Fed up Ottawa residents win secret suit to freeze the crypto wallets funding Canada’s ‘Freedom Convoy’ protesters

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
A secret court, during the Emergency Act in Canada. No representation, public notice or participation.

Just how much is separating Canada from the nations we claim are our enemies?

Yesterday, a group of Ottawa residents won a private class action lawsuit to freeze at least 146 cryptocurrency wallets and bank assets tied to the main organizers of Canada’s “Freedom Convoy” in a bid to stanch funding for the ongoing demonstrations.

Known as a Mareva injunction, the lawsuit was filed by Ottawa residents Zexi Li, Geoffrey Devaney, and the Happy Goat Coffee business against key convoy organizers including Chris Barber, Benjamin Dichter, Tamara Lich, and Nicholas St. Louis. The hearing was held in private without public notice or access, lawyer Paul Champ who represents the residents bringing the suit, told The Star, a Toronto-headquartered Canadian newspaper. Li earlier this month won an injunction which barred protesters from honking their horns in downtown Ottawa.

The suit is unprecedented for the country, as it’s the “first time in Canada that a Mareva injunction [has] ever been used to freeze cryptocurrency,” says Matthew Burgoyne, a crypto- and blockchain-focused partner at Calgary-based McLeod Law. He added that the injunction was a powerful legal “remedy which can have significant consequences for a defendant.” The defendants weren’t given advance notice of the suit, says Champ.

Champ, who hired a private investigator and cryptocurrency expert, found that the organizers’ crypto movements outpaced the government’s attempts to track them, according to The Star.

That's fucked up, if true. Now they get to torture everyone who disagrees with them politically.

And Canada is just an imaginary line away, folks. What happens there tends to happen here. Get the fuck out of crypto and pull as much out of your bank accounts as you can.

That's fucked up, if true. Now they get to torture everyone who disagrees with them politically.

And Canada is just an imaginary line away, folks. What happens there tends to happen here. Get the fuck out of crypto and pull as much out of your bank accounts as you can.
Mason jars are handy to use when hiding stuff in the ground.

A secret court, during the Emergency Act in Canada. No representation, public notice or participation.

Just how much is separating Canada from the nations we claim are our enemies?

Yesterday, a group of Ottawa residents won a private class action lawsuit to freeze at least 146 cryptocurrency wallets and bank assets tied to the main organizers of Canada’s “Freedom Convoy” in a bid to stanch funding for the ongoing demonstrations.

Known as a Mareva injunction, the lawsuit was filed by Ottawa residents Zexi Li, Geoffrey Devaney, and the Happy Goat Coffee business against key convoy organizers including Chris Barber, Benjamin Dichter, Tamara Lich, and Nicholas St. Louis. The hearing was held in private without public notice or access, lawyer Paul Champ who represents the residents bringing the suit, told The Star,a Toronto-headquartered Canadian newspaper. Li earlier this month won an injunction which barred protesters from honking their horns in downtown Ottawa.

The suit is unprecedented for the country, as it’s the “first time in Canada that a Mareva injunction [has] ever been used to freeze cryptocurrency,” says Matthew Burgoyne, a crypto- and blockchain-focused partner at Calgary-based McLeod Law. He added that the injunction was a powerful legal “remedy which can have significant consequences for a defendant.” The defendants weren’t given advance notice of the suit, says Champ.

Champ, who hired a private investigator and cryptocurrency expert, found that the organizers’ crypto movements outpaced the government’s attempts to track them, according to The Star.
39FF9A2B-24E6-4E67-BCE1-2EFC25EC260B.jpeg

This is all right out of the WEF's playbook, people.

They're testing society to see what they can get away with in terms of their openly stated agenda.

Last edited:
I was reading some place where the Ottowa police chief openly stated that those protestors would be 'hunted down'' and ''punished'' even after they left.

Pft. Lemme tell yas something. Speaking only for myself, if anyone openly said they were gonna ''hunt'' me and showed up at my door, they'd leave in a fukin bag. Heh heh.

I was reading some place where the Ottowa police chief openly stated that those protestors would be 'hunted down'' and ''punished'' even after they left.

Pft. Lemme tell yas something. Speaking only for myself, if anyone openly said they were gonna ''hunt'' me and showed up at my door, they'd leave in a fukin bag. Heh heh.
As it should be, in a normal world.

Forum List

Back