Goodbye Jeff Flake See Ya

Arizona is happy to lose you. In your place we will vote in a fine woman U.S. Senator, the first woman Senator from Arizona. So sorry you are such a Flake you make John McCain look great.
United States Senate election in Arizona, 2018
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Senate election in Arizona, 2018
50px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png

2012 November 6, 2018 2024 →

Nominee Martha McSally Kyrsten Sinema
Party Republican Democratic

The candidate filing deadline was May 30, 2018, and the primary election was held on August 28, 2018. Martha McSally won the Republican Party primary, and Kyrsten Sinema won the Democratic Party primary. If either wins, this election will result in the first woman to represent Arizona in the Senate.
Such is the authoritarian right: fear dissent, compel conformity.

Only reprehensible Republicans would demonize one of their own for speaking the truth that the miscreant Trump is unfit to be president.

I knew that bastard Flake was going to screw this up in order to promote himself. It wouldn't surprise me to see him switch parties and run as a Democrat in 2020. Now Kavanaugh and his family get dragged through the muck for another week. He and his Democrat friends are hoping they get Kavanaugh to withdraw.

Dear Senator Jeff Flake: We humbly thank you here in Arizona for representing this state. Thank you Mr. Flake for voting to pass the honorable Brett Kavanaugh through to the next round of the Senate. Thank you for your calm demeanor when dealing with California style fruit and nut women. You will be replaced by a woman since you are retiring. Arizona respects you and we promise that outside of Gabrielle Gifford's district you will be welcomed home. So sorry for any negative comments from my thread sir.

Last edited:
I see more problems than solutions with a week long FBI investigation.

1. Gives opportunity for more unfounded allegations to be made.
2. The focus should be equally on Ford as it is Kavanaugh.
3. Everyone's story is on record at this point. You have to admit perjury to change it.
4. Just how do you investigate a party that has no location or exact time frame?

Love the fact that Arizona will have it's FIRST WOMAN SENATOR from AZ!

How would a woman Senator from Arizona NOT be from Arizona?

Arizona cannot have its first woman Senator from any other state because they would not be eligible under the Constitution. Yes, I am nitpicking your post! :D You should have stopped at the word "SENATOR".

QUESTION
I have a question that begs to be answered - ford says in her letter ‘Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell, at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.”
This would mean that after just being “sexually assaulted” she left her other female friend at the house without warning her about what had supposedly just happened to her. She would’ve just left her to fend for herself. Is this plausible? What would this say about ford & her care about another female - her intimate friend, Leland Ingham?
SECOND QUESTION
If ford was so scared that she left the house without warning leland about what allegedly just had happened to her- then when they (ford & leland) next met or talked on the phone - which could’ve even been the next day - why was leland not at least then told about this purported foiled savaging of her? For ford not to have talked to leland about such a fearful experience surpasses any level of credibility.
I find it impossible to believe that ford

Kavanaugh compromise: Sens. Jeff Flake, Chris Coons channel their mentors, John McCain, Joe Biden
Nicole Gaudiano, USA TODAY Published 6:50 a.m. ET Oct. 3, 2018

Both Sens. Jeff Flake and Chris Coons
were thinking of mentors from their home states last week when they worked to push for an FBI investigation of sexual misconduct claims against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

For Flake, R-Ariz., it was the late GOP Sen. John McCain, who died in August. And for Coons, D-Del., it was former Vice President Joe Biden, a Democrat who represented Delaware for 36 years in the Senate.

Coons said he thinks of the bipartisan example set by Biden and McCain, who were sharply critical of each other in terms of policy but were friends since the 1970s, when Biden was a young senator and McCain was a Navy Senate liaison. Biden eulogized McCain at a service in Phoenix.

“They disagreed on almost every policy matter in foreign policy,” Coons told USA TODAY on Tuesday, but he added “they were on the same side in projecting to the world a sense that we mean it when we say we love our democracy …”

Flake said “you bet” when asked by The Daily Beast on Monday whether he was thinking of McCain when he sided with Democrats in calling for a weeklong investigation into the allegations.

“John was always a mentor to me and he's always talked about due process in particular and regular order," Flake said.

Dear Senator Jeff Flake: We humbly thank you here in Arizona for representing this state.
Thank you Jeff Flake for trying and thank you for opening up the AZ Senate seat to a woman. My choice is the military vet woman. Not many people know of Jeff Flake as a help to the Scalise family. Time to retire from politics Senator Flake so goodbye.
from The Atlantic:
On the morning of June 14, a 66-year-old man armed with a rifle opened fire on a park in Alexandria, Virginia, where Flake was practicing with his fellow GOP legislators for the upcoming Congressional Baseball Game. For several harrowing minutes, police tried to subdue the shooter, and lawmakers scrambled for cover. By the time it was over, five people had been shot. Flake rushed to the side of the Louisiana congressman Steve Scalise, who lay soaked in blood, and helped apply pressure to his wound as they waited for medics to arrive. He then called Scalise’s wife, so that she wouldn’t find out about the shooting on TV.

Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor says she has 'beginning stages of dementia, probably Alzheimer's'
Martha McSally‏Verified account @RepMcSally Oct 23
Saddened to hear the news about Sandra Day O’Connor. Justice O’Connor was the first woman to serve on the Supreme Court & inspired millions of women w/ her faithful service to Arizona and America. We will continue to pray for her & keep her in our hearts.

Forum List

Back