GM sales up 40 percent

Funny how we hear NOTHING about that problem anymore. Just a congress and media hyped incident.

Err, that's because the cars were recalled and the problem was fixed.

And Toyota paid a massive fine.

Problem solved. Time to move on I guess.

Funny how we hear NOTHING about that problem anymore. Just a congress and media hyped incident.

it was all about extracting the money and revenge.. we punish success in this country.. yep time to move on to the next demon,, that would be BP

My problem with it is the government should not pick winners and losers in the economy.

Sure, I can see that. I disagree in this case, as I fear the effects of GM going under would have been catastrophic for some regions of our nation, but I see your point.

Though all the other car companies seem to be doing fine. Ford is doing great for example.

So it would seem that no-one is losing here.

You can question the methods, and I respect your position on that, but the end result seems to be a good one.

Of course, I'm an optimist. Who knows? The whole thing could fall apart tomorrow and we'll all be in the hole.

Can't fix an electrical or computer problem with a wedge. Nobody's got their fingers crossed more than Toyota on that one.

Do any of these cons realise we could not have won the WW without the help of domestic manufacturers like GM ?

Would you want a foriegn owned company building your war machine?

it was all about extracting the money and revenge.. we punish success in this country.. yep time to move on to the next demon,, that would be BP

Toyota has enjoyed a well above average share of good coverage by the media for years now. In some cases American car companies have been undeservedly less-favorably covered.

I don't blame Toyota for this, they have an excellent marketing department.

But there is no fall like that from a height, and the media thrives on fear. This story played right into their ratings.

As far as BP goes, let me ask you this:

If a man kill a Manatee, he is sent to jail. Killing Manatees is illegal, and is in many cases punishable with prison time.

The BP spill may end up killing hundreds of Manatees. Why shouldn't the CEO of BP be put in jail with consecutive sentences?

Now, I'm not one of those "Save the Whales" types myself, but this is just an example of how these "poor" corporations that you're so quick to defend, avoid responsibility for their actions.

Last edited:
Unless I am mistaken it was revealed that the money GM "paid back" was borrowed from another tarp fund. so to me that equates to not a dime paid back, if you borrow money from me and then borrow some more to pay back the first then you haven't paid me back.. I think.

Prove what you claim

Read:

Still Government Motors - Forbes.com

Fair Game - At G.M., Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash - NYTimes.com

From November 2009:

GM Plans to Repay U.S. Loan - WSJ.com

In case you can't read:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaS2SymjQ4]YouTube - How The Hell Did GM Pay Back Its Loans "in Full And Ahead of Schedule"? Well, It Didn't.[/ame]

Oh, and the FTC isn't thrilled with GM either:

GM's pay back ads draw formal complaint - The Oakland Press Business: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I really think some people really do like being blinded and led by the nose to their preconceived stances... they want SO bad to have praise given to Obama, that the truthfulness of it really means nothing

http://grassley.senate.gov/about/upload/2010-04-27-Letter-from-Treasury-Dept.pdf

read the actual response

Can't fix an electrical or computer problem with a wedge. Nobody's got their fingers crossed more than Toyota on that one.

I don't know, I pretty sure Toyota REALLY doesn't want any more bad press.

I think if there were still problems they would have done anything they can to fix them.

Kinida hard to take numbers from GM very seriously.

After all. This is the same company that said they payed back the loan. Of course they payed it back with TARP money. Ah well. Why let the truth get in the way of a good lie.

This is the same company, with Barry Boys assistance, that hosed the bond holders, shareholders and anyone who had money invested in GM. The new CEO, with absolutely no experience in cars, a good buddy of Barry Boys, now has his cushy job.

I don't think I will believe any numbers coming out of GM.

Prove what you say.

Look it up yourself. Its all on Google.

Have fun. LOL

I think if there were still problems they would have done anything they can to fix them.

Sort of like how they were so concerned, they waited a couple of months before they decided to do something? Any thee can to fix it as long as it is a cheap plastic or metal wedge? Computers are pricey on a car. Times millions of cars.

Sort of like how they were so concerned, they waited a couple of months before they decided to do something? Any thee can to fix it as long as it is a cheap plastic or metal wedge? Computers are pricey on a car. Times millions of cars.

Yeah, but if it keeps on happening they'll stand to lose Billions in car sales.

Yeah, but if it keeps on happening they'll stand to lose Billions in car sales.

Hope you have the right position. People's lives will be on the line otherwise.

Toyota has enjoyed a well above average share of good coverage by the media for years now. In some cases American car companies have been undeservedly less-favorably covered.

I don't blame Toyota for this, they have an excellent marketing department.

But there is no fall like that from a height, and the media thrives on fear. This story played right into their ratings.

As far as BP goes, let me ask you this:

If a man kill a Manatee, he is sent to jail. Killing Manatees is illegal, and is in many cases punishable with prison time.

The BP spill may end up killing hundreds of Manatees. Why shouldn't the CEO of BP be put in jail with consecutive sentences?

Now, I'm not one of those "Save the Whales" types myself, but this is just an example of how these "poor" corporations that you're so quick to defend, avoid responsibility for their actions.

Are you sent to jail for accidently killing a manatee? I doubt it retard.

GM has paid back $5.8b. already. I fail to see how that is not a "dime" repaid.

The GM 3800 engine is one of the best engines ever put into a passenger car.

GM DID die, that is basically what bankruptcy is.

Failing to support them at this point is hurting your local economy. Most dealers are independently owned and contribute huge sums to local schools and other organizations.

Many of us within the local dealership network are just as mad as you about how we got here and what the government did. All we can do is work hard going forward. Everyday I think about my responsibility to make sure this gets paid back ASAP.

Unless I am mistaken it was revealed that the money GM "paid back" was borrowed from another tarp fund. so to me that equates to not a dime paid back, if you borrow money from me and then borrow some more to pay back the first then you haven't paid me back.. I think.

Prove what you claim

Read:

Still Government Motors - Forbes.com

Fair Game - At G.M., Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash - NYTimes.com

From November 2009:

GM Plans to Repay U.S. Loan - WSJ.com

In case you can't read:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaS2SymjQ4]YouTube - How The Hell Did GM Pay Back Its Loans "in Full And Ahead of Schedule"? Well, It Didn't.[/ame]

Oh, and the FTC isn't thrilled with GM either:

GM's pay back ads draw formal complaint - The Oakland Press Business: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

Great video explanation from "Reason". :clap2::clap2: This is what is known as a "show stopper". Intelligent people know that GM hasn't paid back a cent.

This is a plus. It shows the new management of GM is proving their worth but GM success also partially belongs to the Toyota backlash following the recalls and media hype.

Forum List

Back