Green EV Battery-Operated Cars Take Yet Another Massive Fail

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Car giant Hertz has decided to sell off 20,000 of its fleet of green EV cars, due to massive losses, siting:
  1. EV cars when damaged in a wreck generally end up costing TWICE as much to repair as an ICE car.
  2. EV cars tend to get into wrecks more often, probably because owners lose control while hot-dogging it jumping on the gas just to feel the instant acceleration.
  3. EV cars in general depreciate far more once used making used EV cars a major loss, further fueled by efforts to bring down the cost of EV cars in general by the manufacturers.
Companies, cities and businesses all over who have tried to go green and buy into the Biden-forced green EV craze are finding that EV cars, trucks, buses and commercial vehicles just do not cut it. All of this proving once again the EVs make a fine alternate CHOICE for those whom they fit their needs but simply are not anywhere near the Left's dream that battery-operated transportation is truly ready to be the "next generation" to replace internal combustion no matter how much the left diddle themselves saying so.

If the battery is damaged which could be a scratch to the exposed from under battery from an accident it could cost 40 thousand dollars so they just total the car and it goes to the junkyard to be destroyed... is that insane or am I missing something...

If the battery is damaged which could be a scratch to the exposed from under battery from an accident it could cost 40 thousand dollars so they just total the car and it goes to the junkyard to be destroyed... is that insane or am I missing something...

So true. Any wreck which sends a car to the body shop for repair pretty much makes the battery suspect, dangerous and junk. They've been known to catch fire just getting wet, and apparently it is a major deal just removing and installing them! :lmao:

Fuel cells is the way to go. As far as battery EVs, when they standardize them like other batteries so that all EV cars take either 1, 2, or 3 EV batteries and you can swap them out yourself easily much as I swap out a dead battery pack on my cordless drill for the fresh one charged on my bench, so that you can stop as a "gas station" and just swap out your drained battery in 5 minutes for a fresh charged one instead of sitting there for two hours waiting for a charge, I might consider the EV craze partly viable.

$60,000 to replace battery. The battery costs more than a brand new car!​

$60,000 to replace battery // 2nd IONIQ 5 case confirms battery price!​

Forum List

Back