"Give me Liberty Or Give Me Death"

So today Patrick Henry would be as hated as let's say............Michele Bachmann???
Patrick Henry would not have made the outrageous claims Bachmann did and still be in the history books.

Be specific. What claims has she made Patrick Henry would not have approved of? List them. I'd like a link so the reader can verify your claims here also. thanks.
Okay.

Michele Bachmann Quotes - BrainyQuote

I think this one particularly rings with the poetry of Henry:

I think what separates me from the candidates is the fact that I have a proven track record of being a fighter. A fighting for what people believe in, whether it is popular or not. Despite the opposition, I stand true. Because people know that I will do what I say. And that I say what I do.

The left has made it an issue. Look at how you have treated Michele Bachmann!
No. YOU made it an issue in your OP. Michelle Bachmann cannot be compared to Patrick Henry anymore than the San Diego Chicken can be compared to the American Bald Eagle.

Why not? She stood up to CAIR and Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison while the rest of you cowered in a corner and said nothing. Why not use Bachmann as the Christian example today of one speaking out as Patrick Henry did for love of his Country?
Is division on secular issues a hallmark of what you perceive as "Christianity"? Do you think, as Himmler did, it is a Christian's duty to purge other religions from the public sphere?

The Christians on the Board as a group are no better and no worse than the non-Christians.

[Why not? She stood up to CAIR and Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison while the rest of you cowered in a corner and said nothing. Why not use Bachmann as the Christian example today of one speaking out as Patrick Henry did for love of his Country?

Michelle is a boob from day one. She is a disgrace to her professed Christian beliefs.

Patrick Henry would not have made the outrageous claims Bachmann did and still be in the history books.

Be specific. What claims has she made Patrick Henry would not have approved of? List them. I'd like a link so the reader can verify your claims here also. thanks.
Okay.

I think what separates me from the candidates is the fact that I have a proven track record of being a fighter. A fighting for what people believe in, whether it is popular or not. Despite the opposition, I stand true. Because people know that I will do what I say. And that I say what I do.

Listen to the message - Bachmann states here she is a fighter - a defender of freedom - female version of Patrick Henry? Sure! Why not? She has the same spirit!

[Why not? She stood up to CAIR and Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison while the rest of you cowered in a corner and said nothing. Why not use Bachmann as the Christian example today of one speaking out as Patrick Henry did for love of his Country?

Michelle is a boob from day one. She is a disgrace to her professed Christian beliefs.

Any woman who has the backbone to take on the tough issues such as CAIR, Muslim Brotherhood and Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison is a Patriot. Not a disgrace. She is speaking up for our freedom. When is the last time you did that on the world stage, Starkey?

The Christians on the Board as a group are no better and no worse than the non-Christians.

I totally agree. It is the Christian behavior - their honesty, style of debate & speech that is better but not their worth. We are all created equal in the eyes of God. Amen to that. - Jeri

Of course Ms. Bachmann has a firm grasp on both stirring language and the Conservative ideology as demonstrated here:

I think you may see again a rise at the federal government level for a - a call for the federal constitutional amendment, because people want to make sure that this definition of marriage remains secure, because after all, the family is the fundamental unit of government.

With solid, cogent oratory like this, it's almost impossible to distinguish Bachmann from the wisdom and poetry of the Founding Fathers.

Okay.

Listen to the message - Bachmann states here she is a fighter - a defender of freedom - female version of Patrick Henry? Sure! Why not? She has the same spirit!
A defender of freedom? She is fighting for what people believe in, whether it is popular or not! Spirit? Let her don a cheerleader's uniform. She does not have the mental agility to run the night shift at Wendy's, let alone the federal government.

Patrick Henry would have thrown off the political correctness and been far more blunt about it, Sir. Patrick Henry would have shouted from the rooftops that the founding fathers never meant Islam when they were addressing freedom of Religion. So much for your understanding of who Patrick Henry was and what he stood for. Michele Bachmann does indeed stand 4 square in the company of men such as Patrick Henry.

If you were a patriot, you'd recognize the obvious resemblance. - Jeremiah

Lordy, lordy. Ever hear of the Treaty of Tripoli? And the founding fathers meant freedom of religion, period. Whether Christian, Bhudist, Wiccan, or Islam.

We are a secular nation with a Christian majority. We are not a Christian nation.

I totally agree. It is the Christian behavior - their honesty, style of debate & speech that is better but not their worth. We are all created equal in the eyes of God. Amen to that. - Jeri

Many of the Christians here are not honest and their style of debate and speech are not as good as the non believers. That's just a fact. As a matter of fact, the most "Christian" board member is an atheist libertarian. However, some proclaimed Christians are good examples.

Last edited:
The Koran is a manual to overthrow the US Constitution. The USA is under the same threat Europe faces because they have failed to classify Islam in its proper category. Terrorist Organization. The fact it has religion attached to it means nothing. You had better read the Constitution and learn a bit more about what Jefferson said concerning Mohamedans during the First Marines and the Secret Mission of 1805.

In 1803, the American warship USS Philadelphia ran aground in Tripoli harbor, and the Muslim pirates of Barbary captured 300 US Sailors and Marines. That was our first encounter with Americans being attacked by Islam followers. President Jeffersons secret mission was to overthrow the islamic government of Tripoli. William Eaton led a mercenary army on a march across Sahara desert to surprise attack these Muslim enemies. Backed by the cannons of the US navy he captured the Muslims 3rd largest city. Eaton was ready to move forward and finish it off but Jefferson didn't want to do it. So much for your treaty nonsense.

Kind of reminds me of how they ignored General Patton when he said during WWII when we finish here we need to finish the job with the Communists ( Russians ) - the President said no and the rest is history...........we now have a man that some claim is a Muslim but for sure we know - he's a communist. So there it is. What you don't deal with now will come back to haunt you later one.

One day we are going to learn that lesson.

Last edited:

Many of the Christians here are not honest and their style of debate and speech are not as good as the non believers. That's just a fact. As a matter of fact, the most "Christian" board member is an atheist libertarian. However, so proclaimed Christians are good examples.

If there are many then surely you can give us one specific example to prove your point, Starkey. Othewise this is just another example of how people do not want to address the actual points here. Perhaps they cannot answer them and that is why they prefer to slander those who can? Has that occured to you?

Question to the board. Did Patrick Henry speak out against evil and defend his country because he was a Christian or because he was an Amerian Patriot who loved his country?

What motivated him and would he be accused today of being a bad christian because he spoke up?

Yes or no?

Thank you in advance for your answers. - Jeri

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Patrick Henry was an inveterate and voracious engrosser of land lying beyond the deadline set by the British State; later he was heavily involved in the affairs of one of the notorious Yazoo companies, operating in Georgia. He seems to have been most unscrupulous. His company's holdings in Georgia, amounting to more than 10 million acres, were to be paid for in Georgia scrip, which was much depreciated. Henry bought up all these certificates that he could get his hands on, at ten cents on the dollar, and made a great profit on them by their rise in value when Hamilton put through his measure for having the central government assume the debts they represented. Undoubtedly it was this trait of unrestrained avarice which earned him the dislike of Mr. Jefferson, who said, rather contemptuously, that he was "insatiable in money."[/FONT]

Albert J. Nock - Our Enemy the State (1935)
Excerpt regarding the causes of the Revolution here

Many of the Christians here are not honest and their style of debate and speech are not as good as the non believers. That's just a fact. As a matter of fact, the most "Christian" board member is an atheist libertarian. However, so proclaimed Christians are good examples.

If there are many then surely you can give us one specific example to prove your point, Starkey. Othewise this is just another example of how people do not want to address the actual points here. Perhaps they cannot answer them and that is why they prefer to slander those who can? Has that occured to you?

Go back and read koshergrl (allibaba) in almost any thread in which she posted.

There are no actual points here, Jeri. The Constitution is a secular document. End of story.

Forum List

Back