Google apps start page

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
This morning my Google start page was replaced by a "Google apps" page. Is there any way to remove this page?

Dunno...

Dr_Evil-google.jpg

Upper right corner, click on the tool wrench, select Settings and look under Appearance.

I did, what next? The apps page remains.

Same settings page, check Start Up, open a specific page or set of pages should be checked. Click on Set Pages and make sure it says: Google

Done, now it shows a search I ran looking for help "OOPS, Google Chrome cannot be found". I'll try it again before I go to bed, turn the machine off & reboot. Thank you for taking your time Ringel05, I appreciate it.

I did, what next? The apps page remains.

Same settings page, check Start Up, open a specific page or set of pages should be checked. Click on Set Pages and make sure it says: Google

Done, now it shows a search I ran looking for help "OOPS, Google Chrome cannot be found". I'll try it again before I go to bed, turn the machine off & reboot. Thank you for taking your time Ringel05, I appreciate it.

Not sure what's going on there. You might need to uninstall and re-install Chrome, something, a file, might have been corrupted or a recent update changed a setting.
If you decide to re-install, when you do the uninstall, select keep user defined settings (or something similar) and you wont lose your favorites.

Not sure what's going on there. You might need to uninstall and re-install Chrome, something, a file, might have been corrupted or a recent update changed a setting.
If you decide to re-install, when you do the uninstall, select keep user defined settings (or something similar) and you wont lose your favorites.

I'm writing this down.

They have updated Chrome over the last few days, drastically changing the settings area.

Press wrench (top right corner), then go to "Setttings"

Then "On start-up"

Make sure it is "open to a specific page or set of pages" and that is set to Google

Then "Appearance"

"New tab page" press "Change" and set the second option to Google (or whatever you want).

They have updated Chrome over the last few days, drastically changing the settings area.

Then "On start-up"

Make sure it is "open to a specific page or set of pages" and that is set to Google

Then "Appearance"

"New tab page" press "Change" and set the second option to Google (or whatever you want).

Holy *^&@!%...all that to change the home page?? :eusa_eh:

Then "On start-up"

Then "Appearance"

That's what I told her and it didn't seem to work. :dunno:

Then "On start-up"

Then "Appearance"

Holy *^&@!%...all that to change the home page?? :eusa_eh:

no, all that to change the start up page and the "home page" of each new tab.

It is far easier than Firefox...

Then "On start-up"

Then "Appearance"

That's what I told her and it didn't seem to work. :dunno:

Weird... works fine here.

Forum List

Back