God bless America, the greatest country on earth

No, I asked why the ones who fight to come to America don't go to one of the other twenty-six.
I guess for the same reason the ones who struggle to go to the other twenty six countries don't struggle to go to America. What do you think?

For instance, why will they die in boatloads to get to Europe but not to America?

Because it is fucking closer to their middle east shit holes moron.......if they could get here easily they would...just ask all the Mexicans coming here......did you take a bigger spoonful of stupid this morning when you woke up?

The people who hated slavery, but who knew we needed to be unified to stand against the slave importers from Britain and Africa....kept the ratio to 3/5s....weakening the future democrats power and future ability to expand slavery.......
So your country was founded on the principle of people as property, so much so that it was written into your constitution. In black and white. So much for ideals.

Here we go, idealism...

The Constitution and Slavery:
Provisions in the Original Constitution

The Thirteenth Amendment: Slavery and the Constitution

Article I, Section. 2 [Slaves count as 3/5 persons]

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [i.e., slaves].
Article I, Section. 9, clause 1. [No power to ban slavery until 1808]
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
Article IV, Section. 2. [Free states cannot protect slaves]
No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.
Article V [No Constitutional Amendment to Ban Slavery Until 1808]
...No Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article.

Because it is fucking closer to their middle east shit holes moron.......if they could get here easily they would...just ask all the Mexicans coming here......did you take a bigger spoonful of stupid this morning when you woke up?
Ah. So the OP is answered.

The people who hated slavery, but who knew we needed to be unified to stand against the slave importers from Britain and Africa....kept the ratio to 3/5s....weakening the future democrats power and future ability to expand slavery.......
So your country was founded on the principle of people as property, so much so that it was written into your constitution. In black and white. So much for ideals.

No....slavery was not written into our constitution...try reading it some time.......the future democrats were poisoning this country even back then......before they created their racist party....

Here we go, idealism...

The Constitution and Slavery:
Provisions in the Original Constitution

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [i.e., slaves].
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.
...No Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article.

Yes.....the end of slavery was put into the constitution........because the future democrats wanted slaves....so as a democracy we had to work things out......that is the problem when you get rid of kings and queens......you have to make deals to end bad things....

I have to say I don't understand the mindset that produces all these 'USA number one!' threads. Is it insecurity?

I have to say I don't understand the mindset that produces all these 'USA number one!' threads. Is it insecurity?

No....we are under attack from the very people who wanted to keep slavery back at the start of the country.....now, instead of just blacks from Africa....sold to them by Europeans and Africans...they want to enslave all of us.....

No....slavery was not written into our constitution...try reading it some time.......the future democrats were poisoning this country even back then......before they created their racist party....
There were no democrats in 1789.

There were no democrats in 1789.

That is why I called them future democrats...because the slave owners became democrats....

the slave trade was ended.....and then the democrats refused to give up slavery moron
Show me where the end of the slave trade was put in the Constitution, dumb fuck rightard. The only mention of the slave trade is to protect it.

you have to make deals to end bad things....
No deal was made to end slavery in the Constitution. Deals were made to keep slavery. Very idealistic.

Wrong moron.....ending the slave trade was the first huge step....and the 3/5s was intended to gradually weaken the power of the future democrat slave states so that slavery would disappear....but the thing with democrats...they never give up trying to control people...so the democrats wanted to restart the slave trade, expand slavery into the news states and went to war to keep their slaves.....when the first Republican President was sworn in......they fled the union to keep their slaves...

the slave trade was ended.....and then the democrats refused to give up slavery moron
Show me where the end of the slave trade was put in the Constitution, dumb fuck rightard. The only mention of the slave trade is to protect it.

asswipe...learn something...

Guide to the Constitution

It is significant that the words slave and slavery are not used in the Constitution of 1787, and that the Framers used the word person rather than property. This would assure, as Madison explained in The Federalist No. 54, that a slave would be regarded "as a moral person, not as a mere article of property." It was in the context of the slave trade debate at the Constitutional Convention that Madison argued that it was "wrong to admit in the Constitution the idea that there could be property in men."

Although Southern delegates hoped opposition would weaken with time, the practical effect of the clause was to create a growing expectation of federal legislation against the practice. Congress passed, and President Thomas Jefferson signed into law, a federal prohibition of the slave trade, effective January 1, 1808, the first day that Article I, Section 9, Clause 1, allowed such a law to go into effect.

Remember, this is how you started out...

2aguy said:

Our country is unique because we were founded on the principal that all men are created equal.....and that those who rule only do so because we allow them to......

Forum List

Back