GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

How about apartment-dwelling construction workers?

No charger available at home.

No charger available at a place that is still being built.

Up to 160 miles of daily commuting to and from a construction site, carrying hundreds of pounds of tools.

When am I supposed to have time to charge my EV, and how am I supposed to fit all my tools into a vehicle the size of a VW Beetle?
I guess you're not but, hey, its your call. As to what sort of vehicles are for sale, that's their call.

Whose call?

Why shouldn't it be MY call to choose the vehicle that is appropriate for my needs?
I’m f the government can you tax you for not purchasing health insurance, they can tax you for not buying an EV.

Of course it’s politically easier for them to set unreasonable mileage requirements than to do that.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
For a mere $75-80,000 you can be recharging every 200 miles of towing anything.

I would say that the limit isn't even 150 miles. A you tuber already did the experiment with a camper. I've posted it in here before.

Then, in order to get a refueling in, they have to let it charge for hours. How fking stupid are these fkers?

Beyond a certain point I don't think range is the answer to range anxiety. We have no problem getting in a car with 30 miles worth of gasoline in it to make a 2 mile trip to the grocery store. What's needed is charging stations as common as gas stations.

Beyond a certain point I don't think range is the answer to range anxiety. We have no problem getting in a car with 30 miles worth of gasoline in it to make a 2 mile trip to the grocery store. What's needed is charging stations as common as gas stations.
so, your complete lack of intelligence continues to show. How long to fill a tank with gas? maybe five minutes? How long to charge a car to get home? maybe one hour? And you still don't get it. It isn't the fking range you fkwad. My god your complete ignorance is such a devotion for you. It's charge time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fk, one can't fix your kind of stupid.

We also need to be able to refuel/recharge at a rational rate. If we are going on a long road trip, beyond the range of the vehicle, then we need to be able to top up that vehicle quickly, and continue on our way.

That just isn't going to happen any time soon with an EV.

We also need to be able to refuel/recharge at a rational rate. If we are going on a long road trip, beyond the range of the vehicle, then we need to be able to top up that vehicle quickly, and continue on our way.

That just isn't going to happen any time soon with an EV.
There are some points moving in that direction, but nothing apparently significant. As I was writing the bit above I began to wonder if the construction of tens of thousands of charging stations might lock us into EVs the way tens of thousands of gas stations have tended to lock us into gasoline. It certainly seems that hydrogen combustion or hydrogen fuel cell is the way to go in the long run but what will it do to progress in that direction to have spent billions building charging stations?

How about this fantasy: fusion power is fully realized and electricity costs almost nothing. Cars are driven by electric motors powered by smart inductive systems built into the roadways or into your driveway or garage. Your car never runs out of power - as long as it stays on the 'grid'. Offroaders could use larger batteries at their own expense.

There are some points moving in that direction, but nothing apparently significant. As I was writing the bit above I began to wonder if the construction of tens of thousands of charging stations might lock us into EVs the way tens of thousands of gas stations have tended to lock us into gasoline. It certainly seems that hydrogen combustion or hydrogen fuel cell is the way to go in the long run but what will it do to progress in that direction to have spent billions building charging stations?

How about this fantasy: fusion power is fully realized and electricity costs almost nothing. Cars are driven by electric motors powered by smart inductive systems built into the roadways or into your driveway or garage. Your car never runs out of power - as long as it stays on the 'grid'. Offroaders could use larger batteries at their own expense.
Why do you enjoy making humans suffer

1670463054497.png

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`

It's NOT the actual vehicle we have a problem with................it's the lack of FORESIGHT and hard wiring the economic system in this country years BEFORE attempting a switchover from gas to electrics.

It takes MORE coal, natural gas, and oil to create enough electricity to power these vehicles, than it would if they had adapted the entire electricity infrastructure a few years BEFORE putting EV's on the market. And even now, with the few EV's that are on the roads, they are creating havoc with power sources.

The whole thing was done ASS BACKWARDS!! THATS the problem we have with this whole situation.

Besides all that..............EV's are just HIDEOUSLY FUGLY AS SIN!!!!
If I'm going to put out THAT much money for a barbiemobile.............it better fucking LOOK GOOD!!!!
And I have yet to see one worth buying!!!

Well.................kinda, sorta that is.

So far, I like this Buick.............I love Buicks anyway, and this design is enticing. Even with that being said, I still wouldn't buy one.
But this Buick is halfway there as far as looks and style goes!!!!

Last edited:
It's NOT the actual vehicle we have a problem with................it's the lack of FORESIGHT and hard wiring the economic system in this country years BEFORE attempting a switchover from gas to electrics.

It takes MORE coal, natural gas, and oil to create enough electricity to power these vehicles, than it would if they had adapted the entire electricity infrastructure a few years BEFORE putting EV's on the market. And even now, with the few EV's that are on the roads, they are creating havoc with power sources.

The whole thing was done ASS BACKWARDS!! THATS the problem we have with this whole situation.

If I'm going to put out THAT much money for a barbiemobile.............it better fucking LOOK GOOD!!!!

So far, I like this Buick.............I love Buicks anyway, and this design is enticing. Even with that being said, I still wouldn't buy one.

Demofks are far too stupid to understand your post. It’s not in their program documents

Not to change the subject, well yes I am since I am in that sector. How do you address the 8 hour charge limit for electric buses when they have to be in service a MINIMUM of 16 hours per day?
Is the answer pray?

Because as batteries age it is likely that charge times will increase over time and their drain time will likely decrease.

Not to change the subject, well yes I am since I am in that sector. How do you address the 8 hour charge limit for electric buses when they have to be in service a MINIMUM of 16 hours per day?
no way can a bus drive 16 hours on one charge, no fking way in the universe.

oh and the killa thing about the EV car? Is if you use the radio, heat the car, or air condition the car, use the headlights, your drive time diminishes greatly. Experience my wife just had with one is a 300 mile range car only made 150 on a 96% charge because they needed heat, charged a mobile phone, was playing the radio and the lights were on. demofks are fking walking zombies of stupid.

you let ME know when the COST of fueling the Gas car is as low (and clean) as the EV charge cost.
LOL, Demented Cvmstain.

`

You let ME know when the TIME it takes to charge an EV is the same amount of time it takes to refuel a gas car.

Because if you're sitting for 7 or 8 hours waiting to charge and it takes me 10 minutes to refuel and be gone, I'll be 600 miles ahead of you down the road when you're unplugging your EV to go again. That cheap cost won't look so cheap when you're making zero progress down the road and I'm 3 states over.

Not to mention my gas car cost me 20000, your EV cost 3 times as much. It'll take a WHOLE LOTTA GAS to equal the 40,000 dollars more you spent on your car than I did on mine. And in 10 years, mine will still go down the road just fine, Yours will be dead needing a new battery that cost more than the car.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back