Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkIWB3HIEs]‪George Takei vs. Tennessee's "Don't Say Gay" Bill‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

bunnyb.gif

Radio personality Glenn Beck is taking flak for comparing the young Norwegian shootings victims and their friends to "Hitler Youth."

"As the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said on his program this morning.

Classy.

Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth' - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

would it have been better if he used 'Young Pioneers' instead?

Radio personality Glenn Beck is taking flak for comparing the young Norwegian shootings victims and their friends to "Hitler Youth."

"As the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said on his program this morning.

Classy.

Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth' - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

would it have been better if he used 'Young Pioneers' instead?

His target audience would not get it...without an extensive explanation.

I'm so happy I have a great memory.

Tea Party Offers Summer Camp

One example at Liberty: Children will win hard, wrapped candies to use as currency for a store, symbolizing the gold standard. On the second day, the "banker" will issue paper money instead. Over time, students will realize their paper money buys less and less, while the candies retain their value.

"Some of the kids will fall for it," Lukens said. "Others kids will wise up."

Another example: Starting in an austere room where they are made to sit quietly, symbolizing Europe, the children will pass through an obstacle course to arrive at a brightly decorated party room (the New World).

:cuckoo:

The 9-12 project is a project of Glenn Beck, of course.

I am glad someone remembered Beck's little camp. He is a piece of shit. Period.

I will say, for the record, on the face of it, this appears to have been an outrageous comment. And I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it.

My problem, however, is that I have only one sentence so I have no context for his comment. Now, I'm not sure what context he could put it in that would make it any less offensive..... but... given the left's habit of, shall we say, misrepresenting what Beck said, I would definitely want the whole context before I jump all over him for it. For example, I constantly hear about how he 'hates' the victims of 9-11.... yet, when I read the full comment of Beck's on that particular issue, that is not what he said at all. It was, again, a left wing spin of his words.

So, I'll reserve any outrage until I see exactly what he said instead of one sentence. Always a good idea to get the context...... for intelligent people anyway.

Carry on with the faux outrage.

oh, please

what a load of unadulterated crap.

i'll post some context for my comment later

I'm going on past experience of how Beck gets misquoted. Simple. I've lost count of the times I've seen people state that he 'hates the victims of 9-11'.... and that's not what he said at all. One sentence is not context. I like context. It puts peoples comments into perspective. Without perspective, I can't judge what he actually said.

However, on the face of it, yea - it definitely sounds offensive.

Goddamn America....

Still waiting for California girl to look up this thing in full context. She just cant do it. She cant just say, he fucked up without some kind of caveat.

California Girl...I am calling you out. Just say it, Beck is a pos and should not have said this. Say this without saying anything else. Can you do that? If not, you are the ultimate partisan hack. You really are. There is NO excuse for him saying this, especially considering he had something to do with a camp for the youth that had anything to do with politics.

God he is horrible.

What's dumber: Beck making yet another misplaced Nazi reference...or liberals, with questionable sincerity, getting offended by it? Does anybody give a shit really? Or is this just a way to embarrass and/or dismiss conservatives by saying "see? One of your own said something horrible...again! Have you people no shame?!"

Oh you made it clear, so what are becks "audience" that they would need a comprehensive explanation?

not particularly bright as a group

Isn't it ironic he had to have that explained to him? :eusa_eh:

no, Del understood what I was asking, whats not so bright or honest is your end or feigning ignorance instead of just saying what you INFERRED plainly, when asked to..........

Last edited:
I will say, for the record, on the face of it, this appears to have been an outrageous comment. And I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it.

My problem, however, is that I have only one sentence so I have no context for his comment. Now, I'm not sure what context he could put it in that would make it any less offensive..... but... given the left's habit of, shall we say, misrepresenting what Beck said, I would definitely want the whole context before I jump all over him for it. For example, I constantly hear about how he 'hates' the victims of 9-11.... yet, when I read the full comment of Beck's on that particular issue, that is not what he said at all. It was, again, a left wing spin of his words.

So, I'll reserve any outrage until I see exactly what he said instead of one sentence. Always a good idea to get the context...... for intelligent people anyway.

Carry on with the faux outrage.

so you are giving him a pass b/c you are a dumb partisan bitch... shocking

Oh, do you mean the fair and balanced CG hasn't attacked Beck the same way she attacked you?

And where's her lackey daveman, btw, the crown prince of sanctimony?

lol

What's dumber: Beck making yet another misplaced Nazi reference...or liberals, with questionable sincerity, getting offended by it? Does anybody give a shit really? Or is this just a way to embarrass and/or dismiss conservatives by saying "see? One of your own said something horrible...again! Have you people no shame?!"

Gee,

a classic on the one hand/on the other hand dilemma.

Which is one is dumber

on the one hand, radio host Glen Beck, in the wake of a mass murder of children, compares them to Nazis because they're at a camp run by liberals

on the other hand, liberals are offended.

Gee, golly, gosh, let me assemble a team of expert analysts and see if they can help us figure out which of those is dumber...

...of course there might be a third, even better candidate for dumber, excuse me,

dumbest...

...anyone, any guesses???

Forum List

Back