Giving The Finger To Labor on Labor Day

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
The contempt and outright hate the right has for labor has walked a long road. This advertisement from 1956 shows just how far it has come.
11226005_10153278366826051_5588608231508310085_n.jpg

Today, modern Republicans have traveled the full gamut. Scott Walker not long ago compared the defeat of labor unions to the defeat of ISIS.

"....6. Scott Walker vows to seek a federal “right to work” law.

During an April interview with Radio Iowa, the 2016 candidate most synomous with the union crushing so-called right-to-work laws vowed to bring his “courage…and capacity” to the White House to oversee a “legitimate” effort to make every state a “right-to-work.”

“I think in Washington we need that even more,” Walker argued in favor of federal intervention.

“As much as I think the federal government should get out of most of what it’s in right now, I think establishing fundamental freedoms for the American people is a legitimate thing and that would be something that would provide that opportunity in the other half of America to people who don’t have those opportunities today.”

7. Ditto for Rand Paul

The Kentucky senator has actually introduced federal legislation to this effect.

8. Chris Christie wants to punch the national teachers union in the face.

In a recent interview, CNN’s Jake Tapper noted Christie’s fondness for advising to punch bullies in the face, asking, “At the national level, who deserves a punch in the face?”

“The national teachers union,” Christie replied, citing the American Federation of Teachers’ endorsement of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

And at a recent campaign stop in New Hampshire, Christie blamed teachers unions for U.S. students falling behind their global peers. “The teachers union likes to be off work four or five months a year. They like to get a full-time salary for a part-time job. They don’t want to work longer hours.”

9. Jeb! says Americans need to “work longer hours.”

Although he’d later attempt to clarify the statement (for the umpteenth time), in July Bush told the New Hampshire Union Leader that in order to achieve his “aspirations for the country” of “4 percent growth as far as the eye can see,” American workers would have to “work longer hours.”

Never mind that the U.S. hasn’t seen a sustained period of 4 percent annual growth in potential GDP in a half-century.

10. And let’s not forget Carly Fiorinia’s layoffs at HP.

The 30,000 sad emojis that greet visitors of CarlyFiorina.org are a lighthearted reminder of the former Hewlett-Packard CEO’s disastrous record running the Silicon Valley giant, but Fiorina, who oversaw the layoff of 30,000 workers as CEO, was seriously unfunny when she simultaneously defended corporations’ right to outsource jobs, lobbying against government efforts to protect U.S. workers.

“There is no job that is America’s God-given right anymore,” Fiorina declared.
Read more at the link: 10 times GOP candidates gave labor a giant middle finger - Salon.com

The question on this Labor Day is Why do Republicans hate the middle class?

How can Republicans hate the middle class when a great deal of them ARE the middle class?

What is it with you liberals and the word "hate?"

What is it with you Republicans giving jobs to China, Mexico, Malaysia, and everywhere else you can use child labor to produce your products?

Labor day is a commie holiday. If I ever get political power labor day will be used to celebrate the mass suicides of the Jonestown bed wetter cult.

It was a great day and should be repeated regularly.

giphy.gif

Labor day is a commie holiday. If I ever get political power labor day will be used to celebrate the mass suicides of the Jonestown bed wetter cult.

giphy.gif

The Walmart family is worth $144 Billion dollars. This year the government is giving them back $6 Billion in tax breaks that's 6,000 million dollars to one family. A reasonable American would wonder why they don't do something for the middle class instead.

How can Republicans hate the middle class when a great deal of them ARE the middle class?

What is it with you Republicans giving jobs to China, Mexico, Malaysia, and everywhere else you can use child labor to produce your products?

images

One of the first to move major manufacturing he's involved with overseas after Free Trade Deal enacted and...

JOHN KERRY PROVIDED BIG OVERSEAS TAX LOOPHOLE FOR HEINZ CORPORATION

...then made sure that same company had a loophole to avoid the government closing tax loopholes on company.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

My mother worked under a union for over 30 years.

My father worked under a union.

Tho I once worked under a union, I will NEVER back those backstabbing bastards in anything.

Nor anyone they support

Bud that was both parties that jumped on that bandwagon.

giphy.gif

The Walmart family is worth $144 Billion dollars. This year the government is giving them back $6 Billion in tax breaks that's 6,000 million dollars to one family. A reasonable American would wonder why they don't do something for the middle class instead.
Because the middle class cannot agree on anything and make their leaders actually represent everyone; poor and middle class alike

My mother worked under a union for over 30 years.

My father worked under a union.

Tho I once worked under a union, I will NEVER back those backstabbing bastards in anything.

Nor anyone they support

Both of my parents worked for companies that had robust unions. As a child I was able to enjoy those benefits by way of medical insurance and 6 weeks of travel each year to exciting destinations. I was always well clothed, well fed and attended private schools. As an adult, I started my own business and was involved with the Teamster Union. A very tough negotiator, but their rules actually made it easier to run a company without drama. I have no regrets for that period of my life and learned that members will houseclean their own union when necessary. The bottom line? I made a profit and my employees lived a better life. I would do it again in an instant.

giphy.gif

A reasonable American would wonder why the middle class never sees the money the Democrats promise them.

Bud that was both parties that jumped on that bandwagon.

The advent of container shipping and advances in cell and radio communication made for a boomtown of foreign business to America. Nobody was prepared for that except technology which went crazy because of it in the 90's. America wasn't ready for those advances and if they had time to think about it fewer mistakes would have been made that impacted the middle class so badly.

This may come as a bit of a surprise, as you can browse through Forbes’ extensive rich list and not find a single mention of the name ‘Rothschild’ in their list of the 500 wealthiest people on Earth. This is because the Rothschild’s wealth has been distributed amongst hundreds of heirs throughout the years, and has therefore diluted each individual’s personal fortune. With this being said, it is estimated that the Rothschild Family as a whole still possess in the region of $350 billion USD in assets throughout the world. Bear in mind that this is a low estimation. Due to their great secrecy, the sheer amount of assets they hold, and the scale of their operations, it is difficult to estimate exactly how much the Rothschild Family are worth. Higher estimates have placed it in the region of $1 trillion USD, making them by far the wealthiest family on Earth.

Of course since the Rothschilds, and nazi collaborators and sociopaths like George Soros fund the leftwing globalist agenda, their wealth shouldn't be scrutinized right?

Have you ever had a independent thought of your own?

giphy.gif

A reasonable American would wonder why the middle class never sees the money the Democrats promise them.

Because the Republicans already move it offshore.

Yea, the Democrats are a real friend of working class Americans.

Opening the borders to unskilled illegals who drive wages and working conditions into the ground.
Also let us not forget helping drive our industrial base overseas with their ridiculous environmental regulations.

There is plenty of blame for the Republicans as well, but anyone who thinks the Democrats are friends of the working man is a fucking stooge.

Bed wetters aren't "reasonable" and I question their loyalty to America, so they will not question why the wealth of their donors never seems to find it's way to anyone except for globalist operatives and their ilk..

Forum List

Back