GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

Lol. I don’t know how that happened.

It’s supposed to read “…according to this guy.”
Why should I listen to "this guy" ?

I don't take Twitter posts seriously no matter who posts them

The Prius is not the same as the new Nissans

The Prius has 2 separate drivetrains one for the electric and one for the gasoline.

The Nissan only has an electric drivetrain. The ICE engine of the Nissan can be tuned to run much more efficiently because it doesn't have to meet variable power demands as the ICE engine in the Prius does.

A Prius is a hybrid gas electric vehicle. Just like what you describe. The roles the engines play in each car is irrelevant. Either the car is all gas, all electric, or a hybrid.

Last edited:
A Prius is a hybrid gas electric vehicle. Just like what you describe.
No it doesn't

The Prius has parallel drivetrain system that switches between electric and ICE.

The Nisan only has an electric drivetrain and the ICE is not used to power the wheels at all it is only used to charge the battery and because it is only used to charge the battery the engine can be tuned to run more efficiently because it dos not have to supply a variable power output.

No it doesn't
The Prius has parallel drivetrain system that switches between electric and ICE.

The Nisan only has an electric drivetrain and the ICE is not used to power the wheels at all it is only used to charge the battery and because it is only used to charge the battery the engine can be tuned to run more efficiently because it dos not have to supply a variable power output.
Are you talking about the Nissan Leaf? It is purely electric. It has no ICE. The Chevrolet Bolt had an ICE connected solely to a generator to charge the battery. That might be the model you were thinking about. Unless you were talking about some other Nissan model I'm unaware of.

Why should I listen to "this guy" ?

I don't take Twitter posts seriously no matter who posts them
You don’t have to, however he’s considered an expert by many. He is a best selling author, so not just a Joe Blow.

He does make a number of valid points.

No it doesn't

Are you talking about the Nissan Leaf? It is purely electric. It has no ICE. The Chevrolet Bolt had an ICE connected solely to a generator to charge the battery. That might be the model you were thinking about. Unless you were talking about some other Nissan model I'm unaware of.
No.

The Nissan cars with this system are not available in the US.

No it doesn't

OMG are you this stupid?

Does this fucking car burn gas and also use electrical power? If so it's a fucking hybrid. A "dual powertrain" is not required.

OMG are you this stupid?

Does this fucking car burn gas and also use electrical power? If so it's a fucking hybrid. A "dual powertrain" is not required.
From Wikipedia's article on hybrid vehicle powertrains:

A diesel–electric powertrain [eg from a locomotive] fails the definition of hybrid because the electric drive transmission directly replaces the mechanical transmission rather than being a supplementary source of motive power.

A diesel–electric powertrain [eg from a locomotive] fails the definition of hybrid because the electric drive transmission directly replaces the mechanical transmission rather than being a supplementary source of motive power.
The prime mover in a diesel–electric locomotive is the diesel engine.

In a diesel-electric locomotive, the prime mover is the diesel engine that rotates the main generator responsible for producing electricity to power the traction motors that are geared to the drivers. The prime mover can also be a gas turbine instead of a diesel engine.

A train is not a hybrid. A train does not use a battery for power at any time. A train uses a diesel engine to power electric motors that drive the wheels.

God damn you need to study WTF you're talking about.

Last edited:
A train is not a hybrid. A train does not use a battery for power at any time. A train uses a diesel engine to power electric motors that drive the wheels.

God damn you need to study WTF you're talking about.
You missed the point. The definition of hybrid IS that parallel drivetrain. An engine spinning a generator to drive motors spinning the wheels is not a hybrid drivetrain. It's the battery (the use and the charging) that requires that parallel train.

You missed the point. The definition of hybrid IS that parallel drivetrain. An engine spinning a generator to drive motors spinning the wheels is not a hybrid drivetrain. It's the battery (the use and the charging) that requires that parallel train.

The US does not sell any vehicles as you describe. They are either all gas, all electric, or hybrids like the Prius. No electric vehicle has a transmission, so any that has an engine has to have an actual transmission.

Last edited:
OMG are you this stupid?

The difference matters IDIOT.

The ICE engine of the Nissan E power cars can be tuned to run at almost 60% thermal efficiency because it only has to operate in a very narrow power band.

No hybrid with a parallel drive system can tune the ICE to that efficiency.

The difference matters IDIOT.

The ICE engine of the Nissan E power cars can be tuned to run at almost 60% thermal efficiency because it only has to operate in a very narrow power band.

No hybrid with a parallel drive system can tune the ICE to that efficiency.

I don't give a fuck about the power band, or the thermal efficiency. IF the fucking car uses gas and electricity its a fucking hybrid. Here learn something moron.

A hybrid car has both a gas engine and an electric motor

I don't give a fuck about the power band, or the thermal efficiency. IF the fucking car uses gas and electricity its a fucking hybrid. Here learn something moron.

Your linked source says you're wrong:

Hybrid cars have combustion engines like gas cars and will switch between the combustion engine and the additional electric motor based on the driving speed and conditions. At lower speeds, a hybrid vehicle typically runs on its electric battery. The hybrid's internal computer system tells the vehicle to switch to gas when you accelerate.

Show me where
The US does not sell any vehicles as you describe. They are either all gas, all electric, or hybrids like the Prius. No electric vehicle has a transmission, so any that has an engine has to have an actual transmission.
No shit Sherlock I already mentioned that these cars are not available in the US.

And I never said the E power was NOT a hybrid I said it is not like the Prius which has a parallel drive system

Forum List

Back