Go Back to what??? What are we going back to Mr. Beck???

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
On Aug 28 2010, we'd heard Glen Beck and Sarah Palin telling us to "Go back" to the moral values we'd had before...

Question...

Do you want to go back?

Do you want to know where Glenn Beck would be if we'd went back.

He's a Roman Catholic; he would had never became the media mogul he is today had JFK stood up for him.

Rare Video JFK 1960 Speech at the Houston Ministers - Video

Yes, Glen Beck would be serving fries at McDonalds had we went back!!!

Where would Sarah Palin be if we were to go back?

She would be a stripper!!!

Most conservative white women would had viewed her background as being that of "trailer park trash". She would not have a right to vote, much less run for governor.

Where would she be?

In a bar, sliding down a pole; I'd would had given her a $20 bill and would be tempted to take her home, should I get past her c-section scar and bullet wounds.

Where would Ann Coulter be if we'd gone back?

She would be barefooted and pregnant with five kids. She would have two black eyes; why? Because her husband would had told her TWICE to have his supper ready for him before he'd gotten home!!!

White Americans don't get it. Civil rights efforts had helped them just as much as it'd helped other minorities. Because I know this to be true, I know that we all DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

On Aug 28 2010, we'd heard Glen Beck and Sarah Palin telling us to "Go back" to the moral values we'd had before...

Question...

Do you want to go back?

Do you want to know where Glenn Beck would be if we'd went back.

He's a Roman Catholic; he would had never became the media mogul he is today had JFK stood up for him.

Rare Video JFK 1960 Speech at the Houston Ministers - Video

Yes, Glen Beck would be serving fries at McDonalds had we went back!!!

Where would Sarah Palin be if we were to go back?

She would be a stripper!!!

Most conservative white women would had viewed her background as being that of "trailer park trash". She would not have a right to vote, much less run for governor.

Where would she be?

In a bar, sliding down a pole; I'd would had given her a $20 bill and would be tempted to take her home, should I get past her c-section scar and bullet wounds.

Where would Ann Coulter be if we'd gone back?

She would be barefooted and pregnant with five kids. She would have two black eyes; why? Because her husband would had told her TWICE to have his supper ready for him before he'd gotten home!!!

White Americans don't get it. Civil rights efforts had helped them just as much as it'd helped other minorities. Because I know this to be true, I know that we all DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!

Just tell me what you want to back to.

I think they're referring the the Leave it to Beaver type America that all conservitards secretly long for.

Look, all I know is this. I don't see any part of American history that we can look back upon and honestly say, "This is where I would like to go back to".

Somebody is full of it.

Not sure why encouraging people to return to values like honesty, integrity, Individual charity, accountability, humility, etc. are bad things. Nor do I see how these are difficult concepts to understand.

What part of them is confusing to you?

he wants a christian version of saudi arabi like the religious nutjobs tried to get accomplished a few decades ago.

Not sure why encouraging people to return to values like honesty, integrity, Individual charity, accountability, humility, etc. are bad things. Nor do I see how these are difficult concepts to understand.

and at what time did america have these values?

In our current America, these are difficult concepts to understand, because we aren't instilling these values in many of our children. These are character traits, and they have to be ingrained in most people during childhood to become a part of the individual's personality. We are living in a dog-eat-dog world these days, where nothing seems to matter at the level of the individual, but we rather seem to look at the collective picture to determine success and failure. Personal responsibility doesn't count to many people anymore, unfortunately.

When people believed in something higher than themselves and had to stand on their own two feet.

When people believed in something higher than themselves and had to stand on their own two feet.

personally I find the two things you mention contradictory

I'd like to return to a time when the majority of the people thought Ameria was worth preserving; when they understood our responsibility to each other and the world to protect freedom and liberty, when people who were truthful and self-reliant were valued and touted as good examples of humanity, and when we recognized anti-social policies as harmful to the concept of freedom and restrictive to the pursuit of happiness.

personally I find the two things you mention contradictory

Faith gives many people an inner strength that can evolve into a spirt of self-reliance.

Exactly:)
Faith in man limits one's abilities to the mundane. Faith in something greater than ourselves inspires us to achieve greatness.

1. Do we not have those values now?

...if the answer is no,

2. When did we have those values?

For those who believe that modern politicians have the same level of values such as honesty, integrity, individual charity, accountability, humility, etc. as our founding fathers, then they just won't be able to grasp the point.

People had those values up until the 70s, when modern liberalism began to erode morality and it became cool to sneer at family values and integrity.

Last edited:

I think it's the part where you say "return" as though there was some imaginary Golden Age of American history where these values reigned supreme. I hate to break it to you, but there was no such Golden Age, so to ask people to "return" to values is disingenuous. To state that people should flock to those values is just as good, but perhaps does not fit well with your propagandistic world view.:eusa_whistle:

I'd like to return to a time when the majority of the people thought Ameria was worth preserving; when they understood our responsibility to each other and the world to protect freedom and liberty,
Up until the 1960's, a good portion of the population was denied those rights. What time would you be referring to?
when people who were truthful and self-reliant were valued and touted as good examples of humanity,
Self reliant so that what, if a great depression came along, those formerly self-reliant people were utterly screwed? Social Darwinism?
and when we recognized anti-social policies as harmful to the concept of freedom and restrictive to the pursuit of happiness.
This time you speak of when we didn't have anti-social policies harmful to the concept of freedom was when? Was it the time before JFK when Catholics were looked on with suspicion of being loyal to a foreign power (The Vatican)? Was it when segregation was legal? Is this time you speak of when WASPs had no restrictions and could do whatever they wanted basically at the expense of minorities?

What time was that?

Forum List

Back