GM sales up 40 percent

GM has been giving steep discounts on their vehicles. When that stops lets see how many vehicles they sell.

Isn't it still a profit?

If they were giving steep discounts...they would show a loss

Yes, it is still a profit.... but they were giving steep discount.

Now remember, according to you liberals, Corporations can "cook" the books... so don't count on these numbers continuing. I hope they do, but I am not counting on it.

Still hoping for the economy to fail I see...

Good luck to you

I am not buying a GM. GM was in massive debt cause they made a shitty products and over compensated the unions.. I didn't vote to bail them out, but I did anyway and the US taxpayer will never see a dime of their money.

Au Contraire mon ami.

The government INVESTED in GM. They own stock in the company.

When that stock has appreciated sufficiently, the government will sell it to private investors, just like they did with the bank stock that they bought, and made a profit on when sold.

The fact that GM is now profitable again shows us that this will be the case.

GM has paid back $5.8b. already. I fail to see how that is not a "dime" repaid.

The GM 3800 engine is one of the best engines ever put into a passenger car.

GM DID die, that is basically what bankruptcy is.

Failing to support them at this point is hurting your local economy. Most dealers are independently owned and contribute huge sums to local schools and other organizations.

Many of us within the local dealership network are just as mad as you about how we got here and what the government did. All we can do is work hard going forward. Everyday I think about my responsibility to make sure this gets paid back ASAP.

Unless I am mistaken it was revealed that the money GM "paid back" was borrowed from another tarp fund. so to me that equates to not a dime paid back, if you borrow money from me and then borrow some more to pay back the first then you haven't paid me back.. I think.

The original loan is paid. They refinanced basically. People will usually do that because of more favorable terms and conditions. Smart money move. A lot of complaining from folks who would be better served at this point if GM emerges from the loan more quickly. That means being smart with the money you have been allowed to use.

As for the baseless claim that steep discounts were being usedon GM vehicles, the current pricing and rebate structure is not at a historic steep discount or even close. Your making things up. Most of the discounts used are a result of industry competition.

Kinida hard to take numbers from GM very seriously.

After all. This is the same company that said they payed back the loan. Of course they payed it back with TARP money. Ah well. Why let the truth get in the way of a good lie.

This is the same company, with Barry Boys assistance, that hosed the bond holders, shareholders and anyone who had money invested in GM. The new CEO, with absolutely no experience in cars, a good buddy of Barry Boys, now has his cushy job.

I don't think I will believe any numbers coming out of GM.

Last edited:
but the best thing is the product you buy lasts and lasts and lasts.. when you pay good money for a Toyota you know you have a good automobile.

Well THAT is a reasonable argument. If you feel that Toyota makes a more reliable product than GM, then by all means buy Toyota.

I won't begrudge you the right to buy what you believe to be the best car.

Of course, you may want to go lightly on the accelerator. LOL.

After all. This is the same company that said they payed back the loan. Of course they payed it back with TARP money. Ah well. Why let the truth get in the way of a good lie.

This is the same company, with Barry Boys assistance, that hosed the bond holders, shareholders and anyone who had money invested in GM.

I don't think I will believe any numbers they are putting out. Jeeze.

TARP money that bought shares of GM. Therefore they paid the loan back with investment capital, just like any other corporation would do.

Now, again, once the stocks rise to the point where the government will either break even or make a profit on their sale, they can sell them off and make all that money back, with a bit extra if they're smart about it.

Just like they did with the banks.

Last edited:

This is the same company, with Barry Boys assistance, that hosed the bond holders, shareholders and anyone who had money invested in GM. The new CEO, with absolutely no experience in cars, a good buddy of Barry Boys, now has his cushy job.

I don't think I will believe any numbers coming out of GM.

Prove what you say.

GM has paid back $5.8b. already. I fail to see how that is not a "dime" repaid.

The GM 3800 engine is one of the best engines ever put into a passenger car.

GM DID die, that is basically what bankruptcy is.

Failing to support them at this point is hurting your local economy. Most dealers are independently owned and contribute huge sums to local schools and other organizations.

Many of us within the local dealership network are just as mad as you about how we got here and what the government did. All we can do is work hard going forward. Everyday I think about my responsibility to make sure this gets paid back ASAP.

Unless I am mistaken it was revealed that the money GM "paid back" was borrowed from another tarp fund. so to me that equates to not a dime paid back, if you borrow money from me and then borrow some more to pay back the first then you haven't paid me back.. I think.

The original loan is paid. They refinanced basically. People will usually do that because of more favorable terms and conditions. Smart money move. A lot of complaining from folks who would be better served at this point if GM emerges from the loan more quickly. That means being smart with the money you have been allowed to use.

As for the baseless claim that steep discounts were being usedon GM vehicles, the current pricing and rebate structure is not at a historic steep discount or even close. Your making things up. Most of the discounts used are a result of industry competition.

I didn't make the discount claim. I made the claim they borrowed more money to pay the money they owed us so they still owe us.. a lot.

I understand it was not you for the second comment Willow. I wish you could know the true depth of my anger over the government granting the loans prior to bankruptcy. That money was truly a bad bad decision. Then GM should still have been allowed to sink or swim on their own. No government bailouts!

I didn't make the discount claim. I made the claim they borrowed more money to pay the money they owed us so they still owe us.. a lot.

But, again, we own shares of GM in return for the money.

Since GM is profitable, it indicates that our investment is a good one, and will pay off in the end.

That is why this is such good news.

but the best thing is the product you buy lasts and lasts and lasts.. when you pay good money for a Toyota you know you have a good automobile.

Well THAT is a reasonable argument. If you feel that Toyota makes a more reliable product than GM, then by all means buy Toyota.

I won't begrudge you the right to buy what you believe to be the best car.

Of course, you may want to go lightly on the accelerator. LOL.

Funny how we hear NOTHING about that problem anymore. Just a congress and media hyped incident.

Since GM is profitable, it indicates that our investment is a good one, and will pay off in the end.

My problem with it is the government should not pick winners and losers in the economy.

I understand it was not you for the second comment Willow. I wish you could know the true depth of my anger over the government granting the loans prior to bankruptcy. That money was truly a bad bad decision. Then GM should still have been allowed to sink or swim on their own. No government bailouts!

What ticks me off the very most is the way they stole the dealerships. I watched the hearings in DC.. It was heartbreaking. They actually stole people's bussiness' right out from under them.. I will never buy another GM. The whole thing just reeks.

I hear you,, I really hear you, but you know what? I don't want to make a profit off the misery of the people who got their asses kicked and their livelihoods stolen when this deal went down.and it was done to buy union votes. I find no pleasure in it.. NONE.

Forum List

Back