Go Back to what??? What are we going back to Mr. Beck???

We can never repeat the mistakes of the past.

We can only make newer, brighter, shinier mistakes....and we will. I can assure you, we will.

On Aug 28 2010, we'd heard Glen Beck and Sarah Palin telling us to "Go back" to the moral values we'd had before...

Question...

Do you want to go back?

Do you want to know where Glenn Beck would be if we'd went back.

He's a Roman Catholic; he would had never became the media mogul he is today had JFK stood up for him.

Rare Video JFK 1960 Speech at the Houston Ministers - Video

Yes, Glen Beck would be serving fries at McDonalds had we went back!!!

Where would Sarah Palin be if we were to go back?

She would be a stripper!!!

Most conservative white women would had viewed her background as being that of "trailer park trash". She would not have a right to vote, much less run for governor.

Where would she be?

In a bar, sliding down a pole; I'd would had given her a $20 bill and would be tempted to take her home, should I get past her c-section scar and bullet wounds.

Where would Ann Coulter be if we'd gone back?

She would be barefooted and pregnant with five kids. She would have two black eyes; why? Because her husband would had told her TWICE to have his supper ready for him before he'd gotten home!!!

White Americans don't get it. Civil rights efforts had helped them just as much as it'd helped other minorities. Because I know this to be true, I know that we all DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

:clap2:

Ever since the 1980s.....when ReRon Reagan started spinnin' (and, people started buyin') his fantasy-bullshit about The Good Ol' Days.....there has been a herd o' younger-people (typically, in their late-30s/mid-40s, presently).....who've reminisced about the Good Ol' '50s. These are people who have NO IDEA how fucked-up the Good Ol' '50s were!! (....And, it seems-to-have-been pretty-Universal...)

Presently, Glenn Beck is runnin' the same scam Reagan did; tryin' to come-off as some wizened-old-soul....and, all he's sellin' is a lie....to History-challenged-people who don't know any better.​

Last edited:
On Aug 28 2010, we'd heard Glen Beck and Sarah Palin telling us to "Go back" to the moral values we'd had before...

Question...

Do you want to go back?

He's a Roman Catholic; he would had never became the media mogul he is today had JFK stood up for him.

Most conservative white women would had viewed her background as being that of "trailer park trash". She would not have a right to vote, much less run for governor.

Where would she be?

In a bar, sliding down a pole; I'd would had given her a $20 bill and would be tempted to take her home, should I get past her c-section scar and bullet wounds.

She would be barefooted and pregnant with five kids. She would have two black eyes; why? Because her husband would had told her TWICE to have his supper ready for him before he'd gotten home!!!

White Americans don't get it. Civil rights efforts had helped them just as much as it'd helped other minorities. Because I know this to be true, I know that we all DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

Ever since the 1980s.....when ReRon Reagan started spinnin' (and, people started buyin') his fantasy-bullshit about The Good Ol' Days.....there has been a herd o' younger-people (typically, in their late-30s/mid-40s, presently).....who've reminisced about the Good Ol' '50s. These are people who have NO IDEA how fucked-up the Good Ol' '50s were!!

Presently, Glenn Beck is runnin' the same scam Reagan did; tryin' to come-off as some wizened-old-soul....and, all he's sellin' is a lie....to History-challenged-people who don't know any better.​

You give a thumbs up to a lie? of course you would.

Question...

Do you want to go back?

Where would she be?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

Ever since the 1980s.....when ReRon Reagan started spinnin' (and, people started buyin') his fantasy-bullshit about The Good Ol' Days.....there has been a herd o' younger-people (typically, in their late-30s/mid-40s, presently).....who've reminisced about the Good Ol' '50s. These are people who have NO IDEA how fucked-up the Good Ol' '50s were!!

.....And, you're a perfect Rep, for that History-challenged herd...... :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOBf-39t64]YouTube - George Carlin -God bless America[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q&feature=related[/ame]​

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
Not sure why encouraging people to return to values like honesty, integrity, Individual charity, accountability, humility, etc. are bad things. Nor do I see how these are difficult concepts to understand.

What part of them is confusing to you?

Leave it to you.

When people believed in something higher than themselves and had to stand on their own two feet.

personally I find the two things you mention contradictory

Faith gives many people an inner strength that can evolve into a spirt of self-reliance.

I can see this, but I still would rather people find it through themselves instead of needing crutches along the way

personally I find the two things you mention contradictory

Faith gives many people an inner strength that can evolve into a spirt of self-reliance.
It is SO contradictory its utter ignorance.

I'd like to know WHAT faith their talking about. Certainly not faith in Jesus Christ. Because any true believing Christian knows that man is NOT to rely on himself but only in Jesus Christ through whom all things are possible, Jesus provides us with life, jobs, food, whatever we earn or own. Our happiness, or joy rather. The list goes on.

These RWers have even managed to PERVERT Christianity with their hedonistic ideologies.

I blame Reagan and his message of greed is good. Today's right wing are merely whores of corporations, and will do what they're told.
These MFers don't even see the utter DESTRUCTION their platitudes cause upon themselves and everyone else. Nor do they want to.

yes its quite the crutch for people to rely on and I am not sure you can ever find true self reliance this way

.....And, you're a perfect Rep, for that History-challenged herd...... :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOBf-39t64]YouTube - George Carlin -God bless America[/ame]​

Of course you would give a thumbs up to a lie.

It is SO contradictory its utter ignorance.

I'd like to know WHAT faith their talking about. Certainly not faith in Jesus Christ. Because any true believing Christian knows that man is NOT to rely on himself but only in Jesus Christ through whom all things are possible, Jesus provides us with life, jobs, food, whatever we earn or own. Our happiness, or joy rather. The list goes on.

These RWers have even managed to PERVERT Christianity with their hedonistic ideologies.

You're taking it out of context. I assumed Lizzie was referring to not turning to the government for sustenance.

i think she was saying that people used to believe in god and that they were self reliant, and my post meant that those two are contradictory, because religious people generally give up much of their life to god instead of doing things on their own

Blu, you got it right, because relying on oneself and being a Christian do not reconcile.

However, you got it wrong if you consider relying on God, your creator and Master as a crutch, but that's not the topic if this discussion...just setting the records straight.

Carry on.

he wants a christian version of saudi arabi like the religious nutjobs tried to get accomplished a few decades ago.

Link please? Why do you assholes always Make shit up about people. When Has Beck Ever advocated a Christian Theocracy? When? Why do we have to put up with Assholes like yourself that make these ridicules claims then try and get us to prove you wrong.

Show me some fucking evidence of your wild claim that he would set up a christian nation much like Muslim Nations ruled by Sharia law? Are you implying that people who think we need to get back to our Morals want such a nation as you describe? You do know people had These morals he is talking about not 50 Years ago and WE DID not live in a CHRISTIAN theocracy at that time. You are such an ignorant ass. I assume you must be rather young.

Oh and last time I checked he was a Mormon not a Roman Catholic lol

I never said he was a catholic, but it wasn't just the catholics in control of the right wingers of the time. going back a little further it was mormons who got prohibition through and its now mormons who spend millions fighthing against things like prop 8, all in an attempt to force their morality on people. the catholics did have a choke hold in between though and certainly wanted a theocracy with forced prayers in school, public places, as well restricting what days alcohol could be sold and what times.

also the country was never "moral", abuses were simply not heard of as much due to not having TV & internet 24/7 and many of the abuses were simply unreported such as husbands beating their wives, husbands cheating, parents beating their kids, etc. Now people are smart enough to stick up for themselves and report people. You also had just as many drunks and drug addicts then, but again unreported / covered up. People are fucking stupid to think that before "liberal morality erosion" the country was some pancea

he wants a christian version of saudi arabi like the religious nutjobs tried to get accomplished a few decades ago.

Link please? Why do you assholes always Make shit up about people. When Has Beck Ever advocated a Christian Theocracy? When? Why do we have to put up with Assholes like yourself that make these ridicules claims then try and get us to prove you wrong.

Show me some fucking evidence of your wild claim that he would set up a christian nation much like Muslim Nations ruled by Sharia law? Are you implying that people who think we need to get back to our Morals want such a nation as you describe? You do know people had These morals he is talking about not 50 Years ago and WE DID not live in a CHRISTIAN theocracy at that time. You are such an ignorant ass. I assume you must be rather young.

Oh and last time I checked he was a Mormon not a Roman Catholic lol

I never said he was a catholic, but it wasn't just the catholics in control of the right wingers of the time. going back a little further it was mormons who got prohibition through and its now mormons who spend millions fighthing against things like prop 8, all in an attempt to force their morality on people. the catholics did have a choke hold in between though and certainly wanted a theocracy with forced prayers in school, public places, as well restricting what days alcohol could be sold and what times.

also the country was never "moral", abuses were simply not heard of as much due to not having TV & internet 24/7 and many of the abuses were simply unreported such as husbands beating their wives, husbands cheating, parents beating their kids, etc. Now people are smart enough to stick up for themselves and report people. You also had just as many drunks and drug addicts then, but again unreported / covered up. People are fucking stupid to think that before "liberal morality erosion" the country was some pancea

I never said he was a catholic, but it wasn't just the catholics in control of the right wingers of the time.

But the OP said he was a Catholic which is a lie so what else did the OP lie about?

Now for your comment
Are you saying that the Catholics control the right wing?

Forum List

Back