960.
Reagan got very close to unseating a sitting president in 1976.
Bush did well enough in 1980 that Reagan felt obligated to put him on the ticket.

Perry, well, let me name three reasons why he isn't in that class. Bad preparation, eliminated before the third primary... and I forget the third one.

Walker has a decent resume, but in person, he's kind of dull.

Think Pawlenty, who looked great on paper, but couldn't shake up the mix.

Every GOP Candidate since 1968 has been someone who has either run before or was the son of a former president.

Using that criteria, the only viable options are Perry, Santorum, Huckabee and Jeb Bush.

Perry is probably a non-starter, because you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Santorum and Huckabee scare the rich people who really run the GOP. They actually take the Jesus Stuff Seriously.

That leaves Jeb, who would be an ideal candidate if his name wasn't Bush.

I'm ready for a dull president that can govern.

I wouldn't mind, either.

But no one gets out on a cold day in late october walking door to door getting folks out to vote for someone who is dull.

Bush did well enough in 1980 that Reagan felt obligated to put him on the ticket.

Perry, well, let me name three reasons why he isn't in that class. Bad preparation, eliminated before the third primary... and I forget the third one.
First impression. Second chance.

Goalposts, MOVE! :lol:

Both men are outsiders.

Link or it didn't happen.

As a candidate during the 2010 campaign, Walker promised to "oppose and veto" all tax increases. That put the issue squarely on our promise-tracking Walk-O-Meter, where we’ve already looked at this question.

In May 2011, we rated this as a Promise Broken, based on Walker’s own 2011-2013 budget proposal, which raised two taxes.

The two revenue raisers aren’t as easily understood as, say, an across-the-board income tax increase. But the nonpartisan state Legislative Fiscal Bureau -- cited by both sides as the official scorekeeper on such things -- has been consistent in considering both steps taken by Walker as tax increases.

Inside the Walker tax debate: Was budget an increase or a cut? | PolitiFact Wisconsin

First impression. Second chance.

Goalposts, MOVE! :lol:

No, but I think you are a tad dense.

The first impression Nixon made was a competent Vice President who came within a hair of winning the presidency. The impression he made was about half the country kind of liked him. One could even argue Nixon invented the modern Vice-Presidency. (Quick, without checking Wiki, who was VP before Nixon!)

Reagan made a pretty good first impression in 1976. He got in late, challenged Ford (a sitting president) pretty effectively, had a strong enough showing at the convention to where deals had to be made to get a unified front behind Ford, and he was talked about as the next Nominee hours after Ford conceded.

Bush-41. Already had a really good record as Congressman, Chairman of the GOP, Envoy to China and Director of the CIA. Made a good showing against Reagan and was put on the ticket because Reagan's precieved lack of depth on foriegn Policy. So he made a REALLY good first impression.

And then you have Rick Perry. Got in the race late, because the GOP Rank and File didn't like Romney. Went into debates unprepared. Had a really strange appearance at a fundraiser where he was talking about maple syrup and acting like he was stoned. Did some Class Warfare stuff that kind of scared the GOP Establishment. Then he couldn't name which three departments he would eliminate.

In short. He didn't make a good first impression. He made a BAD first impression.

Now, yeah, it's feasible he could take the time to rehabilitate his image. Make a bunch of policy speeches and appearances where he doesn't come off as a slightly more retarded version of George Dubya...

But frankly, while those other three guys had crediblity and momentum from their first runs...

Perry really damaged his brand.

Now, if you are going to continue to be dense, I'm really not sure what else I can do for you.

I love Bushy.

Yeah... let's look at that Bush Record.

2 Wars
2 Recessions
A major disaster that depopulated a major city.
The worst Terrorist incident in history.
Doubled the national debt.

The guy couldn't best Al Gore in a fair fight, so he cheated.

You and the truth are far apart!

Bush was elected fairly!

The wars and recessions were caused by both parties, but were primarily brought about by Clinton's incompetence in the nineties especially as CIC!

The national debt doubled by Bush in eight years was then doubled by Obama in four years!

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Well? Any reactions?

I read this on the Bookworm Room blog and it made me wonder. Why not? Walker has been an outstanding governor and West would be the first fully-black occupation of the office. The piece is at I have a dream Presidential ticket for 2016. What?s yours? and he asks the question; “What's yours?”

Sure, the Koch brothers want it. So let's not think about it, just do it.

Thinking for myself has been such a drag. I'm ready to let rich people think for me.

Well? Any reactions?

Sure, the Koch brothers want it. So let's not think about it, just do it.

Thinking for myself has been such a drag. I'm ready to let rich people think for me.

the Koch brothers employ over 50,000 Americans and pay them well; and give hundreds of millions to charity

but George soros wants his Lemming Horde to rant about the Kochs; so let's not think about it let's just do it

idiots and hypcrites

[

You and the truth are far apart!

Bush was elected fairly!

The wars and recessions were caused by both parties, but were primarily brought about by Clinton's incompetence in the nineties especially as CIC!

The national debt doubled by Bush in eight years was then doubled by Obama in four years!

:eusa_whistle:

Okay, no, let's look at those, shall we.

A process where the other guy got more votes, but invoking a constitutional device and having your brother control the votes in the decisive state is not a "fair" process. The people spoke. They wanted Al Gore. Five Supreme Court justices told 49 million voters to fuck off.

Bush was the guy who said, "You covered your ass" to the CIA breifer who told him Bin Laden wanted to attack the US with planes, and then attacked the WRONG COUNTRY.

The 2001 recession was prolonged by Bush deciding that the Rich needed a tax cut. The 2008 one was caused by letting the rich completely loot the banking system.

Now, for the debt. Let's look at that. Bush found SURPLUSES when he came into office. Then he started wars, wrecked the economy, and gave obscene tax cuts to the rich, and by the time of 2008, he was up to TRILLION dollar Decifits.

Obama managed to cut that to half, despite a crippled economy.

Forum List

Back