'Give us your snow, we’ll give you the Palins.'

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
'You give us your snow and we'll give you the Palins': Alaska begs Boston for its winter back as frigid state is one of the only places in America that's WARMER than usual
  • Winter has seen snow in almost every state, and frigid lows in the Northeast - but Alaska is balmy by comparison
  • In largest city, Anchorage, snow for winter festival was driven in from stockpiles after less than an inch fell last month
  • Dog-sledding forced to move 260 miles north to get enough snow - the first time since the event began in 1946
  • Residents jokingly asked Boston - been buried by more than 100 inches in recent months - for its snow back
  • Alaskan warmth and frigid lows further south are both caused by atmospheric movements in the jet stream

Bemused residents even took to asking Boston - which has been swamped with more than 100 inches of snow in a record-breaking winter - if they can have their winter back.

Speaking to the Boston Globe, Anchorage-dweller Danielle Crelley, 19, said said: 'This is the worst winter ever... We can’t even go sledding. I just want to build a snowman.'

Another, store owner Nina Walker, proposed a trade between Massachusetts and Alaska. She said: 'You give us your snow, and we’ll give you the Palins.'

Read more: Alaska begs Boston for its winter back as frigid state is one of the only places in America that s WARMER than usual Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It would take a lot more snow for Boston to get THAT desperate.

This crazy weather is just more proof of climate change.

My apologies for not putting this in Environment.

I'd gladly take the palins' anyday over the fools running this state, squandering our tax money to give illegals welfare,foodstamps, and free tuition.they're very generous as long as it isn't their money.this blue state is a leader when it comes to the downfall of our country.

Forum List

Back