GM cancelled EV cars

The video is unavailable which may suggest it was inaccurate information.

Regardless, the government should not put their finger on the scale for new technology such as this. It is far too early to force the adoption of it and the companies who signed on early probably did so for the easy cash, especially emerging technologies. Once CEOs keep losing money, what will be their response? To off shore thousands of jobs to cheaper labour locales, that's what
Really? Maybe the Canadian govt does not fund it but in the US, many technologies got their start due to US govt funding.

Some examples are microchips, GPS systems, smartphones, Darpa (Internet)... and many more.

That's what gives the US its edge.

Elon's cars have fire problems. Elon is brilliant. Elon is not going to change to gasoline soon. This is not about me Magnus. Elon's prices already have fallen.
So, you are no longer Musk's butt-boy? I guess things have changed from that earlier thread, eh? Thoughts & prayers. :itsok:

LOL You some some fake news on YouTube and rushed over here to post it? Did you even take the time to confirm? Guess not.
NO I did not. I will dig deeper however.

So, you are no longer Musk's butt-boy? I guess things have changed from that earlier thread, eh? Thoughts & prayers. :itsok:
What is your problem with Elon Musk? Butt boy you say? Magnus, how fucking dare you.

Really? Maybe the Canadian govt does not fund it but in the US, many technologies got their start due to US govt funding.

Some examples are microchips, GPS systems, smartphones, Darpa (Internet)... and many more.

Tax break, funding etc, sure. Punishing people for using the alternative is absurd, cruel and authoritarian in nature and it violates basic business sense. Furthermore, these are multi-national companies not just American domestic businesses.

Do you want the taxpayer to reimburse every dollar loss by these multi-national companies?

Provided that is that the Feds could use such things in the Defense industry. As I recall, it was Reagan who was president when the things you mention were created.

Are you an EV owner/driver?
Nope. Never owned one nor even driven one yet.

But the difference between me and you is that I am open to new technologies. And do admire people like Musk who make it possible.

At the same time, I am not blind to their faults. Don't think that they walk on water. In short, I am not a butt boy like you.

Fake news. This is the latest news from GM. Does not look like they shutting it down.

GM hires former Tesla exec Kurt Kelty to help it make EVs more affordable​

In its quest to be a leader in electric vehicle sales, General Motors has recruited a former Tesla executive to develop high-quality EV batteries at lower costs to make EVs affordable for the masses and profitable for GM.

GM said Thursday it hired Kurt Kelty, 59, in a newly created role of vice president of Batteries. He will start Feb. 19 and will report to GM President Mark Reuss, GM spokesman Kevin Kelly told the Detroit Free Press.

Kelty will be responsible for GM’s battery cell strategy, which includes the use of raw materials, research, developing and investing in new technology, commercialization of cells and battery packs, and what to do with a battery at the end of its life, GM said in a statement.
Is GM getting out of electric vehicles?

GM in October said it was abandoning a goal of building 400,000 EVs from 2022 through mid-2024 as it delays production of electric pickup trucks at its plant in Michigan's Orion Township by a year. GM also in October scrapped a $5 billion plan to jointly develop affordable EVs with Honda Motor (7267.Dec 13, 2023

GM still planning to end gas-powered vehicle sales by 2035​

1707437111541.png
Reuter

Forum List

Back