Goddess of the Day

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
UNC
So many people have misconceptions about pagan deities. I thought I would post this thread to share information.

Today's Goddess: Brigid
Brigid Celtic Goddess of Inspiration and Healing
Born at the exact moment of daybreak, Brigid rose into the sky with the sun, rays of fire beaming from her head. She was the daughter of Dagda, the great 'father-god' of Ireland.

In Druid mythology, the infant goddess was fed with milk from a sacred cow from the Otherworld. Brigid owned an apple orchard in the Otherworld and her bees would bring their magical nectar back to earth.

It is said that wherever she walked, small flowers and shamrocks would appear. As a sun goddess her gifts are light (knowledge), inspiration, and the vital and healing energy of the sun.

...The goddess Brigid was also revered as the Irish goddess of poetry and song. Known for her hospitality to poets, musicians, and scholars, she is known as the Irish muse of poetry.

The Christian monastery eventually built upon the site of her sacred shrine continued this tradition and became known as a great European center of learning and culture. Indeed, it was instrumental in preserving much ancient learning and literature during the Dark Ages.

There is a Catholic saint who shares her name: St. Brigid of Ireland - Saints Angels - Catholic Online

you do one a day and you will never get to them all ....

HEKATE (or Hecate) was the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy. She was the only child of the Titanes Perses and Asteria from whom she received her power over heaven, earth, and sea.

Hekate assisted Demeter in her search for Persephone, guiding her through the night with flaming torches. After the mother-daughter reunion became she Persephone's minister and companion in Haides.

Two metamorphosis myths describe the origins of her animal familiars: the black she-dog and the polecat (a mustelid house pet kept to hunt vermin). The bitch was originally the Trojan Queen Hekabe, who leapt into the sea after the fall of Troy and was transformed by the goddess into her familiar. The polecat was originally the witch Gale who was transformed into the beast to punish her for her incontinence. Other say it was Galinthias, the nurse of Alkmene, transformed by the angry Eileithyia, but received by Hekate as her animal.

HECATE Greek goddess of witchcraft ghosts magic mythology pictures HEKATE

Hecate1.jpg

Here's a beautiful song, but we all know that Progressives would call the final image "misogynist" for depicting a beautiful pregnant woman with the entire world in her womb, because that is where all human life on earth comes from...the womb. Such disgrace has been brought upon us by the Satanic baby killers.

Mother of darkness, mother of light
Earth beneath our souls in flight
Songs of love and love of life
Guide us to our hearts

We all come from the Goddess
And to her we shall return
Like a drop of rain
Flowing to the ocean

Compare that to these atheist (actually Satanists) role models on liberal campuses today:

Last edited:
Here's my own song for Freyja:

boedicca
Hail Morrigan!

I made this song for Isis, as the spring returned, it took me months to learn how to play my own song hahaha, since I converted from the woodwind quintet to organ. The section from 1:55 to 3:15 represents the constant rain and thunder we get throughout April and May!

BUt then at 3:20 the sun comes back out, and we head into summer (3:33 is the start of summer!) I can see all of the flowers in full bloom here.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Here's a beautiful song, but we all know that Progressives would call the final image "misogynist" for depicting a beautiful pregnant woman with the entire world in her womb, because that is where all human life on earth comes from...the womb. Such disgrace has been brought upon us by the Satanic baby killers.

The mother who holds the whole world in her womb terminates 1/3 of all pregnancies without our assistance. This thread is not about progressives, politics, or abortion. Please do not disrupt my thread with that crap.

The mother who holds the whole world in her womb terminates 1/3 of all pregnancies without our assistance. This thread is not about progressives, politics, or abortion. Please do not disrupt my thread with that crap.

Yes. That's a problem. A big one. Such an atrocious statistic has never existed until this half-century in all of human history. There is depravity and hatred towards motherhood today. That is hatred of the Goddess herself.

Also, you're on a highly politically charged message board.

I never would have thought that a Child of Morrigan, like you, would so happily embrace the murder of children in the womb. Only Nature itself should terminate a pregnancy (15-20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage due to chromosomal defects). To play the role of Nature and murder those who Nature has chosen to come into the world is the highest form of evil.

Last edited:
One Third of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. I can think of worse things than abortion, like incarcerating huge numbers of our population that we have treated as disposable.

One Third of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. I can think of worse things than abortion, like incarcerating huge numbers of our population that we have treated as disposable.

Yes, I just said that. But get your numbers right, it's 1/6 to 1/5 maximum (15% to 20%).

And yes, the police state is growing ever stronger, more and more people are in jail for victimless crimes, I'm glad you agree.

But no, there is nothing worse than abortion.

The two most significant goddesses in my own pantheon...who mean the most to me in my everyday life and are frequent inspiration for rituals & celebrations... are actually combinations of various goddesses syncretized together.

One Goddess is Ishtar, who, in my pantheon, has been merged with Athena and Ashtoreth/ Astaroth. The other Goddess is Lilith, who has been merged with Ereshkigal.

My pantheon is more influenced by the ancient Mesopotamian religions and the Abrahamic religions. Nevertheless, I have respect for all gods and goddesses of all pantheons.

^
Something soothing for meditation, relaxing and clearing your mind...

Last edited:

Yes, I just said that. But get your numbers right, it's 1/6 to 1/5 maximum (15% to 20%).

And yes, the police state is growing ever stronger, more and more people are in jail for victimless crimes, I'm glad you agree.

But no, there is nothing worse than abortion.

From the Mayo Clinic: Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is probably much higher because many miscarriages occur so early in pregnancy that a woman doesn't even know she's pregnant.

The 30% figure is an estimate based upon the likelihood of the fetus developing improperly in the womb.

I appreciate your opinion, but I didn't post this thread to debate abortion. Please stick to the topic.

Brigid's colors are beautiful. Look at the mastery of that craftsmanship. Celtic culture at its finest. I don't understand how Christianity ever held any appeal to these graceful and strong cultures of the Germanic and Celtic peoples. A total fucking mystery.

http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/images/goddesses-head.jpg
goddesses-head.jpg
Exactly! Rookies can't differentiate between the many Goddesses', nor their history, or the many spellings of the name Brigid, depending on which 'group' chooses a Brigid as their Goddess.

tumblr_mkyohzRYZ91s62p0ko1_500.jpg

Frigg, or Frigga, the Norse All-Mother, wife of Odin, and the queen of Asgard.

Her name means ‘love’ or ‘beloved one.’

She holds the power of prophecy, yet She does not reveal what She knows.

Friday is named for her. The Norse name for the planet Venus was Friggjarstjarna (Frigg’s star).

Her hall in Asgard is Fensalir (Marsh Halls).

She is associated with married women and was called by women to helping giving birth to children.

Archetypes. as Jung called them. I am agnostic, Gods and goddesses, nonsense. Diana, patron saint of woman. Were Was Diana at the rape of Prosperine? It's all hoodoo.

Forum List

Back