Good News - Tyndale gets injunction against HHS mandate

Ignorance jumps forth once again.

Not only does Obamacare not cover OTC, it specifically attaches penalties to policies that cover OTC meds, and requires the IRS to level an excise tax on anyone who uses an HSA to purchase OTC meds. If you don't believe me ask Greenbeard. Keep arguing with me, by the time you are done you will convince everyone that I am right.

You have a link for that? Because I could find nothing. I think you are the one who has no clue what you are talking about.
And only an idiot who doesn't do their own research would think you were right.
Do you have any clue how many over the counter meds are covered by insurance companies including Medicare?

You think I don't know what I am talking about? Is that the same way you thought when you tried to tell me I had no idea what I was talking about when I said you can get contraceptives for $9 a month?

http://www.cov.com/files/Publicatio...Drugs And HHS Bulletin On Waiver Program .pdf

This is what I get for not paying attention though, that portion was removed from the law already. I guess that makes us both wrong.

From your link.
"income only if the medicine or drug (1) requires a prescription, (2) is an over-the-counter medicine or drug for which the participant obtains a prescription, or"

Like I said, you are an idiot.

I think you are confusing the part where they won't cover what isn't prescribed by your doctor.
Which doesn't back up your claims about birth control.

I think you are missing the part where they won't cover everything even if it is prescribed.

I think you have no clue what you are talking about.
Show me a link backing that up.

Until then your whole argument is invalid. Well I already know this because I know Medicare and private insurance will continue covering some over the counter meds proscribed by your doctor.
I just think it is funny you keep trying to claim they won't based on what?

I suggest you look up the IPAB, the part of Obamacare that specifically exists to determine if a treatment is cost effective, and that will deny flexibility to doctors that want to use a less effective treatment because their patient will benefit.

I think you are missing the part where they won't cover everything even if it is prescribed.

Until then your whole argument is invalid. Well I already know this because I know Medicare and private insurance will continue covering some over the counter meds proscribed by your doctor.

I suggest you look up the IPAB, the part of Obamacare that specifically exists to determine if a treatment is cost effective, and that will deny flexibility to doctors that want to use a less effective treatment because their patient will benefit.

I suggest you look at your own links proving that I am right.

I suggest you look at your own links proving that I am right.

How can you be right when you insist that you can't get contraception unless you have insurance?

From your link:
"PPACA amends the Internal Revenue Code to provide that, beginning after December 31, 2010, expenses incurred for a medicine or a drug under an employer-provided group health plan, including a health flexible spending account (“health FSA”) or a health reimbursement ar- rangement (“HRA”), will be excluded from a participant’s gross income only if the medicine or drug (1) requires a prescription, (2) is an over-the-counter medicine or drug for which the participant obtains a prescription, or (3) is insu- lin. Similarly, amounts distributed from a health savings account (“HSA”) or Archer Medical Savings Account (“Archer MSA”) that do not satisfy these requirements will be includable in the recipient’s gross income and subject to the 20% additional tax for nonqualified distributions from an HSA or an Archer MSA."

So you lied when it said it will tax them for over counter medicine even if prescribed. Do you read your own links?

I think you are confusing the part where they won't cover what isn't prescribed by your doctor.

Medicare does NOT cover otc meds, as their own website asserts.

How can anyone take anything you say seriously on this topic when you're lying and you know you're lying? And I don't know why you think that everything prescribed is paid by medicare, that's pure craziness, and any medicare recipient will tell you so straight up. I have given I don't know how many tens of thousands of dollars of deductions against foodstamp income based on MEDS NOT COVERED BY MEDICARE. The elderly and disabled can claim a deduction for their med costs...they're on medicare, and they pay not only co-pays, but also have to pay straight up for a huge number of the meds they are prescribed. And medicare does NOT pay for OTC meds. The medicare site makes that perfectly clear. Medicare pays shit.

Last edited:
From your link:
"PPACA amends the Internal Revenue Code to provide that, beginning after December 31, 2010, expenses incurred for a medicine or a drug under an employer-provided group health plan, including a health flexible spending account (“health FSA”) or a health reimbursement ar- rangement (“HRA”), will be excluded from a participant’s gross income only if the medicine or drug (1) requires a prescription, (2) is an over-the-counter medicine or drug for which the participant obtains a prescription, or (3) is insu- lin. Similarly, amounts distributed from a health savings account (“HSA”) or Archer Medical Savings Account (“Archer MSA”) that do not satisfy these requirements will be includable in the recipient’s gross income and subject to the 20% additional tax for nonqualified distributions from an HSA or an Archer MSA."

So you lied when it said it will tax them for over counter medicine even if prescribed. Do you read your own links?

I see, the problem is you don't understand English. If something is excluded from your gross income that means you do not pay taxes on it. If it is included, you do.

Look it up if you don't believe me.

From your link:

I see, the problem is you don't understand English. If something is excluded from your gross income that means you do not pay taxes on it. If it is included, you do.

Well good thing it says excluded.

From your link:

It excludes only OTC meds that you get a prescription for, which means OTC meds without a prescription are taxable, which is what I said in the beginning. That makes me right, and you wrong.

It excludes only OTC meds that you get a prescription for, which means OTC meds without a prescription are taxable, which is what I said in the beginning. That makes me right, and you wrong.

Uh no, you didn't, you said all. I am also the one who pointed out about a page back that excluded prescription. So yes you are still an idiot.

Uh no, you didn't, you said all. I am also the one who pointed out about a page back that excluded prescription. So yes you are still an idiot.

Hey, idiot, we are talking about OTC meds, not prescription meds. If you go back and look you will see how you tried to argue that insurance should cover birth control and I pointed out that the ACOG has recommended that they be made into OTC meds. You then tried to argue that some insurance pays for OTC meds, and that Obamacare doesn't mention them at all. I proved you wrong on that, and now you are trying to claim we were talking about prescriptions. Feel free to go back through the thread and prove me wrong.

Hey, idiot, we are talking about OTC meds, not prescription meds. If you go back and look you will see how you tried to argue that insurance should cover birth control and I pointed out that the ACOG has recommended that they be made into OTC meds. You then tried to argue that some insurance pays for OTC meds, and that Obamacare doesn't mention them at all. I proved you wrong on that, and now you are trying to claim we were talking about prescriptions. Feel free to go back through the thread and prove me wrong.

Show me where I said Obamacare doesn't mention them at all.

And she said repeatedly that medicare pays for otc meds...which they absolutely don't and never have.

Are you fucking high? MEDICARE DOESN'T COVER OVER THE COUNTER MEDS, it doesn't matter if they're prescribed or not. I provided the citation and the link to MEDICARE that states that specifically.

And there is NO insurance company ANYWHERE that pays for every single med that is prescribed. They all have long lists of medications they won't cover.

Cripes. Get a flipping clue. Have you never had insurance? Have you never had to deal with insurance companies? No wonder you voted for Obamacare, you think insurance is a "pay all drug goodies" ticket. Criminy.

Show me where I said Obamacare doesn't mention them at all.

Seriously?

Obamacare doesn't not cover over the counter medication, it just doesn't mandate insurance companies cover it.

What else do you want me to show you that you said?

And she said repeatedly that medicare pays for otc meds...which they absolutely don't and never have.

You are right, I should have said Medicaid.
QW still is an idiot.

In order to get Medicaid to pay for OTC drugs they have to be medically necessary, which means, in essence, that you have to go to a doctor and get a prescription. Even if you do that it does not pay for anything to treat coughs or colds, nor will it pay for vitamins unless they are prenatal. In other words, even if you have a medical condition that means you cannot possibly absorb enough Vitamin C from food, Medicaid will not pay for it, nor will they pay for cough medicine if you have Whooping Cough.

But I am an idiot because you believe you know everything, even though I have actually proved you wrong more than once in this thread.

You are right, I should have said Medicaid.
QW still is an idiot.

In order to get Medicaid to pay for OTC drugs they have to be medically necessary, which means, in essence, that you have to go to a doctor and get a prescription. Even if you do that it does not pay for anything to treat coughs or colds, nor will it pay for vitamins unless they are prenatal. In other words, even if you have a medical condition that means you cannot possibly absorb enough Vitamin C from food, Medicaid will not pay for it, nor will they pay for cough medicine if you have Whooping Cough.

But I am an idiot because you believe you know everything, even though I have actually proved you wrong more than once in this thread.
Medicaid will cover vitamins.
Last night I passed meds to a Medicaid resident who takes calcium, iron, and Tylenol, all covered by Medicaid.
Oh and they have a PRN for Q Tussin, which is generic cough medicine.

You are an idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back