go check factcheck.com! ROTFLMAO

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spillmind, Oct 6, 2004.

1. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    and get your facts straight! :laugh:

i'm gonna say what everyone is thinking, but only some will admit:

if cheney is not a truth distorting, pathological LIAR, then what exactly is he?

i doubt cheney is a man with an absent mind.

what i do find possible, is someone who spins things so that the light is always shining the right way on something, even when in your heart you know something is wrong.

and speaking of halliburton, great spin on that one, too, you ol' tricky dick! :rock:

2. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    "Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session.

The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight."

If it wasn't true, why didn't Edwards call him on it?

Additionally, I guess it's feasable that just because they were at that breakfast together doesn't mean they hung-out and talked small talk eh?

It can't be too difficult forgetting the torture of sitting next to a ninny like Edwards anyway.. :p

3. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    this spin is making even ME dizzy!

'Edwards aides also said the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied, Elizabeth Dole, to her swearing-in by Cheney in January 2003.'

the guy lies and he can't even tell the difference anymore. YOU can't even tell the difference anymore!

4. nbdysfu

nbdysfu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29

Well, hmm, it doesn't appear that there is any refutation at all of Cheney's comment on Edward's participation in the senate, so I'm guessing they don't have anything to go on.

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    If no one else will say it, I will.

Big f***ing deal.

6. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Speaking of spin, you can spin this as much as you want. It doesn't matter if John Edwards sat on Dick Cheney's lap at that prayer breakfast, when they met each other is beside the point. The point of the whole thing is John Edwards attendance record in the Senate is horrible. In fact, when you take John Edwards and John Kerry and put them together, you're looking at about a 25% attendance record in the Senate. That's three quarters of the time that these two Senators weren't there to do the job the people elected them to do. As far as Cheney remember or not remember Edwards from three years ago, must mean little Johnny didn't make much of an impression.

7. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    George Soros appropriated factcheck.com and it now points to his website. I think Cheney might be upset at that.

8. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    MY POINT EXACTLY! the guy distorts reality so much, he sent his supporters to the enemy! should tell you a little something about his 'freudian slip'! :laugh:

not that it matter all that much, but it's hilarious to listen to the bushies posting in reply saying: it doesn't matter what he said, and :gives:

when kerry saying he was actually 25 miles out of cambodia, when he wasn't exactly there was PRACTIALLY TREASON!

i'm not going to jinx anything, because i am sure the bush admin has some kind of slick trick up their sleeve... bush better need a teleprompter on friday for then to have ANY chance!

defending cheney's LIE... to make a point, when he could have just said edwards had a bad attendance... is the PERFECT example of how the man distorts the truth.

*see* it if you like, it's been laid in front of your very eyes. it doesn't get any more OBVIOUS than this.

9. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I find it funny that the libs will point to Cheney's comments here because they have no good defense for Edwards/Kerry's dismal Senate voting records and attendance..

10. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Spill

As if any of your comparisons are even remotely apt. The self-described pivotal moment of a man's life did in fact not actually happen, and that's the same as forgeting you shook a man's hand (one of hundreds that day no doubt) at some breakfast months prior? Beyond the fact that the comment itself was hyperbole to demonstrate a point, which remains true whether or not they bumped into each other over pancakes half a year ago. More over, that's what you chose to single out? Does that mean you concede every other point on which he corrected Sen. Edwards? Or is that, in your mind, just the most important moment of the entire hour and a half debate?