How many openly gay MLB players have been there? Honoring LGBTQ icons of baseball on Pride Night

iku

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2023
It appears 29 of 30 MLB Teams are having a "Pride Night" and the Texas Rangers are not one of them.
I dug a little deeper and read multiple articles and found that the team has themed nights on schedule to celebrate things such as Star Wars and Whataburger, yet they have no interest in hosting a Pride Night for their fans. The Texas Rangers state that they are committed to make all fans feel welcome and included at Rangers games.
Wait, you can host theme nights for Whataburger and Star Wars but no a theme night for Pride Month?
You say you are committed to make all fans feel welcome and included at Rangers games but you cater to Star Wars and Whataburger?

Houston Astros has a Pride Night, on June 20th as the Houston Astros face off against the New York Mets.
I bring this one up because the NYM have an interesting history in Pride Night.

So it is not that old expression of steers and "Q'rs" and horns and Texas (you know how it goes).

There has to be a VALID explanation why the Texas Rangers are the only MLB team not to have a Pride Event.

images

The valid explanation is simple. The fans in Arlington Texas aren't interested in celebrating the idea of men taking each other's butt holes.

If you want to do that, fine. But they aren't going to be having any of it at the old ball park, at least in Arlington Texas.

It appears 29 of 30 MLB Teams are having a "Pride Night" and the Texas Rangers are not one of them.
I dug a little deeper and read multiple articles and found that the team has themed nights on schedule to celebrate things such as Star Wars and Whataburger, yet they have no interest in hosting a Pride Night for their fans. The Texas Rangers state that they are committed to make all fans feel welcome and included at Rangers games.
Wait, you can host theme nights for Whataburger and Star Wars but no a theme night for Pride Month?
You say you are committed to make all fans feel welcome and included at Rangers games but you cater to Star Wars and Whataburger?

Houston Astros has a Pride Night, on June 20th as the Houston Astros face off against the New York Mets.
I bring this one up because the NYM have an interesting history in Pride Night.

So it is not that old expression of steers and "Q'rs" and horns and Texas (you know how it goes).

There has to be a VALID explanation why the Texas Rangers are the only MLB team not to have a Pride Event.

images

Maybe the Rangers are the only MLB team who have decided not to be political whores.

PS -- I'll take "Why I Stopped Being A Baseball Fan" for $2000, Alex.

I am all for keeping politics out of sports. Just make it clear that all paying fans are welcome and that's all. Go ahead and have politically neutral events.

The valid explanation is simple. The fans in Arlington Texas aren't interested in celebrating the idea of men taking each other's butt holes.

If you want to do that, fine. But they aren't going to be having any of it at the old ball park, at least in Arlington Texas.
But Didn't MLB's Transvestites Invent the Drag Bunt?

What about the Gay baseball players. They might have wanted their partner and LGBTQ+ friends to show up an cheer them on and drink Bud Light

Anal sex was the leading cause of HIV infection.

Forum List

Back