Google Data Suggest a BIG Trump Win

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
More confirmation that the Hillary win is a figment of someone demented imagination.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/o...-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

Over the past few years, we have both become interested in how data from the internet, particularly Google searches, might be used to predict events. People also tell Google things — a lot of things — that they may not admit to others. So can we use Google searches to predict whom voters will support in this election? It is not as simple as we’d hoped.

One indicator of support might be how frequently people search for a candidate. There is some evidence that if they search for you, they will vote for you. In primary elections, Google search volume for a candidate in a state has predicted electoral outcomes. It is also true that in each of the past three general elections, the candidate with the most Google searches — George W. Bush in 2004 and Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 — received the most votes.

This time around, nationwide, for every Google search about Hillary Clinton, there are two for Mr. Trump.

You think google searches have a direct correlation to votes in this election? Haha, interesting theory but I don't think so

More confirmation that the Hillary win is a figment of someone demented imagination.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/o...-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

Over the past few years, we have both become interested in how data from the internet, particularly Google searches, might be used to predict events. People also tell Google things — a lot of things — that they may not admit to others. So can we use Google searches to predict whom voters will support in this election? It is not as simple as we’d hoped.

One indicator of support might be how frequently people search for a candidate. There is some evidence that if they search for you, they will vote for you. In primary elections, Google search volume for a candidate in a state has predicted electoral outcomes. It is also true that in each of the past three general elections, the candidate with the most Google searches — George W. Bush in 2004 and Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 — received the most votes.

This time around, nationwide, for every Google search about Hillary Clinton, there are two for Mr. Trump.

Only if everybody who is sick and tired of the rigged and corrupt system comes and votes, then Trump sure wins. The future of the country depends on each and every American now. Nobody can predict the result of this unusual election.

Last edited:
You think google searches have a direct correlation to votes in this election? Haha, interesting theory but I don't think so
It has in every election so far.

What is your basis for saying it is not now?

Because it hurts Hillary?

roflmao

Only if everybody who is sick and tired of the rigged and corrupt the system comes and votes, then Trump sure wins. The future of the country depends on each and every American now. Nobody can predict the result of this unusual election.
This election seems like a Brexit redux; too many decent people are ashamed of voting for Trump and wont admit to it.

Only if everybody who is sick and tired of the rigged and corrupt the system comes and votes, then Trump sure wins. The future of the country depends on each and every American now. Nobody can predict the result of this unusual election.
This election seems like a Brexit redux; too many decent people are ashamed of voting for Trump and wont admit to it.

Some are ashamed, but some are just afraid to admit it for a number of reasons. But anyway, they all need to go, to vote and to make it more difficult for fraud producers.

And you got today on DRUDGE the newest Wikki shit on Podesta..........mofu's have been rigging all the polls.

ghey:gay:

Anyway........HOUSE will be staying red for at least 4 more years so its all good. The Queen wouldn't be able to do shit.

Some are ashamed, but some are just afraid to admit it for a number of reasons.
I think more of them are just ashamed of admitting that they will vote Trump because they have been telling everyone they know that they are voting third party and intend to do a Trump vote instead. That isnt really fear, it is just human nature to dodge unpleasantness.

Some are ashamed, but some are just afraid to admit it for a number of reasons. But anyway, they all need to go, to vote and to make it more difficult for fraud producers.

The threat of being assaulted, or harassed by some bed wetter in the government would do it for a lot of people.

Libturds are vile "people".

roflmao
Trump is a celebrity and a circus candidate... add that to the crazy antics that he pulls on a weekly basis, it is a no surprise that he is getting massive web searches. This is an abnormal election with abnormal candidates which is why trends and comparisons from other elections aren't reliable

roflmao

Because the big explanation for everything about this campaign is that it is not like others before it because Trump has turned everything upside down. I've done more searches for Trump then I have for Hillary for obvious reasons: all the bullshit that he says, looking for when his fraud trial starts, listening to his audio interviews with Howard Stern, and updates on the women who are filing charges against him for sexual harassment. That doesn't add up to a vote for him.

Because the big explanation for everything about this campaign is that it is not like others before it because Trump has turned everything upside down. I've done more searches for Trump then I have for Hillary for obvious reasons: all the bullshit that he says, looking for when his fraud trial starts, listening to his audio interviews with Howard Stern, and updates on the women who are filing charges against him for sexual harassment. That doesn't add up to a vote for him.
Yes, it adds up to more of his message getting out and more people that are inclined to agree with him becoming aware and going to vote for him.

Compare Trumps rallies with Hillary's rallies; Hillary has ZERO enthusiasm coming from her supporters who cant even get off their dead asses and go attend a rally, lol.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You need to learn how to say the words "President Donald Trump" before you embarrass yourself.

Some are ashamed, but some are just afraid to admit it for a number of reasons.
I think more of them are just ashamed of admitting that they will vote Trump because they have been telling everyone they know that they are voting third party and intend to do a Trump vote instead. That isnt really fear, it is just human nature to dodge unpleasantness.

This sounds like a confession. :) However, it's important to state who are voting for outright. The fear of unpleasantness come from the insanely dishonest shameful media attacks. You don't want to let them win. Their behavior should be pinned on Hillary like a scarlet letter.

Yes, it adds up to more of his message getting out and more people that are inclined to agree with him becoming aware and going to vote for him.

Compare Trumps rallies with Hillary's rallies; Hillary has ZERO enthusiasm coming from her supporters who cant even get off their dead asses and go attend a rally, lol.

You need to learn how to say the words "President Donald Trump" before you embarrass yourself.
Slade, you tag a laugh icon, like you so often do, for what?

You are just being a fucking troll, piss off.

Keep on living the dream--LOL

1964PresElect.jpg

You wanted Trump, now you own it and everything that comes with it.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

And you were warned over and over again.

Tea-Party-Quacks.jpg

#NeverTrump: We Told You He Would Kill Us, but You Didn’t Listen

Slade, you tag a laugh icon, like you so often do, for what?

You are just being a fucking troll, piss off.
Dude, you just wrote that we need to get used to saying president Donald trump before we embarrass ourselves... how can I not laugh at that rediculous statement?

Wow. Your own article proves you wrong. It didn't say anywhere that Trump is headed for a win, let alone a "big win".

"The high search volume for Mr. Trump is more likely evidence that he elicits strong reactions, which is hardly news. Many who plan to vote for Mrs. Clinton are anxiously searching the web for information about Mr. Trump’s chances.

Sent from my SM-J700P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Forum List

Back