Saturday Night Live goes a step too far?

SNL gone too far?

• No

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • SNL are traitors to America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1st amendment allows it, but not too happy

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Just a parody, get over it

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Did Charlie Hebdo go too far?

The First Amendment doesn't just protect those with whom we agree. Those who think SNL went too far need to be careful what you wish for.

Be sure to read the comments at the link.

How did we get to be so ignorant about our own Constitution?

Be sure to read the comments at the link.

How did we get to be so ignorant about our own Constitution?
It has nothing to do with the Constitution or the 1st Amendment. Maybe someone could make a video of ISIS slitting Miss Johnsons throat and catching the blood in a bucket to make blutwurst and feeding her body to alligators? That would make a funny parody.

Am I the only one who finds Dakota Johnson mediocre looking? Seems like they could have found someone hotter for that movie role.

Did Charlie Hebdo go too far?

The First Amendment doesn't just protect those with whom we agree. Those who think SNL went too far need to be careful what you wish for.
Hebdo isn't protected by the first Amendment dumbass.

Furthermore none of us are really protected from anything with Obama at the helm. In fact, according to his own administration we are a nation of cowardly racist bible thumping gun clinging whitewingers.

SNL has Dakota Johnson join ISIS in parody of US Army commercial Daily Mail Online

A step too far that characterizes the US military as equivalent to ISIS, a parody in bad taste, or just a harmless parody of a commercial?
SNL is a television concept that is way past its prime, is no longer relevant, and should have been replaced years ago.
I agree. It has sucked ass for years. They should have ended it when it was still good.

SNL has Dakota Johnson join ISIS in parody of US Army commercial Daily Mail Online

A step too far that characterizes the US military as equivalent to ISIS, a parody in bad taste, or just a harmless parody of a commercial?
SNL is a television concept that is way past its prime, is no longer relevant, and should have been replaced years ago.

Wow....something we agree on......Saturday was rarely actually funny....in fact....humor was the exception...not the standard....

Well....considering we are talking about a group committing atrocities......not just something for ha ha laughter....we are talking real evil here...it simply shows that the left has no real understanding of what is going on......Did they do a funny commercial for the genocide in Rwanda? Or the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia....now those are hysterically funny topics...aren't they?

I think the only reason it is still on the air is that none of the other networks have bothered to put anything on at 10:30 on Saturday nights....if you check the other networks they all show reruns of shows already off the air....no one wants to win that time slot.....so saturday night live exists by default..........

Her mother looks awful. Her dad is "meh". Dakota is nothing much to look at and has funky teeth.

With that said...I didn't find that skit going too far. I was just tired of the nonstop pushing of a stupid film (50 shades) I have no intention of ever seeing.

I'm old enough to remember when SNL was funny. Gilda Radner, John Belushi, Dan Akroid (the Blues Brothers), Eddie Muphy, Lilly Tomlin, Jane Curtain, ...etc. There were some hilarious bits then.

It looks like now the talent is lacking, or writing and they're trying hard to be funny.

It would be more of a news story if it was the fact that SNL was actually funny. This from what I have heard was just a pathetic attempt to get into the news and get some publicity. That is all they can achieve lately. Even bad comedy is protected by the First Amendment.

New Topics

Forum List

Back