Good News Via Stupid Enemy

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=2234582005

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I do wonder why it took this carnage of Palestinians to get their attention. Most of al Queda's victims have been Muslim all along.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1131367079021&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Too bad this won't amount to much more than noise. It would be refreshing to see Islam take out its own trash for once.

The first thing that came to my mind however is once again the double standard applied by the left. They become incensed when ALL Muslims are stereotyped as extremists/terrorists; yet, anytime ONE nutjob Christian opens his mouth, the left represents that person as reflective of ALL Christians.

For some reason, that "logic" escapes me.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hope:

Links at site

http://www.geopoliticalreview.com/archives/001289terrorist_attacks_in_jordan.php

5. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    hearts and minds. However the Islamic mindset is so dead against the United States, due to our support of Israel, that it will probably take more than this attack to change it. Additionally, of course, Bin Laden etal refer to our presence in the Middle East as a "crusade"; that historic reference being fresh in Islamic thinking as if it were yesterday. In the West history has changed so much in the last 600 years that the Crusades are all but forgotten. To the Arabs it is an open festering sore.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Israel is the strawman that the West is all too happy to buy into. Some go along, saying the US has supported, ignoring the general condemnation of the West in accordance with the Muslims.

7. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    HOPEFULLY, the newer generations will become more interested in having a happy family and life, than being bent on destruction and revenge. I think as more and more middle easterners become sucessful in the US, the message goes back home, and the more desirous the kids will be of an affluent life. Then maybe they will come to the conclusion, in great enough numbers, to realize its in their best interest to just leave Israel alone.

But since I am a firm believer in the Bible, and it predicts that wont happen, I dont really think it will, hmmm, kinda weird eh? Well, Im actually hoping that the Bible doesnt really predict that, my knowledge on that subject is pretty weak. So, I hope Im right/wrong/right , in that order :)