Give it up for the Gipper, he's been one of my favorites

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I am truly sorry that President Ronald Reagan has passed. I know there are other threads here attributed to this great man but I felt, due to my unending condemnations of most things Republican, that I should start one expressing my own thoughts. I loved Ronald Reagan for a number of things. He was a genuinely GREAT president, in my most humble and honest opinion. I've missed him since '88 and right now I especially miss him.

Ronald was a true American. Although I disagreed with him on several levels and issues, he captured my heart. He made me proud to be an American again as he did for many of us old Viet Nam Vets. He brought America back together again for the first time in many years. His gentle nature and matter of fact objectivity have never and will never, in my opinion, be equaled in any of our lifetimes. Even though I'm not ashamed that I didn't vote for RR in '80, I'm certainly still proud that I voted for him in '84. But Ronald was a once in a lifetime treasure.

With tremendous love for Ronald Reagan and America and what I think I shared with Ronald in an understanding of what America is all about, I weep with all of you.

I miss him.

Thanks for your indulgence.

Psychoblues

I've been working since Saturday, when I heard the news, gop_jeff. I wanted badly to post something before now but I've just now got the time. We agree on other things as well, my friend. We'll find them as we talk. Can you dig it?

God Bless America

Psychoblues

I think most on this board will agree with you here Psychoblues! he was a great President, and will truly be missed by many!!!!

I don't know of whom you speak, d, I know of very few even hard core partisans that ever speak unkindly towards the ideologies of Ronald Reagan or of Ronald Reagan the Man and The President. And travelling in the circles that I travel, that says a lot.

Psychoblues

Thank you, janeeng. I know that even as a partrisan Democrat I sure miss his wisdom, truthfullness, and straightforward communications with the American People. Seriously, it's sad that there are no equivalents on the American political horizon. Like I said, "once in a lifetime".

Psychoblues

Forum List

Back