Godfather’s pizza doesn’t cut it

His claim to fame is being leader of a mediocre pizza company, just as he would be a mediocre president?

Not everyone can be the genius business man that our current President was before he made his run. What a success he was. :eusa_whistle:
He spent only 1 Billion to get Gaddaffi, while Shrub spent 1 Trillion to get Saddam.

Yeah, I think he's a genius businessman!

i thought the Rebels over there got Qaddafi?....:eusa_eh:

:lol:

He's not a serious candidate. He's running both a book tour and campaign.
He is a fake candidate, as a shill for the Koch brothers, who he has been working for ever since he left Godfathers. He is a motivational speaker for Americans For Prosperity, the Koch outfit. He has no organization in any states, and his volunteers have to go out and buy their own bumper sticks and yard signs. He has spent 10 days out of the past 3 weeks doing book tour shit.

But the suckers are falling for it.

Spot on post.

Of course his competition is so weak it doesn't matter what mistakes he makes or how well or poorly he campaigns. His lack of experience isn't even equal to that of Sarah Palin, who at most (said) she could see Russian from her porch.
As opposed, of course, to the vast experience Obama had when you dutifully voted for him.

:lol:

Herman Cain is a joke. A joke candidate has three distinguishing features: congeniality, a fundamentally incoherent but catchy Big Idea and a dogged refusal to admit that you are joking.

If people sense that you aren’t to be taken seriously, you can take outlandish stances and videos can surface in which you sing about pizza — and none of it can affect you. You're rubber! Just be sure to show up at all the debates and remember to wear a tie. Anything that would hurt a “real” candidate only helps you. Anything that would end a “real” campaign only makes you stronger.
You forgot to post a citation: Herman Cain’s ‘Vote For the Worst’ surge - ComPost - The Washington Post

Sorry daveman. I didn't know Cain was your man. Good luck with him. The guy doesn't even know how to say Uzbekistan, let alone where the country is, or who the leaders are. Cain is a joke. Look at his ads. I swear I almost had a heart attack laughing at an ad from Herman Cain. It's the cigarette and the smile that really make it.

Last edited:
Sorry daveman. I didn't know Cain was your man. Good luck with him. The guy doesn't even know how to say Uzbekistan, let alone where the country is, or who the leaders are. Cain is a joke. Look at his ads. I swear I almost had a heart attack laughing at an ad from Herman Cain. It's the cigarette and the smile that really make it.
I don't have a man yet. And the only thing you're sorry about is getting caught.

The pizza wars have gone crazy in Lake City, Florida. According to the Lake City Reporter, Saturday 10/29/2011, managers of the local Domino's tried to burn Papa John's to the ground:

“Two managers at a local Domino’s Pizza have been charged with arson in the Oct. 20 fire that charred the interior of one of their competitors, Papa John’s pizzeria of Lake City. Their intent was to increase business at their restaurant, according to Capt. John Blanchard, a spokesman for the Lake City Police Department.”

If you want to read the complete story, you'll have to Goggle it. When I tried to post the link to the newspaper article, I received the following message: "You are only allowed to post URL's to other sites after you have made 15 posts."

The pizza wars have gone crazy in Lake City, Florida. According to the Lake City Reporter, Saturday 10/29/2011, managers of the local Domino's tried to burn Papa John's to the ground:

“Two managers at a local Domino’s Pizza have been charged with arson in the Oct. 20 fire that charred the interior of one of their competitors, Papa John’s pizzeria of Lake City. Their intent was to increase business at their restaurant, according to Capt. John Blanchard, a spokesman for the Lake City Police Department.”

If you want to read the complete story, you'll have to Goggle it. When I tried to post the link to the newspaper article, I received the following message: "You are only allowed to post URL's to other sites after you have made 15 posts."
The Professor
Supporting Member
Member #28505

Link away! :)

You guys must have pretty high standards. I think dominoes and Papa Johns are damn good. Never had Godfather's

I always find the good Italian restaurants and get pizza there. We get pizza about 3 times a year at most. When you get anything that is fast food, chain type stuff, you're at the mercy of people who work there plus the company trying to cut corners anyway.

I'll pay a little more to get a quality product. Never had Godfather Pizza.

“In just 14 months, Herman returned Godfather’s to profitability and led his management team to a buyout of the company.”

That's the most important thing to take away from this article.

Is it? He didn't increase market share..he used cheaper ingredients, according to the article.

Is that the way to build a prosperous company?

You and others ought to read the article again because what it says doesn't back your allegations.

To begin with nothing was said whatsoever about market share. So no one who read it knows if Godfather's share grew, shrank, or remained status quo.

Ditto for the implication some have bought into that cheaper ingredients was the key to Cain taking the chain from the edge of bankruptcy and restoring it to profitability. What the article does say is that part of what Cain did in his 14 months of turnaround activity was to tweak the Godfather's menu, pointing out that he scrapped the chain's Jumbo Combo (unprofitable, marginally profitable, little customer demand?) and reacted to market conditions with two new offering similar to those of Godfather's competitors...the "Hot Slice" and something called the "Big Deal," presumably a pie, which the article specifically states was made with cheaper ingredients. But nowhere is there even a hint that subbing cheaper ingredients was something done across the entire Godfather's menu. What makes since to this experienced corporate turnaround guy is that using less costly ingredients for the Big Deal was necessary to meet competitors' price points and ensuring the item contributed some amount of profit to a store's bottom line.

You guys are almost as laughable as Politico itself for even trying to make an issue out of connecting Godfather's product today to that of 16 years ago when Cain was last involved with the chain. But I guess they deserve credit for knowing their audience.

Looks yummy

godfathers1.jpg

Agreed. I joined the Navy in July of 1982, and for a while, every time that I went back home to Great Falls, my Aunt Laurie and my 2 cousins would take me out to Godfather's Pizza, because it used to be my favorite.

Their quality started to go downhill around 1985 and by 1987, their pizza was crap.

Never went to Godfathers after that.

I think all the main stream pizza places like Dominoes, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns are garbage now, I used to love Papa Johns back in 2000 when I was in High School but I hate it now, its trash.

Dude. You need to come to New York..and go to a Mom and Pop's pizza shop. Trust me. You will swear off that crap in a New York minute.

Gotta agree. NY pizza is the best.

When I lived in NH we had Sams Pizza Place. Sam was a little old NY Italian that retired to NH to live with his daughterd. He had the absolute best pizza I have ever eaten, bar none.

They tore his shop down during renovation and the whole damned city cried.

Sam never started another. Too old I guess and boy he was old.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back