GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

You let ME know when the TIME it takes to charge an EV is the same amount of time it takes to refuel a gas car.

Because if you're sitting for 7 or 8 hours waiting to charge and it takes me 10 minutes to refuel and be gone, I'll be 600 miles ahead of you down the road when you're unplugging your EV to go again. That cheap cost won't look so cheap when you're making zero progress down the road and I'm 3 states over.

Not to mention my gas car cost me 20000, your EV cost 3 times as much. It'll take a WHOLE LOTTA GAS to equal the 40,000 dollars more you spent on your car than I did on mine. And in 10 years, mine will still go down the road just fine, Yours will be dead needing a new battery that cost more than the car.
To say nothing of the fact that Battery Electric buses will not work for two full 8+ hour shifts IN ONE DAY, especially in the cold weather, and especially where there is considerable mileage involved.

Since EV's have to use electricity to create heat to heat the cabin, they will NEVER get advertised mileage in winter. Not to mention, cold weather reduces battery capacity anyway. But in an ICE engine, heat costs nothing. There is an abundance of it under the hood.

Since EV's have to use electricity to create heat to heat the cabin, they will NEVER get advertised mileage in winter. Not to mention, cold weather reduces battery capacity anyway. But in an ICE engine, heat costs nothing. There is an abundance of it under the hood.
Yeah, so much that you have to constantly pump water (read: 'work') through an air-cooled radiator (read: 'drag') to get rid of it.

Who the fuck cares? Sit for 8 hours and charge and I'm gone in 10 minutes.
Yeah, I was about to say, SO what? I've driven hybrid buses in winter weather and I have to tell you, they suck eggs when it comes to traction and stopping ability. This is the reason why I will never, and I mean NEVER drive a hybrid or BE bus in the Winter. Fortunately for me, electric buses don't run out of the station I work at. The fleet there is around 80/20 diesel to diesel-hybrid.

Yeah, so much that you have to constantly pump water (read: 'work') through an air-cooled radiator (read: 'drag') to get rid of it.

But you can recharge it in minutes. Not hours.

DURRRRRR

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
Until you try to tow a work trailer or camper

You people need to realize that any EV has a larger carbon footprint for the production process than an ICE vehicle and that there is a point based on the size of the vehicle where an EV becomes the greener option overall BUT the larger the vehicle the longer it takes to reach the point where the EV actually beats the ICE for total emissions.

For example

Your average compact EV will hit that tipping point in about 15K miles where as a full size Suburban won't hit that tipping point until almost 100K miles.

So all these electric pickups and full size SUVs ain't really going to do much to reduce emissions

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
No wonder you Dims are so stupid. You believe any and everything you read.

as people find the charging times too inadequate, the dealerships will be eating all their inventories and moving back to ice vehicles quickly.
we are doing the transition from ICE to EV all wrong.

Nissan has the right idea with their new hybrids.

A small highly efficient ICE engine is used to keep the battery pack of the car charged and that allows for a smaller battery, reduced vehicle weight and a significant reduction in gasoline use and emissions not to mention no need to build a nationwide infrastructure of charging stations.

These cars are already in use overseas but not here in the US because we as usual will forgo the good for the perfect and fail.

A small highly efficient ICE engine is used to keep the battery pack of the car charged and that allows for a smaller battery, reduced vehicle weight and a significant reduction in gasoline use and emissions not to mention no need to build a nationwide infrastructure of charging stations.

These cars are already in use overseas but not here in the US because we as usual will forgo the good for the perfect and fail.
EVs are dumb according to guy spells.

Um, you do realize the Prius has been around for quite some time, right?

The only problem is the start-stop technology in these engines is killing them. Scotty Kilmer said he's seen tons of these start stop cars come through his shop burning oil like a heat lamp. Turns out, 90% of engine wear occurs at startup. Well, these engines have far more startups than most engines do, so they are wearing out much earlier than expected.

Um, you do realize the Prius has been around for quite some time, right?

The only problem is the start-stop technology in these engines is killing them. Scotty Kilmer said he's seen tons of these start stop cars come through his shop burning oil like a heat lamp. Turns out, 90% of engine wear occurs at startup. Well, these engines have far more startups than most engines do, so they are wearing out much earlier than expected.
The Prius is not the same as the new Nissans

The Prius has 2 separate drivetrains one for the electric and one for the gasoline.

The Nissan only has an electric drivetrain. The ICE engine of the Nissan can be tuned to run much more efficiently because it doesn't have to meet variable power demands as the ICE engine in the Prius does.

Forum List

Back