GM sales up 40 percent

DETROIT — General Motors said Monday it earned $865 million in the first quarter, its first profit since 2007, after last year’s government-sponsored bankruptcy allowed the carmaker to wipe away many of its longstanding burdens.

G.M. said revenue was up 40 percent, to $31.5 billion, and it had positive cash flow of $1 billion.

The results show that G.M. is on track to become a public company again as soon as the fourth quarter, allowing the government to recover more of the billions of dollars it spent preventing G.M.’s collapse.

G.M. Earns $865 Million as Quarter Quarterly Sales Rise 40% - NYTimes.com

Great news

Shows our investment in the company is paying off and we should even show a profit for having faith in GM.

Bad news for those who wanted GM to fold

DETROIT — General Motors said Monday it earned $865 million in the first quarter, its first profit since 2007, after last year’s government-sponsored bankruptcy allowed the carmaker to wipe away many of its longstanding burdens.

G.M. said revenue was up 40 percent, to $31.5 billion, and it had positive cash flow of $1 billion.

The results show that G.M. is on track to become a public company again as soon as the fourth quarter, allowing the government to recover more of the billions of dollars it spent preventing G.M.’s collapse.

G.M. Earns $865 Million as Quarter Quarterly Sales Rise 40% - NYTimes.com

Becoming a public company again? Don't you mean a private company?

Some people are too stupid for words, but in your case I'll make an exception.

GM has been giving steep discounts on their vehicles. When that stops lets see how many vehicles they sell.

So you think its ok to claim shit and then never prove what you claim?

This is why you are seen as a complete failure here on this site

GM has been giving steep discounts on their vehicles. When that stops lets see how many vehicles they sell.

Isn't it still a profit?

If they were giving steep discounts...they would show a loss

GM has paid back $5.8b. already. I fail to see how that is not a "dime" repaid.

The GM 3800 engine is one of the best engines ever put into a passenger car.

GM DID die, that is basically what bankruptcy is.

Failing to support them at this point is hurting your local economy. Most dealers are independently owned and contribute huge sums to local schools and other organizations.

Many of us within the local dealership network are just as mad as you about how we got here and what the government did. All we can do is work hard going forward. Everyday I think about my responsibility to make sure this gets paid back ASAP.

Unless I am mistaken it was revealed that the money GM "paid back" was borrowed from another tarp fund. so to me that equates to not a dime paid back, if you borrow money from me and then borrow some more to pay back the first then you haven't paid me back.. I think.

Prove what you claim

Read:

Still Government Motors - Forbes.com

Fair Game - At G.M., Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash - NYTimes.com

From November 2009:

GM Plans to Repay U.S. Loan - WSJ.com

In case you can't read:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaS2SymjQ4]YouTube - How The Hell Did GM Pay Back Its Loans "in Full And Ahead of Schedule"? Well, It Didn't.[/ame]

Oh, and the FTC isn't thrilled with GM either:

GM's pay back ads draw formal complaint - The Oakland Press Business: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

Isn't it still a profit?

If they were giving steep discounts...they would show a loss

Yes, it is still a profit.... but they were giving steep discount.

Now remember, according to you liberals, Corporations can "cook" the books... so don't count on these numbers continuing. I hope they do, but I am not counting on it.

Failing to support them at this point is hurting your local economy. Most dealers are independently owned and contribute huge sums to local schools and other organizations.

Many of us within the local dealership network are just as mad as you about how we got here and what the government did. All we can do is work hard going forward. Everyday I think about my responsibility to make sure this gets paid back ASAP.

Unless I am mistaken it was revealed that the money GM "paid back" was borrowed from another tarp fund. so to me that equates to not a dime paid back, if you borrow money from me and then borrow some more to pay back the first then you haven't paid me back.. I think.

Prove what you claim

Read:

From November 2009:

In case you can't read:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaS2SymjQ4]YouTube - How The Hell Did GM Pay Back Its Loans "in Full And Ahead of Schedule"? Well, It Didn't.[/ame]

GM's pay back ads draw formal complaint - The Oakland Press Business: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

That video was great.

Prove what you claim

Read:

From November 2009:

In case you can't read:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I really think some people really do like being blinded and led by the nose to their preconceived stances... they want SO bad to have praise given to Obama, that the truthfulness of it really means nothing

Now here's the real deal.. You could post this information from now til a hundred years from now and the libruls would still say "prove what you claim" they are willfully stamped with "stupid" right on their wittle foreheads.

Good news for the economy is bad news for reblundercans and conservatives.

Why do you people hate America so much?

Actually, there is no problem in that line of thinking. The car parts are manufactured and assembled here in the US. The South is quite gainfully employed by foreign car companies looking for inexpensive labor to assemble its vehicles. Once the vehicles are assembled, they're shipped to US Auto Dealers. *The only thing that's made in Japan are the executives and the profit goes back to Japan instead of the US.* Foreign auto companies pay almost as much as US ones do and employ roughly about the same amount of people in the US. All in all, it's a pretty good deal.

Note the part bolded.

Worker salaries make up a very small amount of the revenue of an Auto company. That means that the vast majority of the money earned from Toyota is going overseas.

And executive salaries are huge in relation to worker's salaries.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back