GiveSendGo Will Not Comply With Ontario Court Order... Donations Will Go To Freedom Convoy....

The ones in Canada will and do. At least legally and I guarantee that the large banking institutions will fall right in line with whatever the government up north wants them to do.
Not if there are banks that don't operate within the jurisdiction of the court order, if the composition of their court system is anything like ours... jurisdictional. And since it was a territorial/provincial superior court order, it could be bypassed by conducting the transactions in neighboring provinces.

"The common law provinces, including Ontario, operate under the principle of stare decisis, meaning that a decision of an appellate court is binding on future cases in the provincial superior courts of the same province."

Last edited:
Not if there are banks that don't operate within the jurisdiction of the court order, if the composition of their court system is anything like ours... jurisdictional. And since it was a territorial/provincial superior court order, it could be bypassed by conducting the transactions in neighboring provinces.

"The common law provinces, including Ontario, operate under the principle of stare decisis, meaning that a decision of an appellate court is binding on future cases in the provincial superior courts of the same province."

In neighboring provinces is possibly the best course of action they have right now.

Which adds to my statement that it will be interesting to see where this goes.

I wonder if they will push this nation wide or if the truckers will get them to back down?

They just might. It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Meanwhile TD Bank just handed $1.4 million of the funds directly to the government.
Yup, exactly what I was talking about.

“They can say Canada doesn’t have jurisdiction, but the second it touches a Canadian financial institution it does have jurisdiction,” he said.

That is going to be a massive hurdle. How fucking disgusting. It is amazing that anyone here, particularly since it is almost exclusively those that supported BLM who was incredibly violent, actually supports such a gross violation of rights.

I actually understand removing them from the road if they so chose, they are blocking other people from going about their lives and I did not support BLM doing that nor do I support these guys blocking roads.

They are not violent though. And that is a MASSIVE difference.

Last edited:
Yup, exactly what I was talking about.

“They can say Canada doesn’t have jurisdiction, but the second it touches a Canadian financial institution it does have jurisdiction,” he said.

That is going to be a massive hurdle. How fucking disgusting. It is amazing that anyone here, particularly since it is almost exclusively those that supported BLM who was incredibly violent, actually supports such a gross violation of rights.

I actually understand removing them from the road if they so chose, they are blocking other people from going about their lives and I did not support BLM doing that nor do I support these guys blocking roads.

They are not violent though. And that is a MASSIVE difference.
[/QUOTE]
The problem is that TD Bank is America based, and odds are that a good portion of those funds were donated by Americans.

That is theft. And GSG more than likely knew that before they made that statement about jurisdiction. True TD has a Canadian chapter, but they are an American bank that can be held liable for fraud under US law.

So?...lol. Are the cops going to use force?

The truckers association in Canada has condemned the protests

The teamsters union has condemned the protests

The majority of Canadians have condemned the protests

90% of truckers in Canada are vaccinated

If you are part of this protest, you are a tiny minority of losers that has no widespread support from anybody.

Any action taken against these losers is warranted and welcome

The problem is that TD Bank is America based, and odds are that a good portion of those funds were donated by Americans.

That is theft. And GSG more than likely knew that before they made that statement about jurisdiction. True TD has a Canadian chapter, but they are an American bank that can be held liable for fraud under US law.
Well, yes and no.

What they did appears to be ahead of governmental action so I will agree it was wrong of them to do so and the convoy should push for supporters to withdraw business from the bank however where they are based is utterly irrelevant. IF they have any business whatsoever in Canada then they have a company that is entirely Canadian as well that the parent, or HQ, operates in conjunction with. All companies operate like that and this means that they are, the portion of them operating in Canada, also subject to all the same legal requirements any other Canadian company is. Hell, for banks and virtually all other businesses they even have to do this when operating in more than one state.

Since they have many branches in Canada, that section of the company would be located in Canada and even have its own cooperate leadership. In order to get the money to Canada, the US branch would need to transfer the funds to the Canada branch and at that moment it would instantly be subject to Canadian law.

Well, yes and no.

What they did appears to be ahead of governmental action so I will agree it was wrong of them to do so and the convoy should push for supporters to withdraw business from the bank however where they are based is utterly irrelevant. IF they have any business whatsoever in Canada then they have a company that is entirely Canadian as well that the parent, or HQ, operates in conjunction with. All companies operate like that and this means that they are, the portion of them operating in Canada, also subject to all the same legal requirements any other Canadian company is. Hell, for banks and virtually all other businesses they even have to do this when operating in more than one state.

Since they have many branches in Canada, that section of the company would be located in Canada and even have its own cooperate leadership. In order to get the money to Canada, the US branch would need to transfer the funds to the Canada branch and at that moment it would instantly be subject to Canadian law.
Fair.

Well, yes and no.

So the Americans here have no legal remedy to get that money back?

Lose entry privilege, get arrested at the border and sent back broke, with no recourse of recouping what the authorities confiscated from you.

And you may want to catch up on the news. Things are getting ready to go horribly wrong for their "freedom", which is also about to get confiscated.
That make you have wet dreams doesn’t it?

You love burning and looting as long as it is done your own kind but damn it if anyone protests from the opposition you want them to have everything taken away, sent to a death camp and their family must wear something to show they belonged to someone that you consider as a traitor!

What a good little Stalinist you are!

So the Americans here have no legal remedy to get that money back?
Technically speaking, no. At least not here. They would have to pursue it in Canada's legal system, something that is well beyond what most people can or will do.

I would hope the political pressure would be enough though. I suspect it will be.

More than likely, I would bet the money finds its way back to the donators at some point after this is over.

It is wrong but likely what happens. If Canada outright steals it, as they actually can, that is going to generate a lot of controversy. Far more than the dollar amount is worth.

Bitcoin it appears.
Yes, that is what it seems like they are reaching too.

I wonder what they can do to stop that. Bitcoin may actually get past all these laws - it is very difficult to stop digital currency. They still have control over the banks though and you MUST go through a bank somewhere to get that into something that can be spent.

Unless Canada has enough places that take bitcoin directly. I have no idea if that is something that can be done up there though. It is hard enough to spend bitcoin here as a general use currency (aka groceries, gas and the like).

That brings up something else though. The US has been exploring options to shut down digital currency for awhile. This might get the statists the final push to actually go after it in earnest. If you look at taxes, bitcoin was, to my knowledge, directly targeted by the IRS for the first time this year. I could easily be incorrect on that though, I am unsure if it has ever been mentioned specifically in previous years.

Yes, that is what it seems like they are reaching too.

I wonder what they can do to stop that. Bitcoin may actually get past all these laws - it is very difficult to stop digital currency. They still have control over the banks though and you MUST go through a bank somewhere to get that into something that can be spent.

Unless Canada has enough places that take bitcoin directly. I have no idea if that is something that can be done up there though. It is hard enough to spend bitcoin here as a general use currency (aka groceries, gas and the like).

That brings up something else though. The US has been exploring options to shut down digital currency for awhile. This might get the statists the final push to actually go after it in earnest. If you look at taxes, bitcoin was, to my knowledge, directly targeted by the IRS for the first time this year. I could easily be incorrect on that though, I am unsure if it has ever been mentioned specifically in previous years.

Give Send Go said earlier that the flow of money was continuing unabated. I'm thinking there are banks helping these truckers. The pervasiveness of this movement is profound now.

From the Post Millennial:

"Christian crowdfunding website, which is hosting the crowdfund for the Freedom Convoy truck drivers, says that it will not be following the orders of the Ontario court to freeze the crowdfund and stop the transfer of funds to the protesters."

BREAKING: GiveSendGo plans to ignore Ontario’s attempted interference and pay the truckers anyway

And there was much rejoicing!!!
You place the rights of a corporation above those of a court?

Maybe you need to rethink what you're rejoicing about.

It will be interesting to see how they proceed.

They do have jurisdiction over financial institutions in Canada and they could try to stop those institutions from passing the cash onto the intended recipients. How would you get around that?
Exactly.

Lose entry privilege, get arrested at the border and sent back broke, with no recourse of recouping what the authorities confiscated from you.
Exactly.
And you may want to catch up on the news. Things are getting ready to go horribly wrong for their "freedom", which is also about to get confiscated.
Possibly.

Forum List

Back