Good Evening

Full Definition of PATRIOTEER
: one who makes an ostentatious show of patriotism from venal or degraded motives : an insincere, misguided, or spurious patriot : flag-waver <they are quick to detect the phony and they can distinguish a patriot from a patrioteer &#8212; Dorothy Thompson> <catchword patrioteers &#8212; S.V.Benét> <patrioteers, roaring nationalists and reformers with apparently simple devices for making the world better and safer &#8212; Stanley Walker>

Full Definition of PATRIOTEER
: one who makes an ostentatious show of patriotism from venal or degraded motives : an insincere, misguided, or spurious patriot : flag-waver <they are quick to detect the phony and they can distinguish a patriot from a patrioteer — Dorothy Thompson> <catchword patrioteers — S.V.Benét> <patrioteers, roaring nationalists and reformers with apparently simple devices for making the world better and safer — Stanley Walker>

I beg to differ...

Noun 1. patrioteer - an extreme bellicose nationalist
flag-waver, hundred-percenter, jingo, jingoist, chauvinist

nationalist, patriot - one who loves and defends his or her country

Perhaps you use the subversive's thesaurus!:badgrin:

As my screen name implies, I enjoy doing things my way, but have no problems hearing other points of view, and enjoy a spirited debate. FYI, as a political junkie, I agree with Mark Levin 99% of the time.... That alone should lead me into polite political conversation. I'm first year baby boomer, remember the 50's and 60's well, and miss the H*** out of what was once a great cohesive, and ethically moral country. Enough for now, I'll meet you all on the forum...BTW, just call me Vig! :D

Hello, Vig. Welcome to USMB!

Thank you, sir, a wonderful user name you have there. I was thinking of using Ronaldo Maximus, but Vigilante is my usual handle, and as such was my weapon of choice.

i linked it already.....and its the definition i will stick with

Yes, it will stick to you.

no i dont quote talking heads....i dont watch them at all....nor do i fly flags made in china...just goes against my nature....i try to buy america...and i do not believe this country is in decline....that makes me a subversive to you.....

and unlike you...i dont believe that there are some americans who are better than others...i believe people in this country no longer accept or do their duties as citizens ...simply as that...too much partisan crap with too little education about true issues

i linked it already.....and its the definition i will stick with

Yes, it will stick to you.

no i dont quote talking heads....i dont watch them at all....nor do i fly flags made in china...just goes against my nature....i try to buy america...and i do not believe this country is in decline....that makes me a subversive to you.....

and unlike you...i dont believe that there are some americans who are better than others...i believe people in this country no longer accept or do their duties as citizens ...simply as that...too much partisan crap with too little education about true issues

Perhaps you should, a broad, rounded, informed Strollingbones, that has a closed mind to all topics, from sources he already has a prejudice against, is as informed as a house fly.

All have opinions, after 7 decades, I've heard them all.

Thank you, but if I may correct you, the name is Vig, Virgil or Vergil, as often used, was a character in Dante's Inferno... appropriate, but alas, not I!

We have a Dante. He is around here somewhere....

By the number of members, I was pleasantly surprised to get my first choice in user names.... rarely happens, usually have to go to VigAlante, and hear from the 2 digit IQ crowd that I spelled it wrong, even after explaining why, 3-4 hundred times!

you forgot the period, or as I like to call them- "dots", at the end of your name. :eusa_whistle:

o please....you are the one hitting the board running your mouth.....about subversive....

no fool like an old fool now is there?

I thought this was what one does here, you seem to do the running of your mouth quite well, for a subversive.

"let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law, and if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for woman to speak in the church."
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Guess the Bible takes away the freedom of expression from women, huh? ...and this from an agnostic! :badgrin:

As my screen name implies, I enjoy doing things my way, but have no problems hearing other points of view, and enjoy a spirited debate. FYI, as a political junkie, I agree with Mark Levin 99% of the time.... That alone should lead me into polite political conversation. I'm first year baby boomer, remember the 50's and 60's well, and miss the H*** out of what was once a great cohesive, and ethically moral country. Enough for now, I'll meet you all on the forum...BTW, just call me Vig! :D

:welcome: and go fuck yourself

Forum List

Back