Good News - Tyndale gets injunction against HHS mandate

For two brands, idiot.

Doesn't matter, it is still the full price,

For two brands, many women can't take certain brands due to many reasons.
So your dumb argument about it only costing $9 is invalid.

Many women? How many? Are you aware that ACOG wants to make all birth controls OTC meds? They point out that doing so makes them less expensive overall, that there is no real reason for them to need a prescription, and that the hassle of not needing to go to the doctor actually makes it more likely that women will use them. Given that the largest group of gynecologists in the United States actually agrees with my position, and all you have is a bunch of idiots that think adding more people to the supply chain makes it cheaper, I win.

Doesn't matter, it is still the full price,

Many women? How many? Are you aware that ACOG wants to make all birth controls OTC meds? They point out that doing so makes them less expensive overall, that there is no real reason for them to need a prescription, and that the hassle of not needing to go to the doctor actually makes it more likely that women will use them. Given that the largest group of gynecologists in the United States actually agrees with my position, and all you have is a bunch of idiots that think adding more people to the supply chain makes it cheaper, I win.

You do realize insurance companies still cover some over the counter meds right?
And the type I use I would still have to go to see my doctor for. Plus most women I know don't even take the pill anymore.
And some women have to take non hormonal forms of birth control or are like me and can't take certain ones like ortho Tri cyclen.
The ACOG also recommended younger women should still see their doctor about birth control and should use IUDs over birth control pills.
You are idiot you likes to pretend he knows something about this issue, therefore you only win the moron award.

You do realize insurance companies still cover some over the counter meds right?
And the type I use I would still have to go to see my doctor for. Plus most women I know don't even take the pill anymore.
And some women have to take non hormonal forms of birth control or are like me and can't take certain ones like ortho Tri cyclen.
The ACOG also recommended younger women should still see their doctor about birth control and should use IUDs over birth control pills.
You are idiot you likes to pretend he knows something about this issue, therefore you only win the moron award.

Do you know that Obamacare doesn't cover OTC meds?

They want to end prescriptions for all oral contraceptives, not just the one you don't take, want to try again?

They want to end prescriptions for all oral contraceptives, not just the one you don't take, want to try again?

And I said nothing about Obamacare, I said insurance companies, and especially Medicare cover some over the counter medicine.

And I really don't get the comment about oral contraceptives. Where ya going with that? Are you trying to say women will be able to get IUDs etc without a prescription or seeing your doctor?

And I said nothing about Obamacare, I said insurance companies, and especially Medicare cover some over the counter medicine.

And I really don't get the comment about oral contraceptives. Where ya going with that? Are you trying to say women will be able to get IUDs etc without a prescription or seeing your doctor?

This thread is about Obamacare, or did you forget? Posting in this thread means we are talking about Obamacare, you trying to move the goalposts is not going to work. I already pointed out that, if you want to pay extra for it, and the insurance company is willing to steal your money, go for it. My problem is the government forcing your religion on me.

As for IUDs, you don't need to see a doctor to get one. Of course I, being an ignorant male, don't understand all the options, and have totally forgotten that midwives can prescribe IUDs, so I have no idea what I am talking about.

Maybe you should consider the possibility that you don't know everything.

Last edited:

This thread is about Obamacare, or did you forget? Posting in this thread means we are talking about Obamacare, you trying to move the goalposts is not going to work. I already pointed out that, if you want to pay extra for it, and the insurance company is willing to steal your money, go for it. My problem is the government forcing your religion on me.

As for IUDs, you don't need to see a doctor to get one. Of course I, being an ignorant male, don't understand all the options, and have totally forgotten that midwives can prescribe IUDs, so I have no idea what I am talking about.

I clearly stated insurance companies cover some over the counter medicine, not my problem you missed that.
As for IUDS, they are not oral contraceptives. And what is your point in bringing up midwives? Going off the rails, eh?

I clearly stated insurance companies cover some over the counter medicine, not my problem you missed that.
As for IUDS, they are not oral contraceptives. And what is your point in bringing up midwives? Going off the rails, eh?

And I clearly stated Obamacare doesn't. what that means is that, in the long run, no insurance policies will be sold that do either because Obamacare taxes insurance policies that cover too much. It isn't my fault you are too stupid to think that far ahead.

I brought up midwives to illustrate to you that you do not need a doctor's prescription to get an IUD. That, believe it or not, makes them significantly less expensive to get than if you go to a doctor to get one.

And I clearly stated Obamacare doesn't. what that means is that, in the long run, no insurance policies will be sold that do either because Obamacare taxes insurance policies that cover too much. It isn't my fault you are too stupid to think that far ahead.

I brought up midwives to illustrate to you that you do not need a doctor's prescription to get an IUD. That, believe it or not, makes them significantly less expensive to get than if you go to a doctor to get one.

Obamacare doesn't not cover over the counter medication, it just doesn't mandate insurance companies cover it. SO there is no point in arguing what it doesn't and does cover. So lets just forget that whole part of the conversation, no point in arguing about what might happen, or what you are projecting will happen. As of right now insurance companies and medicare cover some over the counter medication, I know this because I pass medication for a living. Medicare and some insurance companies even cover Tylenol. I highly doubt all that will change much, for one if you live at an assisted living or a skilled nursing facility you have to have an order for everything you take medication wise.
As for IUDs, show me where they are cheaper now if you go to a midwife. And for someone like me I could never go to a midwife for it, for the same reason why I cannot have a midwife deliver my child. And even if you do go to a midwife there is a chance you might have to get a ultra sound to check placement, or if you are like me have to get an ultra sound and have a procedure to have it removed. I am also guessing you brought up IUDs because that is what you assumed I was on. Sorry it isn't.

Your whole argument is based on what if's, and what you think will happen in the future. Therefore your whole argument pretty much fails, unless you are fortune teller. I also want you to outline how Obamacare taxes insurance companies for covering too much, especially on how that effects medication.

Obamacare doesn't not cover over the counter medication, it just doesn't mandate insurance companies cover it. SO there is no point in arguing what it doesn't and does cover. So lets just forget that whole part of the conversation, no point in arguing about what might happen, or what you are projecting will happen. As of right now insurance companies and medicare cover some over the counter medication, I know this because I pass medication for a living. Medicare and some insurance companies even cover Tylenol. I highly doubt all that will change much, for one if you live at an assisted living or a skilled nursing facility you have to have an order for everything you take medication wise.
As for IUDs, show me where they are cheaper now if you go to a midwife. And for someone like me I could never go to a midwife for it, for the same reason why I cannot have a midwife deliver my child. And even if you do go to a midwife there is a chance you might have to get a ultra sound to check placement, or if you are like me have to get an ultra sound and have a procedure to have it removed. I am also guessing you brought up IUDs because that is what you assumed I was on. Sorry it isn't.

Your whole argument is based on what if's, and what you think will happen in the future. Therefore your whole argument pretty much fails, unless you are fortune teller. I also want you to outline how Obamacare taxes insurance companies for covering too much, especially on how that effects medication.

Ignorance jumps forth once again.

Not only does Obamacare not cover OTC, it specifically attaches penalties to policies that cover OTC meds, and requires the IRS to level an excise tax on anyone who uses an HSA to purchase OTC meds. If you don't believe me ask Greenbeard. Keep arguing with me, by the time you are done you will convince everyone that I am right.

Not only does Obamacare not cover OTC, it specifically attaches penalties to policies that cover OTC meds, and requires the IRS to level an excise tax on anyone who uses an HSA to purchase OTC meds. If you don't believe me ask Greenbeard. Keep arguing with me, by the time you are done you will convince everyone that I am right.

You have a link for that? Because I could find nothing. I think you are the one who has no clue what you are talking about.
And only an idiot who doesn't do their own research would think you were right.
Do you have any clue how many over the counter meds are covered by insurance companies including Medicare?

So what you are saying is Obama care is going to tax insurance companies that cover over the counter meds for people who are on Medicare and private insurance companies who are in assisted living and skilled nursing facilities where it is mandated they have a doctors orders for everything they take?
Yeah you are fucking idiot.

That's exactly how they want it.

Anyway, if you've just given up, then it's another discussion entirely. But even then, there are probably more effective ways to bring things to halt - ways that don't keep us pitted against each other in the struggle to curry favor with the state.

Demanding my rights as an individual is not currying favor with anyone.

But you think it is dumb for a woman to sue over wanting her birth control covered? Especially when they pay premiums, the same premiums as men.

Insurance does not cover every medication that exists. It isn't a "I want it so you have to pay for it because I pay a premium". It's "You pay a premium for this coverage, take it or leave it."

I think you are confusing the part where they won't cover what isn't prescribed by your doctor.
Which doesn't back up your claims about birth control.

You have a link for that? Because I could find nothing. I think you are the one who has no clue what you are talking about.
Do you have any clue how many over the counter meds are covered by insurance companies including Medicare?

I do.

"Some drugs are explicitly excluded from Medicare coverage by law, including certain anti-anxiety drugs, weight loss and gain drugs, and over-the-counter drugs. While these drugs are excluded from Medicare paying for them, plans can choose to cover them."

Medicare Interactive - Script
Medicare does NOT pay for OTC drugs. Stop spreading lies.

BTW, the "excluded" that is bolded...that's their bold, not mine. So obviously Medicare thinks it's important that you know that OTC drugs are excluded.

You think I don't know what I am talking about? Is that the same way you thought when you tried to tell me I had no idea what I was talking about when I said you can get contraceptives for $9 a month?

http://www.cov.com/files/Publicatio...Drugs And HHS Bulletin On Waiver Program .pdf

This is what I get for not paying attention though, that portion was removed from the law already. I guess that makes us both wrong.

So what you are saying is Obama care is going to tax insurance companies that cover over the counter meds for people who are on Medicare and private insurance companies who are in assisted living and skilled nursing facilities where it is mandated they have a doctors orders for everything they take?
Yeah you are fucking idiot.

No, what I am saying is that Obacare puts a tax on insurance plans that have coverage that is above a certain monetary limit, and that it makes no provisions for the average cost of insurance.

Study: Obamacare's 'Cadillac' health care tax would hit half of all Mass. workers - Boston Business Journal

I think you are confusing the part where they won't cover what isn't prescribed by your doctor.

I think you are missing the part where they won't cover everything even if it is prescribed.

I think you are missing the part where they won't cover everything even if it is prescribed.

I think you have no clue what you are talking about.
Show me a link backing that up.

Until then your whole argument is invalid. Well I already know this because I know Medicare and private insurance will continue covering some over the counter meds proscribed by your doctor.
I just think it is funny you keep trying to claim they won't based on what?

New Topics

Forum List

Back