Global warming: red-faced climatologist issues grovelling apology

Ah......more old time religion. NO THANKS.

Now you think you're smarter than 97% of scientists. What a moron. :cuckoo:

No, he's not cuckoo, he just realises that your 97% meme is bullshit. The survey was sent to 74 climatologists and 97% of THEM agreed with the concept. Most scientists in the world (like myself) believe it to be horseshit.

It's worse than that. The scientists who responded were self selected. We all know how accurate that kind of poll is.

No, he's not cuckoo, he just realises that your 97% meme is bullshit. The survey was sent to 74 climatologists and 97% of THEM agreed with the concept. Most scientists in the world (like myself) believe it to be horseshit.

It's worse than that. The scientists who responded were self selected. We all know how accurate that kind of poll is.

I don't think Dagoose is capable of understanding the concept of self selection. That would be way above his pay grade.

I don't think Dagoose is capable of understanding the concept of self selection. That would be way above his pay grade.

DaGoose will continue idiotically posting his "97% of scientists" claim even though it's already been thoroughly debunked.

Drones like DaGoose are only capable of regurgitating talking points. Understanding what they're spewing isn't a requirement.

We could use a little global warming here in Alaska. We're buried in record snow and now we're experiencing sub zero temps...

In Anchorage yesterday the high was 6 degrees...normal is 23 degrees. The low was minus 10 degrees...normal is 11 degrees for the low.

Hey dumb shits, how about one Scientific Society, one National Academy of Sciences, or even one major University that disputes AGW in the policy statements on global warming? Can't do it, because there are none.

Walleyes, why did the American Association of Petroleum Geologists change their policy statement on AGW? You know full well the answer to that, don't you. Because the majority of members told the people heading that society that if they did not change their statements to reflect reality, most of the scientists were going to not renew their membership.

We could use a little global warming here in Alaska. We're buried in record snow and now we're experiencing sub zero temps...

In Anchorage yesterday the high was 6 degrees...normal is 23 degrees. The low was minus 10 degrees...normal is 11 degrees for the low.

And come summer, once more you will see temperatures far above normal. But you are certainly correct about it being an unusual year over most of North America. The north this year getting hit with extreme cold and snowfall, while the rest of us are looking at either normal or warm temperatures, and for the west coast, far too little rain and snow. And this is a La Nina year. Going to be interesting to see what summer has in store for us.

As usual, Pattycake, you are full of shit and lies.

Come on, now, surely you can name a bunch of climatologists who dispute AGW? You know, cite them and their publications in peer reviewed journals. Hmmmm.........

We are waiting.

If you think 76 of 79 scientists are the world's voice, it's a shame. Talk about spewing crap you hear from left wing news (?) sites. Try again, 97% of the 79 scientists that were asked two very vague questions regarding global warming speak for the entire scientific community??? They were also self selected. So no I don't believe 97% of scientists believe man made global warming is real.

Study claiming ’97% of climate scientists agree’ is flawed « ClimateQuotes.com

OK. Flap yap, one Scientific Society that disputes AGW. Just one.

97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real

Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real

But who cares? Evidently nobody............because its having zero impact on public policy!!!

The bomb throwers have lost.........and its no surprise, especially when the public has become aware and with the micro-minute social networking that is going on, the 24 hour news cycle is now a thing of the past. So....people are finding out about stories............like THIS.................

Ultra-harsh Alaska winter prompts fuel shortages: AP Alaska | Alaska news at adn.com

LMAO..........when the public hears about temperatures of 50 below zero happening for weeks on end, their attitude on global warming is................

meh

Last edited:
How about one National Academy of Science. Even Outer Slobovia.

Appeal to authority - a logical fallacy.

Want to talk logic?

The properties of GHGs are well-known.

They have been going up with no natural explanation.

Therefore, if the trend continues, warming is inevitable.

Logic says the 'if' has been settled. The only questions remaining are 'when' and 'how bad'.

Hey dumb shits, how about one Scientific Society, one National Academy of Sciences, or even one major University that disputes AGW in the policy statements on global warming? Can't do it, because there are none.

Walleyes, why did the American Association of Petroleum Geologists change their policy statement on AGW? You know full well the answer to that, don't you. Because the majority of members told the people heading that society that if they did not change their statements to reflect reality, most of the scientists were going to not renew their membership.

Show us one of those organizations that doesn't derive the vast majority of its funding from the government. I allready told you why the AAPG changed their tune, there's money in it!

As I have stated (and you have repeatedly ignored) the oil companies are in just as much favour as the greenies are to pass carbon taxes. They get to make billions more off of a commodity for no extra effort.

So, looks like it's YOU who is the shill for the oil companies after all!

Tool.

If you think 76 of 79 scientists are the world's voice, it's a shame. Talk about spewing crap you hear from left wing news (?) sites. Try again, 97% of the 79 scientists that were asked two very vague questions regarding global warming speak for the entire scientific community??? They were also self selected. So no I don't believe 97% of scientists believe man made global warming is real.

How about showing us one peer reviewed scientific study NOT BASED ON COMPUTER MODELS that does.

How about one National Academy of Science. Even Outer Slobovia.

Appeal to authority - a logical fallacy.

Want to talk logic?

The properties of GHGs are well-known.

They have been going up with no natural explanation.

Therefore, if the trend continues, warming is inevitable.

Logic says the 'if' has been settled. The only questions remaining are 'when' and 'how bad'.

Here konny old boy, READ Tyndalls study for yourself! Thanks to daveman we have a wonderful link to the actual paper and guess what....it doesn't say anything you think it does!

"I have included the full text of Tyndall's 1861 dissertation on the opacity and radiative emission of gases because it would seem that those citing Tyndall have not bothered to read his work. It is immediately apparent that Tyndall did, at no time during his research, measure any radiative absorption. Tyndall's "absorption" measurements are revealed, by his method, to actually be measurements of opacity. I refer you to the Frontispiece of the article reproduced here. Nowhere does Tyndall account for the proportion of opacity due to reflection, nor is any attempt made to simultaneously measure both opacity and emission in order to determine what proportion of opacity is due to absorption, in spite of the significant reflection of visible radiation by chlorine gas, which Tyndall actually handled. This is probably a fundamental misunderstanding on Tyndall's part because he uses the terms "opacity" and "absorbing power" interchangably throughout his work. For more information concerning why I've included Tyndall (1861) among the most misquoted and abused papers in the public domain, see Most Misquoted and Most Misunderstood Science Papers in the Public Domain.."

Tyndall (1861)

Nope, I just want proof, that you can not provide.

I know you and your moronic arguments too well. No matter what proof is presented you'll say that it's either skewed or not good enough. You're happier living in ignorance.

The data collected by real live scientists shows a pretty compelling case that the temperatures are not warming over the lat ten years and in various places have been cooling for the last century or so.

Data is only data, though. It doesn't need to convince anyone of anything.

ttp://reasonabledoubtclimate.wordpress.com/category/temperature-trends/

Hey dumbass, how about the bet and the fact that you keep claiming the average temps exceed a peak when none of the actual temps did?

How about all the scientists that are leaving those societies over the wording of their policy statements? Funny thing is, most scientific societies have no position on global warming because they are not into making policy statements. All the ones that have are political groups, not science groups.

Forum List

Back