God bless America, the greatest country on earth

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Often as I read this board I find myself wondering if any of the petulant masses posting and bickering here ever look back and feel shame, embarrassment, or regret for the things they post. The angry, ignorant, foolishness so many bathe in. You all make me proud to not be able to identify with either of the dominant political parties...

Too often I think people have forgotten what America is, people from both, all, sides of the political spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel. And I'm not trying to be preachy. Every so often I get inspired to be a bit introspective...

Maybe this story will help someone tonight...

The story behind the ‘American Dream’ photo at West Point that went viral

American%20Dream_zpsvuerxqny.jpg

As 2nd Lt. Alix Schoelcher Idrache stood at attention during the commencement ceremony at West Point, N.Y., on Saturday, he was overcome with emotion. Tears rolled down both cheeks, but his gloved left hand held firm on his white, gold and black “cover,” the dress headgear that Army cadets wear.

...Part of that is Idrache’s background: He worked his way through one of the nation’s most prestigious military schools after immigrating to the United States from Haiti, earning his citizenship and serving for two years as an enlisted soldier with the Maryland Army National Guard, according to Army records.

“I woke up this morning and found my face all over Facebook and with it myriad of amazing comments about my accomplishments,” Idrache wrote Tuesday on Facebook. “I am humbled and shocked at the same time. Thank you for giving me a shot at the American Dream and may God bless America, the greatest country on earth.”

...the photographer, “captured a moment that I will never forget,” Idrache said.

“Three things came to mind and led to those tears,” Idrache wrote. “The first is where I started. I am from Haiti and never did I imagine that such honor would be one day bestowed on me. The second is where I am. Men and women who have preserved the very essence of the human condition stood in that position and took the same oath. Men who preserved the Union [in] a dark period of this country’s history. Men who scaled the face of adversity and liberated Europe from fascism …Women like CPT Griest, LT Haver, MAJ Jaster who rewrote the narrative and challenged the status quo to prove themselves worthy of being called Rangers.”

Read the rest: The story behind the ‘American Dream’ photo at West Point that went viral

Often as I read this board I find myself wondering if any of the petulant masses posting and bickering here ever look back and feel shame, embarrassment, or regret for the things they post. The angry, ignorant, foolishness so many bathe in. You all make me proud to not be able to identify with either of the dominant political parties...

Too often I think people have forgotten what America is, people from both, all, sides of the political spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel. And I'm not trying to be preachy. Every so often I get inspired to be a bit introspective...

As 2nd Lt. Alix Schoelcher Idrache stood at attention during the commencement ceremony at West Point, N.Y., on Saturday, he was overcome with emotion. Tears rolled down both cheeks, but his gloved left hand held firm on his white, gold and black “cover,” the dress headgear that Army cadets wear.

...Part of that is Idrache’s background: He worked his way through one of the nation’s most prestigious military schools after immigrating to the United States from Haiti, earning his citizenship and serving for two years as an enlisted soldier with the Maryland Army National Guard, according to Army records.

“I woke up this morning and found my face all over Facebook and with it myriad of amazing comments about my accomplishments,” Idrache wrote Tuesday on Facebook. “I am humbled and shocked at the same time. Thank you for giving me a shot at the American Dream and may God bless America, the greatest country on earth.”

...the photographer, “captured a moment that I will never forget,” Idrache said.

“Three things came to mind and led to those tears,” Idrache wrote. “The first is where I started. I am from Haiti and never did I imagine that such honor would be one day bestowed on me. The second is where I am. Men and women who have preserved the very essence of the human condition stood in that position and took the same oath. Men who preserved the Union [in] a dark period of this country’s history. Men who scaled the face of adversity and liberated Europe from fascism …Women like CPT Griest, LT Haver, MAJ Jaster who rewrote the narrative and challenged the status quo to prove themselves worthy of being called Rangers.”

Read the rest: The story behind the ‘American Dream’ photo at West Point that went viral

I love these nigga stories, these immigrant stories, these soon to be nigga's with white women stories....just breaks the heart....Next?

Yes the US is really a great and unique country, and its too bad the elites want to destroy it, by nonsense wars,
oversea tax free accounts and paying millions to tax attorneys to avoid paying taxes (Trump) , exporting jobs to cheap labor markets, and importing workers.

Hmmm.....the greatest country on earth.
The founding of this nation has been built on:
Deceit.
Lies.
Theft.
Slavery.
Genocide.
Currently, we are ranked 27th in the world for education and we are ranked 31st in health care for our people.
Aside from some gold medals in sports and a military that is quickly working its way to becoming number two, what is the US so great about?

America will never be the Republic into which I was born.

Change occurs, inevitably and irresistibly.

The far left and far right contain always the seeds that germinate poisonously that prevent their accession to government

We will be fine.

Deceit.
Lies.
Theft.
Slavery.
Genocide.
Currently, we are ranked 27th in the world for education and we are ranked 31st in health care for our people.
Aside from some gold medals in sports and a military that is quickly working its way to becoming number two, what is the US so great about?

And yet hundreds of thousands of people have and do fight and struggle and claw and do anything to immigrate to this country. Why? Why not one of the twenty-six "better" countries? Why do you stay? Why haven't you left for one of the twenty-six? Tell us, why are you still here?

So......some women who challenged the Ranger school status quo are on a level with Men who scaled the face of adversity and liberated Europe from fascism? You do know that the standards for the Rangers were lowered so these women could pass, don't you? Lowering standards to make some people look good is not a good recipe for a strong military in the future. Maybe this Haitian guy had standards lowered so he could get in West Point? Quite possible.

And yet hundreds of thousands of people have and do fight and struggle and claw and do anything to immigrate to this country. Why? Why not one of the twenty-six "better" countries? Why do you stay?
Hilarity. As though immigrants do not claw and struggle to access the countries to which you refer.

We can see them dying by the boatload to get into Europe, for example.

And yet hundreds of thousands of people have and do fight and struggle and claw and do anything to immigrate to this country. Why? Why not one of the twenty-six "better" countries? Why do you stay?
Hilarity. As though immigrants do not claw and struggle to access the countries to which you refer.

We can see them dying by the boatload to get into Europe, for example.

Yeah... and? I never said they didn't...

Yes the US is really a great and unique country, and its too bad the elites want to destroy it, by nonsense wars,
oversea tax free accounts and paying millions to tax attorneys to avoid paying taxes (Trump) , exporting jobs to cheap labor markets, and importing workers.[/QUOTE

The United States is a corporation...at least that is what "da gubermint" is. You enter the military? You are simply signing onto help this massive corporation "rape pillage and plunder" the resources of other countries. I have tremendous respect for those that serve but every war is a banker's war. America is nothing but one giant plantation where you work four months out of the year for free . It's the cleverest form of slavery ever invented. You have ignorant idiots like Sepfunny that believes that people that don't pay a shitload in income taxes are some how cheating her. What this stupid little clown doesn't know is that little to none of the income taxes we pay goes towards funding this massive corporate entity....not that they need the money and I will get to that in a minute. The income tax where one barters his time for something of worth was never meant to be taxable instrument and that was made very clear in the articles of confederation.

The income tax amendment was never ratified by enough states but was falsified in 1913 which was the same year the international bankers got control of the issuing of money via The Federal Reserve Act. The SCOTUS ruled 5 times that the 16th amendment did not give "da gubermint" any new taxing power. The IRS is a Puerto Rican Trust #62 and is the collection arm of the International Monetary Fund that took USA,INC into receivership in 1950 (to provide the 19 essential services in a for profit venture) when USA.INC was forced into bankruptcy yet again. Our birth certificates are printed on bond paper and then "monetized" because our labor is surety against the debt due to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of 1933. So needless to say, I don't get choked up when I hear the national anthem because we are not the home of the "brave" nor are we "free". We are a nation of cowardly sheeple that meekly turn over 4 months of our labor to a few international bankers that have set this debt slavery system up in every country that has a central bank that creates credit out of nothing and then charges usury for it.

I have lots of love for my fellow Americans but I despise this corporate entity masquerading as a legitimate governmental body with every fiber of my being. They can take their gold fringed flag that that represents admiralty law and shove it up their collective asses.

Deceit.
Lies.
Theft.
Slavery.
Genocide.

And in each of those you will see the very same people who are protesting the Trump rallies...the democrats owned the slaves and started a war to keep them.....

Our country is unique because we were founded on the principal that all men are created equal.....and that those who rule only do so because we allow them to......

And as the left uses our past to destroy our future....keep in mind...the entire world was doing all of those things before we even came into being......and our Constitution, Bill of Rights......sought to stop those things.....and just because it wasn't perfect from day one...the left will destroy it all....

and what genocide are you talking about?

No, I asked why the ones who fight to come to America don't go to one of the other twenty-six.
I guess for the same reason the ones who struggle to go to the other twenty six countries don't struggle to go to America. What do you think?

For instance, why will they die in boatloads to get to Europe but not to America?

Last edited:
Our country is unique because we were founded on the principal that all men are created equal.....and that those who rule only do so because we allow them to......
Yeah? Perhaps you should ask the three fifths what they think about that pile of horseshit.

Did you know that you can save save save and buy a couple of acres of land and think "I'll just pitch a tent or buy an RV and live on that land that I worked and saved for" and then find out it's illegal to own your own land and live on it unless you build a house, get code approvals, etc?

Or...you worked from age 16 to 63, paid into the system, shit happens and even with the best of intentions and plans, you wind up with a debilitating disease, can't work any more and have to retire early, lose EVERYTHING but the car is paid off so you figure ok..I can at least sleep in that? Um. No. It's illegal to sleep in your car. Oh, and it's illegal to be homeless too. Can't sit for long in a park...yer loitering. Can't sleep under a bridge, same law applies. Can't sleep in yer car..its an ordinance.

Then the fucktard city council passes a NEW law that you cannot park yer RV in your own driveway even if you own that driveway and the house attached to it...nor in the back yard if you have a yard attached to that property. No sireebob. No rv. No boat. Gotta put it in self storage so it isn't an eye sore on the property you busted your ass to buy during all those days and years of working overtime and paying into the system.

Color me a tad pissed. You BOUGHT the land. It's out in bumbfuck podunk. No neighbors. No anything. Its yours. You paid for it. But you can't pitch a tent on it. You can't park an rv on it. You can't even build on it. Ya gotta PAY to do that shit. And you can pay til you are blue in the face but the tent and rv is OUT of the question. No ands ifs or buts about it.

So the poor stay poor. The homeless keeps being told to "move along". Old people in cars trying to find some peace in sleep and are given a ticket.

What the fuck is there to love?

Yeah? Perhaps you should ask the three fifths what they think about that pile of horseshit.

So you morons really not understand that...still?

The 3/5s clause was meant to undermine slavery.....because the future democrat party members, who owned the black slaves and would later become members of the democrat party......wanted their black slaves to count toward representation in the House of Representatives...giving the future democrats more power in the country.

The people who hated slavery, but who knew we needed to be unified to stand against the slave importers from Britain and Africa....kept the ratio to 3/5s....weakening the future democrats power and future ability to expand slavery.......

You guys really need to study actual history....and read the fucking constitution and the Federalist papers...

New Topics

Forum List

Back