GM suspends Volt production again

Why would any real American want an auto that gets us more interdependent from imported fossil fuel to fail? Are there really so big a Klan of scumbags amongst us?

Because it's a stupid fucking idea.. which of course is why you embrace it so.

Why would any real American want an auto that gets us more interdependent from imported fossil fuel to fail? Are there really so big a Klan of scumbags amongst us?

The only reason we are dependent on imported fuels is because morons have made it take an act of God to tap into our own. And as for the Volt... Some of us want our vehicles to go further than that failed technology allows.

Not at all a failed technology, just a very expensive one at present. As the ICE was for the first 20 years of it's existance as a technology.

The EV will be the future in personel transportation. For two reasons. First, as the battery technology gets better, it will be cheaper to build than the ICE's, second, the homeowner can provide his own fuel with a set of solar panels, as well as power his home.

And there is a third advantage as well. As the technology build better and higher energy density batteries, as the vehicles begin to store 100+ kwh of energy, that will serve as an emergency backup for powering one's home in the event of a failure of the grid.

well so far not holding my breath.....how many batteries would you need to carry to take a 500 mile one day trip.......?

not to mention we get about half of our electricity from COAL.....and since Obama doesn't like coal.....how does he propose to charge up all those car batteries......windmills....?

Last edited:
Sorry - I own/tow a boat and a camper. I also require 4-wheel drive and Horsepower when I travel off road into remote areas to hunt, camp and fish.

A sissy-assed Prius, Volt or "Impala" doesn't do it for a man.

Sorry.

You limp-wristed Libberhoid pussies can line up to buy those GM pieces of shit.

No, the technology is not yet where it can provide the vehicle that you or I need to do those things. However, the only advance that is needed now is an adaquete battery.

For they already have hub motors that would work far better in four wheel drive units that the present mechanical units. And the large pickups and vans have a vast amount of room underneath and in the engine compartment for the batteries. Enough that it is not unreasonable to foresee a retrofit on a large van that would give it a 1000 mile range with energy provided by the same solar panels that would power one's home.

However, I do have to point out something here. Driving a very large gas hog on daily chores, I assume you are not living 50 miles out in the boondocks, is a rather silly thing to do. You would actually save money by purchasing a small older gas sipping vehicle for your normal daily chores. If driving a monster big wheeled pickup in an urban setting is your substitute for ego, then you have other problems.

The only reason we are dependent on imported fuels is because morons have made it take an act of God to tap into our own. And as for the Volt... Some of us want our vehicles to go further than that failed technology allows.

Not at all a failed technology, just a very expensive one at present. As the ICE was for the first 20 years of it's existance as a technology.

The EV will be the future in personel transportation. For two reasons. First, as the battery technology gets better, it will be cheaper to build than the ICE's, second, the homeowner can provide his own fuel with a set of solar panels, as well as power his home.

And there is a third advantage as well. As the technology build better and higher energy density batteries, as the vehicles begin to store 100+ kwh of energy, that will serve as an emergency backup for powering one's home in the event of a failure of the grid.

well so far not holding my breath.....how many batteries would you need to carry to take a 500 mile one day trip.......?

not to mention we get about half of our electricity from COAL.....and since Obama doesn't like coal.....how does he propose to charge up all those car batteries......windmills....?

Hmmm......... A problem with reading comprehension?

so the people who bought the prius and were considered so evolved from the left are now not helping their own country? the only thing dems agree about this country is that people dont hate it enuff.

Not that I agree with Rocks all that much, but he is right, IMO.

Many, rather, most middle class families have more than one car. Keep the big one for the trips and used the hybrid for commuting and running errands around town. It's no different than folks choosing to get economy cars back in the 70s and 80s. The nice thing is, that was consumer-created demand and automotive responding to demand, like it should work.

What is distasteful is the government getting involved in the market like this.

not at all....since Obama's solar panels failed......i'm guessing he's going for windmills.....

Red_car_with_windmill_extended.13802708_std.jpg

what were u saying when people were buying the prius and saving the planet? were they scumbags or heroes for saving the planet?

That's the funny part Obama has closed like 13 coal mines I think and if we all did own electric cars how would the batteries be charged without a tripling of coal output? Its absurd

You mean electricity?

I mean the heavy boxes that hold it.

You can thank the Pentagon for wanting to keep our fuel while we burn others.

That would be Obama.

not at all....since Obama's solar panels failed......i'm guessing he's going for windmills.....

Red_car_with_windmill_extended.13802708_std.jpg

Fucking dumb!!!

Lucintel

Lucintel’s Analysis of Global Solar Photovoltaic Market: Market to Reach US $105 Billion by the End of 2016
. .Lucintel logo

Irving, TX (PRWEB) July 18, 2012

In calendar year 2010, total worldwide solar photovoltaic (PV) system installations topped 16,568 MW with a value of US $75 billion. The market is anticipated to grow to 33,600 MW in 2016 with a 14% CAGR over the next five years. The cumulative installation is expected to reach 190,800 MW by the end of 2016, with a value of approximately US $105 billion representing a CAGR of 28% during 2011–2016.

The solar industry is doing very well, with an expansion rate that most industries envy. But, like any rapidly evolving technology, some players will fail as they fail to keep up with the technology, or bet on the wrong technology. Just think back to the early days of computers.

You mean electricity?

Hmmmm...... And just how light do you think a big block engine and heavy duty transmission is? Gasoline is 8 lbs a gallon, so a large tank, or tanks, on a pickup or van add up to a lot of pounds.

A very expensive technology that the Taxpayers need not be subsidizing. There is no reason the Volt needs to be on an assembly line, until it is a viable replacement to a gasoline engined car, in terms of range, and refueling times. And as was mentioned earlier... EV's don't do well pulling trailers, and going out into the woods for extended periods of time. If anything EV's are currently a "look at me" feel good solution to urban clowns who have a need to profess to their friends and coworkers their "do good" attitude towards being green... Forgetting that they are in many cases burdening a fossil fueled power plant to recharge their one dimensional answer to saving the Environment.

Well Dick.

Make one that can carry a lunch box and tools............

A very expensive technology that the Taxpayers need not be subsidizing. There is no reason the Volt needs to be on an assembly line, until it is a viable replacement to a gasoline engined car, in terms of range, and refueling times. And as was mentioned earlier... EV's don't do well pulling trailers, and going out into the woods for extended periods of time. If anything EV's are currently a "look at me" feel good solution to urban clowns who have a need to profess to their friends and coworkers their "do good" attitude towards being green... Forgetting that they are in many cases burdening a fossil fueled power plant to recharge their one dimensional answer to saving the Environment.
^^^ That is the point.

You mean electricity?

Hmmmm...... And just how light do you think a big block engine and heavy duty transmission is? Gasoline is 8 lbs a gallon, so a large tank, or tanks, on a pickup or van add up to a lot of pounds.

I have a pickup truck that can go far more than 200 miles between fill ups... My MPG sucks, but I can still get back on the road in a matter of minutes, and the technology has been around for quite some time, so reliability is not an issue. I can pull a trailer, and I can go into the country without fear of needing a place to plug into when the batteries get low.

Is it now? The Ford C-Max Hybrid get 47 town, 47 highway, at $25K. And the present plan is for a plug in version next year. Again, that makes the real cost of a home solar system payback time far lower as you are not only powering your home, but also part of your transportation costs. And last I saw, the government had no part in financing the manufacture of the C-Max.

Mower, chainsaw, blower, whatever the power tool, you want power choose gas over electric. A gas engine is smaller, lighter, more powerful than an electric engine. However we must develop new technologies for the future of this planet. Simply saying one is better than the other at this time is short-sighted.

Forum List

Back