God bless America, the greatest country on earth

Remember, this is how you started out...

2aguy said:

Our country is unique because we were founded on the principal that all men are created equal.....and that those who rule only do so because we allow them to......

Yep.....and that is in the Declaration of Independence moron..............

No, I asked why the ones who fight to come to America don't go to one of the other twenty-six.
I guess for the same reason the ones who struggle to go to the other twenty six countries don't struggle to go to America. What do you think?

For instance, why will they die in boatloads to get to Europe but not to America?
because they are closer to Europe?.....just a guess...anyplace is better than living in Africa.....

I have to say I don't understand the mindset that produces all these 'USA number one!' threads. Is it insecurity?

The thread wasn't meant to be a "USA Number One" thread. The thread title is a quote from 2nd Lt. Alix Schoelcher Idrache. I chose the quote to highlight his feelings about this country. A country that gave him the opportunity to, through hard work and dedication, succeed beyond anything he imagined while living in Haiti. I intended for the thread to highlight some of the things that America is. Or at least what it was. A country where, if you are willing to work hard, fight and have the tenacity and desire, you can succeed. It's worked for me...

I had also hoped, perhaps naively, that the story might inspire some civil discourse for a change. I mean what the hell? The guy, in my opinion, is inspirational... His accomplishments admirable...

I guess I'm just a "glass half full" kind of a guy...

I used to be a "glass half full" kind of girl... until I got back into politics. My mother was right, don't pay attention, it'll just wear you out she said. Mother always knows best...

The American Dream to me is knowing that my kids, my grandkids, their grandkids, will have good lives, will be free to be themselves... Simple things you would think... My family is heavily military, we've fought for freedom for three generations, since WWII fleeing Nazi Germany. Perhaps there is still some nationalistic veins in my family, a desire to believe that our country is the best in the world, the strongest, the wealthiest, the smartest... These things seem to be slipping away, and the hate... I cannot take the hate in America. Yet again I feel like I should just drop the flag, pack up, forget the blood and sweat my grand parents and parents and even husband gave for this country. I'm just too old to play these games anymore; wondering how long it'll be before the left takes everything from me, wondering how long before the right goes after my friends - wondering how long before "the individual" is taken away. I miss when we were a more united country. Now... half the people don't want to be here, a bunch shouldn't be here, and the rest just don't give a fuck. I'm tired of loving a dream that's faded, like a tattered flag that should be given a proper burial... Move somewhere else where I can simply enjoy my LGBT friends instead of constantly defending them from haters, where success is not hated and I don't have to worry about having to somehow shelter my assets every four years. $5 grand and I don't have to think about stupid shit like bathrooms... Tired, very tired. If we end up with Sander's I'm going to have to leave. Clinton, my faith in the US people is just shattered. That leaves me with Trump, pinning my hopes to pull the US out of its tailspin on Trump... I never saw that one coming. It is what it is. I'm buying property in Australia this summer...

America used to be a great country. It has since devalued itself to its present worthlessness.

Forum List

Back