Glock dropped in Drano

I prefer high capacity magazines, the 1911 holds 7 rounds, 8 if you put one in the chamber first. That just is not going to do much good in a lot of situations you would truly need a weapon for. I own a 9mm Taurus. I prefer it because I fired 9mm all those years in the Corps. When I practice and stay in shape I am a VERY good shot.

I also have an M1 Carbine for close work that a hand gun just won't do and an M1 Garand 30.06 for the stopping power and that reach you might need farther than 200 yards. I should own a shotgun as well, but I do not like them.

Of course at the moment I am a fat old slob that hasn't fired a weapon in 3 years, probably couldn't hit much past 10 feet in my condition.

if the last paragraph is so....you need the shotgun...i dont have a handgun.
i prefer the lock and load sounds....of a shotgun...that does away with 99% of the problems.

so if you guys were gonna recommend a hand gun for a 55 yr old woman....wears bifocals....can already shot a shotgun or rifle damned well...
what would you think? Me, i tend to like the ladies guns....a 25 or something....small...o face it i am a sucker for the pearl handles..what can i say...but i would like something that has more of a punch.

stylish photos of the hand guns would enhance your recommendation

Personally, I wouldn't recommend anything less than a .380 for self defense.

In the house I always keep a short 12ga. 4 buckshot rounds followed by 2 deer slugs. Middle of the night, half asleep I want to hit the entire room before I turn on the lights to turn out their lights with the slugs. That is more humane than leting the dog have them or letting the wife shoot them!

I carry a very small and light weight S&W 908 on my person, simply because it is very easy to carry. However, I too favor the 1911.

As for Glock, they have their place. They are light and can carry 15 / .357 rounds, in a compact frame. I believe it is the Glock 32. For a everyday carry anyplace firearm, it meets the purpose well and they are reliable. I carry a North American Arms .22 mag as my backup or my pocket gun.

Again, each persons possible risks are a little bit different. For my daily deal, most likely it's going to be up close and personal with one or two people at the most. Even the little .22 mag can get me out of harms way.

I have never owned a Glock but have fired them many times. I spend half of my time on two wheels, so I am going to give them a look. It's hard to find that stopping power in such a light to carry frame.

Our largest show of the year is this weekend. I am going to take a look at the Colt Defender before I purchase anything. I have fired them several times, it is compact, I'm a Colt fan, but the weight may be too much for on the bike all the time.

If anyone has owned the Defender I would welcome some feedback.

I am a fan of the XD line up. I feel they are just as reliable as Glock and come with more safety features. I have shot both, and I will choose to carry my XD or PX4 Storm Sc over the Glock.

I dont care who you are -- that's funny.

Friends don't let friends buy Glocks.

Can't say I'm much of a Glock fan myself. I prefer 1911A1 - style handguns. That would be followed by SAA's. Plastic is WAY down the list.

Have a 1911 myself. Keep it in the drawer right next to the bed loaded with hollow points.

But I hear ya about the SAA's. I've been waiting for the right time to buy this puppy. A Uberti, 1873 Cattleman, Desperado, replica. Nice thing about these revolvers is, they have a trigger gaurd, so you can carry a round in every hole. Unlike the old SAA's. You had to keep one hole empty in those, unless you didn't mind the idea of bumping the hammer and shooting your leg off.

I have had a 19 for years. Never had a problem. One of the easiest weapons to use I have ever had.

Love my Glock.

Forum List

Back