God vs Athiesm: Which Is More Rationale?

So you're an atheist too. You don't believe the other 999 religions either.

They all think they are the one true religion too.

I'm a weird kind of atheist. I think religion is powerful and beneficial. I think Christianity and Mormonism are the two best religions on the planet in that order. Excluding Hinduism all religions seem to utilize Jesus in their teachings. As a Christian this says a lot. As an atheist this says a whole lot more. Christianity has a phenomenal philosophical system. Mormonism has an unimpressive philosophy (Machiavellian) but it has more functionality as an organization. Mormonism and individual Mormons have more discipline than Christianity and Christians but more flexibility too. Joseph Smith wasn't a dummy.
I think we are still a very young uncivilized violent greedy ignorant superstitious species.

Yes religion served a purpose and still does. It's like saying look how good christianity is because of mother Teresa, but then why do we still have poverty? Will we in 1000 years? I hope not.

That's why they call it faith.
And I've never met an athiest who claims they are not 100% certain. Part of their delusional trait.
And theists go by what we have been told in our origins. And in the 1960's science went from the universe always existed to the universe had a beginning. Just like theists were told.
Athiests who say they are 100% certain are referring to the Abraham God. I'm pretty certain that's a man made up story too.
When did Athiesm start including a Supreme Being? They don't, and every athiest claims they are 100% right.

Sealbobo is right. Just show us a few of the USMB users that are atheist and claim they are 100% right. It would be worth seeing some of their quotes.
Show me when who is not 100% certain.
Here's the two arguments we aren't accepting.

1. There must be a God. Not true
2. God visited. Not buying it.

Science has explained how there might be infinite time and space beyond our universe.

Funny when you put time and space in a box you put God in the box too. Who's the God occupying the time and space outside your box? Am I wrong? If God existed for all time time has too.
You're the one parsing. The more science learns the more it supports the Bible.

Dimensions, origions, time, etc etc.

And I've never met an athiest who claims they are not 100% certain. Part of their delusional trait.
And theists go by what we have been told in our origins. And in the 1960's science went from the universe always existed to the universe had a beginning. Just like theists were told.
Athiests who say they are 100% certain are referring to the Abraham God. I'm pretty certain that's a man made up story too.
When did Athiesm start including a Supreme Being? They don't, and every athiest claims they are 100% right.

Sealbobo is right. Just show us a few of the USMB users that are atheist and claim they are 100% right. It would be worth seeing some of their quotes.
Do you believe in ghosts?
Ghosts as in your aunt Gertrude, no.
But I do know for certain demons and angels are among us.

Im pretty sure God didn't really talk to Joseph Smith or Mohammad. Can we at least agree those 100% didn't happen? Or are you agnostic about Islam?
One simply needs to observe the fruits (or lack of) of those religions to see they are false and intended to fool the masses away from the one true God.

You need to learn what an athiest is. Good night.

Im pretty sure God didn't really talk to Joseph Smith or Mohammad. Can we at least agree those 100% didn't happen? Or are you agnostic about Islam?
One simply needs to observe the fruits (or lack of) of those religions to see they are false and intended to fool the masses away from the one true God.

I am one. You need to learn. I don't believe in angels demons or gods. That's all. Good night

According to the Biblical record King Saul visited a necromancer that spoke to the prophet Samuel after he had been dead.

I am one. You need to learn. I don't believe in angels demons or gods. That's all. Good night
You obviously don't know what you are.

According to the Biblical record King Saul spoke visited a necromancer that spoke to the prophet Samuel after he had been dead.
There are demons and there are angels. That's it.

According to the Biblical record King Saul spoke visited a necromancer that spoke to the prophet Samuel after he had been dead.

Was the Bible lying?

Was the Bible lying?
Read the verses. It's a recording of events. And demons know all about us and can portray anyone.

Was the Bible lying?
Read the verses. It's a recording of events. And demons know all about us and can portray anyone.
Maybe you're a demon

And in the 1960's science went from the universe always existed to the universe had a beginning. Just like theists were told.

Yeah, but scientists still believe science explains the universe. not some flying spaghetti monster.

Just out of interest, which god created our Universe? One of the Hindu gods? Roman? Christian? Jewish? Muslim? Which one?

And in the 1960's science went from the universe always existed to the universe had a beginning. Just like theists were told.

Yeah, but scientists still believe science explains the universe. not some flying spaghetti monster.

Just out of interest, which god created our Universe? One of the Hindu gods? Roman? Christian? Jewish? Muslim? Which one?
The jewish/Christian one of course. And I'm not bias because I was raised in America but those Muslims in the middle East are brainwashed

You display your ignorance. Science has an idea about the origions of the universe, but not a clue as to why it exists.
40% of scientists believe in the origions of the universe as I do.
Now go read post 1 and learn.

You display your ignorance. Science has an idea about the origions of the universe, but not a clue as to why it exists.

So why does it exist? As a plaything for some omnipotent being? Yeah, that sounds more logical...

Is it rational to believe in God?

Many people think that faith and reason are opposites; that belief in God and tough-minded logical reasoning are like oil and water. They are wrong. Belief in God is far more rational than atheism.

Logic can show that there is a God. If you look at the universe with common sense and an open mind, you’ll find that it’s full of God’s fingerprints.

A good place to start is with an argument by Thomas Aquinas, the great 13th century philosopher and theologian.

The argument starts with the not very startling observation that things move. But nothing moves for no reason. Something must cause that movement. And whatever caused that, must be caused by something else, and so on. But this causal chain cannot go backwards forever. It must have a beginning. There must be an Unmoved Mover to begin all the motion in the universe: a first domino to start the whole chain moving, since mere matter never moves itself.

A modern objection to this argument is that some movements things in quantum mechanics -- radioactive decay, for example -- have no discernible cause, but hang on a second. Just because scientists don’t see a cause, doesn’t mean there isn’t one. It just means science hasn’t found it yet. Maybe some day they will. But then there will have to be a new cause to explain that one. And so on and so on. But science will never find the first cause. That’s no knock on science. It simply means that a first cause lies outside the realm of science.

Another way to explain this argument is that everything that begins must have a cause. Nothing can come from nothing. So if there is no first cause, there can’t be second causes. Or anything at all. In other words, if there’s no creator, there can’t be a universe.

But, what if the universe were infinitely old, you might ask? Well, all scientists today agree that the universe is not infinitely old, that it had a beginning in the Big Bang.

If the universe had a beginning, then it didn’t have to exist. And things which don’t have to exist, must have a cause.

There’s confirmation of this argument from Big Bang Cosmology. We now know that all matter, that is, the whole universe, came into existence some 13.7 billion years ago and it’s been expanding and cooling ever since. No scientist doubts that anymore, even though before it was scientifically proved, atheists called it “creationism in disguise.”

Now add to this premise, a very logical second premise -- the principal of causality that nothing begins without an adequate cause. And you get the conclusion that since there was a Big Bang, there must be a Big Banger.

But is this Big Banger God?

Why couldn’t it be just another universe? Because Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity says that all time is relative to matter and since all matter began 13.7 billion years ago, so did all time. So there’s no time before the Big Bang.

And even if there is time before the Big Bang, even if there is a multi-verse, that is, many universes with many Big Bangs, as String Theory says is mathematically possible, that too must have a beginning. An absolute beginning is what most people mean by God.

Yet, some atheists find the existence of an infinite number of other universes more rational than the existence of a Creator. Never mind that there is no empirical evidence at all that any of these unknown universes exists, let alone a thousand or a gazillion.

The conclusion that God exists doesn’t require faith. Atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe in everything coming from nothing. It takes only reason to believe in everything coming from God.

So I go to church for my mom's 40 days. It's a special treat the bishop or cardibal is visiting so what could have been a 2 hour ordeal went 2:45. Omg we stood forever. Now I know how Jesus felt.

Omg the pretty robes they all wear and the weekly brainwashing they are all getting. It is the greatest bs story ever told.

From the bishop to the alterboys not a single woman on stage. Not only is religion man made its gay man made

Must be cognitive dissonance and wishful thinking

Must be cognitive dissonance and wishful thinking
It's your right to deny the obvious evidence in front of you.
Satan laughs with delight.

Forum List

Back